Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Straitions

Re: Sin Dungeon Clear No-Deaths

Post by Mr Straitions »

Arden wrote: October 29th, 2019, 5:23 pm Ok - as someone that typically misses everything bc I play west coast. I think how the event was set up is fine. Random drop lasting hours. To get into a special boss for special loot. Totally fine.

The area required staff to move chars etc, and I would bet it was an instance so only one group at a time. So it all makes sense to me.

I do agree it would be cool to open it (or maybe just one boss a day) to anyone willing to farm some sort of key. You get one try per boss so that you can see it the content but not plug up the line. All for no reward. The reward is for farming the rare item.

I can post the full video in normal time i guess so you all can see the entirety of it, it’s just over 2 hours long... that’s an insane upload.

Imo one of the better bosses/events in demise. Even without the loot, totally fun.

That's what I'm saying. Finally something that looks insanely fun to do other than wait for hours for a boss that lasts 20 seconds. Let us see the content! Which is why I went crazy looking for a chance to do the dungeon lol. I offered 250kk on Sunday and would decline loot that was acquired. Truth be told I would have offered more but oh well.

The thought of an interesting dungeon that actually takes thought and effort... and actually feels like progression in a game that is 20 years old... gives me goosebumps man. Not lying.

It's such a shame. Halloween town was built SO WELL. Theres cool stuff like this all around yet no one really experiences the content like they should. I'd give suggestions and feedback but it would be the equalivant of talking to a wall.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Here is the content that is available to everyone:

https://youtu.be/r_xASsdMeNM

Here is the content only available to a tiny amount of players once every 4 years:

https://youtu.be/8mfifds5h-8

I wish I was making this up or exaggerating.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Calvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I was unable to play this dungeon, but it is exactly what I have been begging for for years. A loot system that takes into account healers on ultra difficult/event bosses. OSI actually has already picked up on this with their 3 ways of getting loot rights: damage given, damage taken, and amount healed.

As far as the bosses, I think it was really well done. I think the only boss I would change is the Wrath from an undead horse to a smoke-out-the-ears Minotaur. The succubus is perfect for Lust. The Chief was perfect for Gluttony. The Yamandon is pretty good for sloth as they are one of the slower mobs in the game and kinda have an unfit look. The Gold coloring for greed was great [might put a gold solstice dragon here for the way they love to hoard gold.] The green for envy was great and if that was a troglodyte/Lurg it kinda gave me a throwback to 300 and the envious humpback. And of course a human for pride is perfect. I don't know if they made it female on purpose or not.

The dungeon itself also looked really good too. I didn't get to study it a lot for the details, but putting down artifacts in greed's room was on point and the major artifacts on envy's floor as well.

Thank you staff for the hard work you put into this and thank you Lady Arden for sharing this with those unable to participate.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Frasier likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Mr Straitions wrote: October 29th, 2019, 5:46 pm Here is the content only available to a tiny amount of players
catering for a tiny group of hardcore players as usual.

bailing out the banks. they play their own game and treat the normal players like plebeians, just there to fill out *their* game. i dont usually mind cos darkside dyes are there currency for that game. but they just gave them everything from normal play too, so what are we supposed to sell to them now?

its no surprise everyone is leaving. if i find one of those tokens it's going in the trash can.
The Silvertiger

Calvin wrote: October 29th, 2019, 6:11 pm its no surprise everyone is leaving.
You mean other than being here for 15 years? I don't think they catered to a certain group. My friend Amish is not part of the group that you refer to and he got to participate. As for anyone selling their ticket for gold/items/etc....maybe they should have been put in the greed room. Play the game and quit crying.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: October 29th, 2019, 6:24 pm My friend Amish is not part of the group that you refer to and he got to participate.
yeah and he died and got a robe, because he's not one of the tiny group this was made for. nice of them to give him the robe for his ticket though i guess.

they finished it 2 man, did he have to wait for them to finish too? if you can do it 2 man, it cant be that hard. but ya know, if you make a mistake, you're out. that's not hard, that's harsh. that's not fun. not everyone plays for a massive reward because they dont actually enjoy the pvm game.

they didn't even tell him what the rewards were. he was very happy with just the robe, i would have been. or maybe just a guaranteed garb, trinket, and statue. but you guys are takin the piss. you've just given them a billion gold's worth of stuff. to 2 people. are you fckin crazy?

i play now because of the population, which hasn't appeared this year... and we only have the higher pop because the drops are actually worth the time. well i guess they're not now.

honestly, you killed the normal game with these events, and now you've killed the event with a smaller event inside it. are you gonna have an even smaller event inside the smaller event, making it only worth playing for like 5 mins?

the token is found within like 30 mins. the dungeon is what, 2-3 hours? a billion gold...
how much time have people spent looking for a 90kk orne? well balanced yeah. fucks sake..
Will-twins likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

I no longer play

I live my UO life vicariously through Arden’s UO videos

I’m good
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think we should all just do an amish and fuck the community off. just keep ourselves to ourselves and chill out.

suppose it wont be worth playing though... :/

pfft.. what a shame.

i cant even pvm for good loot rolls these days, cos the statue has thrown the standards up.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

It took us considerably longer to complete because we weren’t able to play through and Gm John, who was with us, wouldn’t push us through. It’s not instanced so staff had to babysit.the.entire.event. Quit crying like a tram-newb and go back to gaunt.

We missed well more than 20 boss spawns while in there.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger

What does it even matter!? Play the game. Who cares what everyone else gets. Play your game and you will be much happier. I played a naked character most of the day today.... totally happy with that. I'm also hoping they will jail me because I'm afk now. Because that's my game. My sandbox castle rocks and if you build an ugly castle I'm not going to cry about you making my beautiful castle look like trash. If it looks good I'm going to say hey nice castle. Play the game. Don't be Envy.
Selling List & Vendor

Frasier likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

my sin, is the sin of Lucifer. the greatest sin. the one that can bring down angels.

Arden

Post by Arden »

Bama wrote: October 29th, 2019, 6:55 pm I no longer play

I live my UO life vicariously through Arden’s UO videos

I’m good
8-)
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

I spend lot of time triying to get a token to join, i was lucky bc some good friends / mates that i have been making during the years playing here, invited me.

But thats true, everyone had a chance to get the token and get inside, i keep woke up until 5AM on sunday making the dungeon, so come on, dont cry about hours, if you really want to play, you play and go, if you dont really want, you come here and cry.

Check the forums every day, check the upcoming events, make a place in your calendar if you really want to join, and do it,stop complaining.

But as i said, i didnt get any token, but i got lucky, i have good mates.
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

id like my DS charge, i have heirloom chests to dye. And Calvin, they have been holding other events other then holiday events recently. There was a harrower event, and a paragon event and then the tmap event. All were pretty fun.
Discord: Amish#1299