The Cult of Amon

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
EmrickDuVal

The Cult of Amon

Post by EmrickDuVal »

You close your eyes anticipating sleep.

As each moment passes, you sink deeper and deeper into your bed. The smell from the last extinguished candle only furthers the slow journey into the unconscious. Slowly letting go of reality, you hear a faint whisper calling your name. In an instant you open your eyes and feel your heart skip a beat. Looking around the dark room, you see nothing out of the ordinary, but you can’t be sure. There is one corner of the room that seems abnormally dark. Just as you dismiss the idea of an intruder, a hooded figure steps forward from the shadows. You want to cry out for help but can’t. An invisible force seems to be paralyzing every muscle in your body! Suddenly you are overwhelmed with a cacophony of whispers. It’s as if Hell's gates have opened, and all its inhabitants are calling out to you. There is one whisper that quells the chaos caused by the others.

“…The Cult of Amon calls to you mortal…” it said without moving its mouth. You watch as the stranger's expressionless face shifts into a sly grin as the voices resume their chaos. The agonizing maelstrom of cries seem to be coming from inside your head. You finally lose your grasp on consciousness and begin to fall backwards. The exact moment that the pillow cushions your head, you jolt awake. The world of the waking greets you with the familiar feeling of your heart thumping in your chest. You notice a beam of sunlight piercing the room. You have no idea how long you were asleep…
Perhaps this was all just a bad dream…
Shifting your weight out of the bed, you see a small envelope with a red wax seal. There is a Large E surrounded by ornate filigree pressed into the wax. You hastily crack the wax sealing the parchment and begin reading.

"I am sure you have many questions about what you just experienced. Allow me to introduce myself, my name Is Emrick Duval. I am building a… Family… of sorts. You see, your name was given to me by a creature you cannot begin to understand in your current state. Something about you calls to us. It’s difficult to explain. If you are interested, please send me a letter. "

As you finish reading, the parchment turns to ash in your hands.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Frasier

Re: The Cult of Amon

Post by Frasier »

hmmm..... not bad
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Is this a trammel family?
EmrickDuVal

Post by EmrickDuVal »

My family is not bound by facet. In fact, It is rather difficult to do what is required when the guards are present.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

EmrickDuVal wrote: September 27th, 2019, 12:04 am My family is not bound by facet. In fact, It is rather difficult to do what is required when the guards are present.
Good. I hope you bring more pvp to fel