*Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: *Shard Event Suggestion* Transmogrification Gold & Item Sink

Post by The Silvertiger »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 16th, 2019, 5:41 pm Silvertigerbossman - prices are not set by what someone says - prices are set via free market trade with gold being the monetary basis
I think you misunderstood my "who sets the prices" part of my reply. The idea is that one single person or group of people[staff] could not set prices because style is personal, which is what would happen if this were implemented with the proposed 5kk-250kk pricing. That is unless they fluctuated as current vendors do: if you buy a lot of a single item the price goes up. However, with something in a nonpermanent status these increases would have to be really quick. Maybe even increasing 1kk for each sale.

Then you run into a fairness issue of someone bought their, we'll say epaulets, for 5kk and then someone else who was at work, in the hospital, or some other place where they were unable to login at the time the items dropped had to pay 250kk.

I hope you are better able to understand that portion of my comment on this proposed event idea. I also would like to say I pretty much agree with your reply to my post.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Arthrutus wrote: November 17th, 2019, 10:58 pm Sorry, but I don't support transmogging armor and weapons to complete different styles. To send a mage out in full platemail through transmogging is ridiculous and not even very realistic.
my shop gater suit is mage armour lrc full platemail ^.^
with a mage wep spell channeling halberd :D

it's all loot from gauntlet. used to have like 500 durability too, poffed it up all to 255 then enhanced it, but they capped it at 255 in an update
just for show, it's literally just lrc and mage armour. maybe a little mana mods. but fun to find the parts and make the suit.
Arthrutus wrote: November 17th, 2019, 10:58 pm However, I am fine with clothes being convertible to different clothing graphics.This would lead to some new styles instead of the repetitive robe look we have going on.
hide robe button would be nice tbh.. there was a game that had that, but i cant remember what it was... was it WoW?
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Consider me old school, but I'd prefer to maintain the original style of Ultima Online: Heavy armor being beneficial to warriors (Heavy, providing great protection, but lacking support for mages) and cloth/leather (Light, lacking great protection, but providing support for mages) being beneficial for mages. To allow players to swap a piece of armor to another material type without any kind of gameplay penalty seems ridiculous and frankly, an eye sore. Furthermore, limiting this ability to only the rich is also ridiculous.

I do recognize that it is possible to obtain platemail with the "Mage Armor" property, but this is rare especially when aiming for preferential properties. Many players avoid crafting platemail because it only serves a purpose to a small population when there is no "Mage Armor" property rolled. Transmog may be a step in the right path, but it would need to be carefully implemented. For this, I emphasize an important point: We should try our best to preserve the functions of these armors as they were intended.

Thus, the only way I would accept transmog is this:
1. Firstly, armor converted upwards (i.e. from plain leather armor to metal armor) will convert to the same strength requirement as the metal piece it is being converted to and gain (maybe more or less I have no clue) 2 in each resist. Secondly, the "Mage Armor" property can ONLY be added if the player agrees to remove one of the mods on their armor piece, otherwise all the mods are transferrable.

2. Armor being converted downwards (i.e. metal armor to plain leather armor) will lose a small amount of total resists (i.e. maybe 2 each resist, again no clue) but will maintain all the mods presented. Metal armor crafted with the "Mage Armor" property will lose this property when converted to leather with no option to add a new mod.

3. As for studded and bone armor, this is a happy medium and converting downwards to it will result in a loss of 1 (maybe?) each resist and converting upwards will add 1 (maybe?) in each resist and have the option of replacing a mod for the "Mage Armor" property.

4. Transmog can be used on artifacts but only in the exact same way as explain above.

This game hints heavily at realism due to the fact that most actions have a consequence. If I had to think of a way to incorporate transmog to satisfy the players, it wouldn't be purely a gold sink, but also a consequential action that can affect their gameplay.

As for implementing transmog, I think giving players the opportunity to obtain recipe pieces from specific creatures (Freddy Krueger style creatures) that can be combined in order to create a transmog request would be much better than offering it only on a Top-1%-only vendor. Just my thoughts.

**Also keep CUB on because it'll help with the world save times and prevent players from hoarding (An unintended consequence of intermittent CUB)**
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

this is getting out of control with people misunderstanding (partly by me, I guess). Turning into kind of a nightmare for staff to follow. Sorry all.

My thoughts are 3 simple points:
1 - add epaulet's for robe slot (1 time use, not redeemable).
2 - allow for only clothing transmog (no armor) that allows transmog into SAME SLOT.
3 - NO ARMOR/WEPS transmog.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's just a daft idea tbh..

but there are potential ideas in here. like:

Adding the shoulder things to the game as a craftable.
Item drops which are not items in themselves - but parts that combine to a larger item; makes it sellable, collectable, huntable, plus allows for multiple drops for 1 item.
Buffing the default resists for platemail.
Making slots hidable on the character model (limited to back and robe, there should just be a draw toggle).
Dropping the same item with a different graphic (similar to how there are 2 types of garb).

Permanent cub is a curious one.. i did suggest that a while back when CUB was on. mainly just to address things like ML artes being completely useless. but it would be very open to abuse, so if it did happen, would have to be done very carefully. maybe better to just identify the useless items and put something else in for them. like library points maybe.

but all this is assuming the staff take some creative license with the game... which im not sure they want to do outside of the event towns.

if you wanna transmog clothing, then cut it up and use the cloth, like we all have been doing for years. clothing transmogs are just scissors.
if you wanna put something different on your armour/wep, you can engrave and pigment it.. the stuff you want is kinda already in the game. use your brain and figure out what you can get/how to get it, dont just ask gms to change the game to give you what you want..
we all play by the rules, that's what makes the game consistent and fun. you're asking to let rich people break the rules of the game.. i get where you are coming from with that, cos you have kinda completed the game and now you want sandbox mode. but it's not a good idea, people wont play a game that has been made defunct by the late game. that's why WoW made it so you basically skip levels 1-80, and why they are now re-releasing classic WoW. people dont really want content driven gameplay cos it gets boring, they want a virtual world.
Arthrutus likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so when you said clothing, you meant artifacts?

try saying what you mean. sorry for not reading your subtext i guess...

didn't someone complain everyone wears the same shirt?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 16th, 2019, 1:40 pm every character on the server pretty much wears the same shit.
lol oh right. you need a better vocabulary.

so all of this is because you want a doublet instead of a sash...? a doublet of the royal guard..?
go petition the royal guard lolol

captain of the britannian royal guard gets doublet maybe? just make it another drop...

i think gm should just make you one cos you're special <3

or if you prefer "'m spcl"

i agree it's annoying that robe covers everything, but that's about all i agree with you on.
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

I don't see an issue with being able to convert artifact clothing to different types. Maybe an option in the tailoring menu to convert clothing. Robe -> Plain dress, elven robe, etc. Just no converting armor or weapons.
The Silvertiger

Eh... I would love to see people rocking suits of metal\bone\dragon armor over everyone in basic leather armor. I really don't think it's that big of a deal either.

#makepaperdollsgreatagain
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if people dont use things, then it's because things are not balanced.

general idea is to nerf the stuff that's over used and buff that stuff that's under used...
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

Is Calvin just a forum troll or does he actually believe some of this stuff??
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

oh, can't believe no one has thought of this (including me). This would be an easy one - Transmog stupid boots into sandals.
The Silvertiger

See here's a great example of differences in style and why staff wouldn't be able to come up with values 5-250kk because I love the boots.

@calvin that's why Necro Bush is so awesome. ;)
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: November 27th, 2019, 12:16 pm @calvin that's why Necro Bush is so awesome. ;)
it is, but it's not the only way.
Dwn Wth Vwls wrote: November 26th, 2019, 11:53 am Is Calvin just a forum troll or does he actually believe some of this stuff??
both. ;)
Prak was a “strange and difficult man”, so the judge ordered that truth serum be administered.
That’s when it happened.
“They gave him too much,” he said in a tiny whimper.
“And when the trial continued,” he said in a weeping whisper, “they asked Prak a most unfortunate thing. They asked him,” he paused and shivered, “to tell the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth. Only, don’t you see?”
He suddenly hoisted himself up on to his elbows again and shouted at them.
“They’d given him much too much of the drug!”
The drug worked. Prak began to tell the whole truth, from beginning to end. Every truth about everything. And he didn’t stop. He couldn’t.
“Terrible things, incomprehensible things,” he shouted, “things that would drive a man mad!”
blueberryumyum

Post by blueberryumyum »

I like the idea