Sampire

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Sampire

Post by Calvin »

well then do it if it's not a problem, dont you curse wep and stuff?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:17 pm as i say my guy works very different to yours, but the suit is not that different at all, just i have much more freedom on items using shield.
there's absolutely no reason tho that i couldn't swap the mana focus for +stamina. i only need 10, i already have 140 dex. all i'd need to change is my arms, i think my jewels already have an extra 4 dex
in fact i already have 10 too much hci as well. so i could pretty much dump the shield. all i'd need is some 8 stam arms and a 30% ssi axe and i would have your suit.

... i have GM bushido soul stoned as well.. i might try it out, the axe would be so expensive tho
Last edited by Calvin on January 14th, 2020, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

sampires leech life from vamp form
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Will-twins and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

thing is i like my current build, there's nothing i cant have a crack at with AI as an option, and nothing i cant heal against with bandage and 4fc chiv

sampires can rly struggle against high resist monsters that they cant leech from

admittedly i could do moar damage, but i do enough, and it's a small price to pay for the versatility.

plus it's like the max defence possible, so there's not really anything that can 1 hit kill you, unless you have enemy of one on the wrong target.
my biggest issue is i dont do enough damage on WW with a radiant if i dont use enemy of one, and i take too much damage if i do

but yeah if i took bushido and a double axe i would probably out damage myself by quite a lot. it'd just be more specialized.
would also be a lot more to handle on the hotkeys cos i dont use scripts, and i rly cant be assed with that.

i probably lose 50% damage after a while from not honoring, and probably like 50% from using katana.
but i gain back about 50% from pure efficiency of how often i can use the specials and how consistent the damage is (recasting buffs before they wear off).
then the 50% from honour doesn't come into play all the time due to low hp monsters or someone else honouring.
so it works out alright. and i dont have to rely on anything to heal, or use crazy hotkeys.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

but if you wanted to make suit like mine for sampire....

gimme 20 mins and i'll total it up for you
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

di - 40 wep, 20 trinket, 10 df, 30 jewels. = 100
dci - 5 garb, 5 quiver, 20 legs, 30 jewels. = 60
hci - 10 collar, 10 df, 25 jewels = 45
fc - 2 jewels = 2
dex - 5 cc, 5 glasses, 8 jewels. = 138
stam - 138 dex, 8 glove, 8 arms = 154
lmc - 15 rbc, 8 glove, 8 arm, 5 jewel = 36
ssi - 30 wep, 10 df = 40

so that's 40/45, 100 di, 2 fc, 154 stam, 40% ssi, 36 lmc

arms: 8 stam, 8 lmc, resist, resist, resist
gloves: 8 stam, 8 lmc, resist, resist, mr?
ring: 1fc/10hci/15dci/20di/8 dex
brac: 1fc/15hci/15dci/10di/5lmc

done.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

rbc and sash will also give you +5 int, +10 mana, and +5 mr.
legs, collar and cc will also give +10 str, and +16hp
and you'll have 30% HLD on your axe from glasses
garb up to 7mr.

axe would be like 30% SSI, HML, HSL, Hit Area. +30% HLD.

all meddable so you get the 30 meditation passive bonus, and with glasses and collar it's pretty easy to make all 70s

they're just not cheap items, but it's totally doable
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you'd be on 60/39/48/35/59 from glasses, collar, rbc, and legs

so you need 10/31/22/35/11 from gloves and arms. so 2x fire, 1x cold, 2x poison mods. tweak with boots and earrings.

5/16/18/20/6, 8lmc, 8 stam
5/15/4/15/5, 8 lmc, 8 stam, 2 mr
not impossible at all.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

see this is where some people cheat to get exactly what they need ;P

or others spend years slowly picking up the parts when they see them, or grinding runics ;)

fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: January 14th, 2020, 2:36 pm thing is i like my current build, there's nothing i cant have a crack at with AI as an option, and nothing i cant heal against with bandage and 4fc chiv

sampires can rly struggle against high resist monsters that they cant leech from

What changes about this when you add bushido and necro?

Sampires just use AI weapons too
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you have to lose the shield to maintain the max parry chance if you're getting bushido.
then if you're not using shield, might as well use 2 hander, and that knocks onto the rest of the suit. making it into the sampire suit.
but as i say it's do-able, just those things would be a lot more expensive and harder to find than even the thing i already found, which were pretty expensive and hard to find. (not requiring hci or di on jewels)

you'd need to find the 5 mod jewels, and 2x 5 mod runic parts. with shield i only need (and found) 1 4 mod runic part, and 2 4 mod jewels.
i have 5 mod arms and a 5 mod jewel, but the 5th mod is not a necessary one, just a bonus. (just mana or skills)
i'd still be searching if i was aiming for the sampire set. tho i am kinda casual these days.
im sure someone hardcore could get it done, or probably has most of the parts already.

plus this shield lets me get 3 fc, and i only *need* hml on katana rly, so i can get fc on that too, with hit spell and hla ideally. cos with 4fc i dont need stam leech. (lmc and divine fury)

as for necro, i suppose you could use it... seems a waste of points to me, but if you can budget the skill points i guess you could.
i suppose it's just a choice between constant leech heal, or the 100 on healing. but you're gonna have anatomy anyway.. so..

thing is if you're using a 2 hander you're hitting for more, so the leech is more effective. to me sampire is not a build that scales well, it just clicks into place once you get passed a certain level of equip.

shield build is more of a steady increase, getting better gear means you have to run back/heal less, and you do more damage - ramping up a lot toward the end. if a sampire falls short of the min specs they will just fail hard, but once they meet those specs the build gets 100x better; this is setting the min req very high, but the end result would be phenomenal.

... i'd need the axe, the arms and gloves, and the bracelet.
i could drop hit area on the axe and make it 3 mod. i could drop some resist on the arms and gloves. the brace would be a problem.
so if i made that suit i'd be in slightly under 70 all resists, i wouldn't have hit area on the WW, and i'd probably be on 70% di and 40/40 dci/hci.
it'd still pass i think
could put that to 95 di and 40/30 instead. we would still have HLD from glasses.
dump resist spells and healing, get necro and bushido. yeah, could make Calvin a tough sampire pretty easily.

im happy with how he is though, i can take him to pvp and stuff, but if you asked me to build a sampire, that's how i'd do it.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Calvin wrote: January 14th, 2020, 3:14 pm

so that's 40/45, 100 di, 2 fc, 154 stam, 40% ssi, 36 lmc
So close to my actual no bushido warrior :)
Without divine fury im Rn like 45/45 100di 2/6 156stam SSI 0+ depend on weapon 36lmc :)
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Calvin likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

I’m not reading all this - is Calvin being dumb again??

My suit is better than maya’a I know for a fact. What are we discussing ?
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

You have no idea what suit i run now and that is a fact
Also Arden Better suit not mean you play sampire better. That is also fact-->suit not make you best in pvm
But i do not gonna argue about who run better suit
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
;)