Battlefield event and guild point suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gusteg

Battlefield event and guild point suggestions

Post by gusteg »

I'm sorry to post this topic here, but I didn't find a suggestions page to post the contributions that I would like to present to the server.

I would like to give some suggestions to the staffs. I see that the server has a lot of people who just don't play. They just leave their macros on and make money for them. Some of the suggestions that I will present are intended to make the server more attractive, and thus make people and especially guilds have something new to look for.

1. Battlefield events during the day, every day. Something as simple as capturing the flag and as a scoring event for death and area capture. A portal would open in Luna and Vendor Plazza where everyone would be taken to a waiting area for the preparation of the battlefield events and at the end of the countdown the beginning of the event. These are already two different events that can be announced every two hours in an alternate way. At the end of the events, participants receive random gifts such as items with magical attributes, money or ornaments. The higher the player's position (according to the amount of points acquired) the better the reward can be, or just give the reward for participation, the choice is up to you. Each participant in the event will earn points for the guild (winning team earns more points and loser less points).

2. Level and guild points. Guilds would have a points system that they would accumulate. These points would be accumulated so that the guild could rise from level to level and be presented in a ranking system. The points could be spent on some guild rewards and the levels could give some benefits to the participants of the specific guild.
An example of how the lvl system could work would be the following. Whenever a guild passes an lvl, this guild would have the right to enable a benefit in a champ spawn, a benefit that could be, for example, greater chance of dropping Item Artifact Champion and PS 120.

At the moment I will leave only these two ideas to see how the degree of acceptance is. I would like to present many others, but these two (if accepted by you staff) will probably already be a great and difficult job.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Calvin

Re: Battlefield event and guild point suggestions

Post by Calvin »

"Battlefield event"

just those 2 words... *adjusts crotch area*

can i suggest something like this:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/PvP_zone
"Victory in a PvP zone will result in control of that zone being transferred to the winning faction. Control of each PvP zone grants access to unique features in that zone. These include additional daily quests and entrance to raid instances hidden within the PvP zone. These features are available only to players of the controlling faction, giving players additional motivation to participate in PvP zones. Additionally, numerous faction-specific NPCs will spawn in the zone following battle, offering services to the controlling faction's players and attacking enemy players on sight."

there are *some* things to learn from that game ;)

+ you could put a cap on the number of players a guild can have.. that would stop all the winning team joining.
gusteg likes this.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:14 am "Battlefield event"

just those 2 words... *adjusts crotch area*

can i suggest something like this:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/PvP_zone
"Victory in a PvP zone will result in control of that zone being transferred to the winning faction. Control of each PvP zone grants access to unique features in that zone. These include additional daily quests and entrance to raid instances hidden within the PvP zone. These features are available only to players of the controlling faction, giving players additional motivation to participate in PvP zones. Additionally, numerous faction-specific NPCs will spawn in the zone following battle, offering services to the controlling faction's players and attacking enemy players on sight."

there are *some* things to learn from that game ;)

+ you could put a cap on the number of players a guild can have.. that would stop all the winning team joining.
This would be absolutely splendid, but I believe that would be very difficult to the staff. In any case, the aim would be to encourage new players to venture into PVP on a casual basis or not, to add new perspectives to these players. A lot of people just play the PVM or leave the macros to make money. I believe that they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation. Only those who are already adapted to the PVP are those who participate in some events of this type and stay in the felluca areas. I hope that Staff will at least see and discuss the matter. I believe this would help to draw more people to play on Demise.

In addition there are some customers that help to improve the graphics quality of Ultima Online, increasing the FPS and making the game more fluid (they call the client "ClassicUO client"). It would be really cool if they adapted this client and made it available to players on this server. But I would like to discuss this in another topic, as we would already be deviating from the subject here.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

gusteg wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm A lot of people just play the PVM or leave the macros to make money. I believe that they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation. Only those who are already adapted to the PVP are those who participate in some events of this type and stay in the felluca areas. I hope that Staff will at least see and discuss the matter. I believe this would help to draw more people to play on Demise.

In addition there are some customers that help to improve the graphics quality of Ultima Online, increasing the FPS and making the game more fluid (they call the client "ClassicUO client").
lol... the server is already pvp orientated, that's why everyone left... UO pvp is not good mate :P
but just because it's for hardcore elitist players, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gameplay.
like, i suggest this cos it's good game design, but there's zero chance of me actually playing the uo pvp lol, it's just terrible. the people, the rules, the controls... everything.. it's a terrible pvp game lol.

like we used to have a thriving pvm community until MB got his claws into the GMs and they started slaving themselves to do live pvp events every fkin day instead of working on the game. legalizing script farming.. giving them all the best drops in events because they cry like mad if they actually have to do some grind to get things... urgh.. keep them away from me plz lol.

it's just terrible people exploiting terrible mechanics to get an unfair advantage and actually win something for once.
there's only like 1 class that works... urgh... honestly... just... lol... like have some good pvp rules, that's not hard to make at all. but dont expect UO to be a pvp game, cos it's not.

it's just a virtual world game, where there is a place for people to be assholes.

yas shoulda just banned him when it was blatantly obvious he was cheating like mad... too late now. the infection has spread... tumor has grown... but maybe we can roll with it, and mutate into some kinda frankenbeast.

and before we get all the messages about how "uo is a pvp game!"
> then why are you asking to change it, to have pvp content?
> if it were a pvp game, wouldn't it already have that content?

why do wamen always get dominated by assholes? i think maybe they just like it. that's why you gotta have men in charge ;P
is that sexist or not? cos im not saying they're incapable :P
just that they dont make good choices lol. not good judges of character. i've met a lot of very smart women in my life, but i dont think i've ever met a wise one.

they can bring the PvMers back, they just have to make some custom content that's not been scripted to death and put it in when the population is high, say just as they close H-town.

dont make the whole game purely about the pvp, cos it's not a safe bet, at all. you are not gonna compete on that level, in that field, for those players. not against things like COD, and LOL, and DOTA, and CS... there's millions of them, and they all do the job better than uo. there's is not millions of vitural world games though, and none do it better than uo.

especially considering no-one gives a shit about graphics anymore, or "new tech". they want something solid and styled. tbh the pvp is the main problem, because it's broken as fuck, it stops the game being solid, cos it was never designed to have that level of pvp in the first place.
pvp is the biggest problem for the *game*, but population is the biggest problem for the *server*.
stuff is only really fun because of the people you meet, etc. but they're all bots now, you have chased all the real people pvmers off. you just... didn't understand your place in the food-chain. you didn't appreciate it's an ecosystem and you need all the types of players. you demanded more. it broke the balance.

beware the butterfly effect.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:05 am
gusteg wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm A lot of people just play the PVM or leave the macros to make money. I believe that they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation. Only those who are already adapted to the PVP are those who participate in some events of this type and stay in the felluca areas. I hope that Staff will at least see and discuss the matter. I believe this would help to draw more people to play on Demise.

In addition there are some customers that help to improve the graphics quality of Ultima Online, increasing the FPS and making the game more fluid (they call the client "ClassicUO client").
lol... the server is already pvp orientated, that's why everyone left... UO pvp is not good mate :P
but just because it's for hardcore elitist players, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gameplay.
like, i suggest this cos it's good game design, but there's zero chance of me actually playing the uo pvp lol, it's just terrible. the people, the rules, the controls... everything.. it's a terrible pvp game lol.

like we used to have a thriving pvm community until MB got his claws into the GMs and they started slaving themselves to do live pvp events every fkin day instead of working on the game. legalizing script farming.. giving them all the best drops in events because they cry like mad if they actually have to do some grind to get things... urgh.. keep them away from me plz lol.

it's just terrible people exploiting terrible mechanics to get an unfair advantage and actually win something for once.
there's only like 1 class that works... urgh... honestly... just... lol... like have some good pvp rules, that's not hard to make at all. but dont expect UO to be a pvp game, cos it's not.

it's just a virtual world game, where there is a place for people to be assholes.

yas shoulda just banned him when it was blatantly obvious he was cheating like mad... too late now. the infection has spread... tumor has grown... but maybe we can roll with it, and mutate into some kinda frankenbeast.

and before we get all the messages about how "uo is a pvp game!"
> then why are you asking to change it, to have pvp content?
> if it were a pvp game, wouldn't it already have that content?

why do wamen always get dominated by assholes? i think maybe they just like it. that's why you gotta have men in charge ;P
is that sexist or not? cos im not saying they're incapable :P
just that they dont make good choices lol. not good judges of character. i've met a lot of very smart women in my life, but i dont think i've ever met a wise one.

they can bring the PvMers back, they just have to make some custom content that's not been scripted to death and put it in when the population is high, say just as they close H-town.

dont make the whole game purely about the pvp, cos it's not a safe bet, at all. you are not gonna compete on that level, in that field, for those players. not against things like COD, and LOL, and DOTA, and CS... there's millions of them, and they all do the job better than uo. there's is not millions of vitural world games though, and none do it better than uo.

especially considering no-one gives a shit about graphics anymore, or "new tech". they want something solid and styled. tbh the pvp is the main problem, because it's broken as fuck, it stops the game being solid, cos it was never designed to have that level of pvp in the first place.
pvp is the biggest problem for the *game*, but population is the biggest problem for the *server*.
stuff is only really fun because of the people you meet, etc. but they're all bots now, you have chased all the real people pvmers off. you just... didn't understand your place in the food-chain. you didn't appreciate it's an ecosystem and you need all the types of players. you demanded more. it broke the balance.

beware the butterfly effect.
Calvin, please do not misunderstand me. It is obvious that there are current games focused only on PVP content and it is obvious that these games will be "better" on PVP content. THEY ONLY HAVE THIS CONTENT. But the fact is that we have a game server with several possibilities to implement new mechanics and events to make it more attractive than others. I don't know if you understood the purpose of the Post (probably not), but the intention is to bring people to the "Demise" server, not to bring people to the "Ultima Online" game. Another observation is that the goal is the implementation of guild points, which subsequently opens up a range of possibilities to enrich the PVM content, as the points system can provide benefits for everyone by facilitating the implementation of automatic events by the server. In short, the server can have its own activity being automatically generated several times, throughout the day. This brings the feeling that the server is not dead, constantly putting content activity on the players.
Centurion wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:58 pm Problems with your suggestion -

1. Staff don't have the necessary coding skills to undertake such a project
2. Staff don't give a flying shit ... they cannot even catch the cheats multi clienting or botting.
3. The server is shit and would not take the strain.
4. Refer to 1 or 2 or 3 for any future question.

***Information correct at time of posting***

Also don't waste your breath ... refer back through forums to other suggestions or the waste of time 6 shit questions not real answered but hey look we did something in 6 months since taking over the server as it was always 'Ryan's fault something something something blah blah blah Ryan"
Centurion, their comments are not constructive, they are poor and full of negativity. They add no value to anything or anyone. If you do not want to help, please do not disturb.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

but you're wanting to make demise a pvp focused shard of the uo game? so you're saying if people want to play uo pvp, demise is the place to go..

i've no problem with that, what i have a problem with is the idea that everyone should play that part of the game, and only that part of the game.

why is demise not also the place to go to play UO pvm?

what is wrong with players only playing the PvM?
that's the whole point of trammel.

"they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation"
that's just totally wrong, some people just dont like pvp stuff, personally i just think it's not a good game for pvp, not enough is down to skill, too much is down to planning. but then i prefer league of legends to dota for the same reason; there are plenty of people who prefer dota.

everyone doesn't have to play how you play, in fact they shouldn't. but the problem is how people are playing now, is stopping other people playing how they want to play. because they dont want to put in the work, they dont want to pay for things, and they dont want to play without them. that's the only reason the pvm is bad here.

i suppose that makes the pvp good? cos people can all get the items they want. but there's just not enough UO players overall to limit your population to pvpers.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there is gameplay outside of pvp and outside of grinding.. like in trading, or gambling.

that's effectively going back to whats his name's character types, the explorer, the pvper, the socialite, and the completer. effectively your pvpers are your pvpers, your traders are your socialites, your completers are your pvm grinders, and your explorers are your gamblers.

if they did a new distribution package full of automation scripts... it would still work, it's the imbalance that pisses everyone off. if i go and grind for 3 hours it's worth nothing. not so bad now im rolling on 3k+ luck, but even that's only for an hour, and just playing for drops where i should be getting like cash, chances of artifacts, meeting people, etc. but all that is worthless because it's script farmed.

like if you give everyone the scripts and raise the bar so to speak. that'd fix it, but it'd change the game a lot.. at this point it might be worth it tbh. if they are willing to stick with it and fix the issues that arise. it could be a massive can of worms though. shouldn't really get things established doing them one way, then totally change it... that often doesn't work.
Last edited by Calvin on June 8th, 2020, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:47 am but you're wanting to make demise a pvp focused shard of the uo game? so you're saying if people want to play uo pvp, demise is the place to go..

i've no problem with that, what i have a problem with is the idea that everyone should play that part of the game, and only that part of the game.

why is demise not also the place to go to play UO pvm?

what is wrong with players only playing the PvM?
that's the whole point of trammel.

"they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation"
that's just totally wrong, some people just dont like pvp stuff, personally i just think it's not a good game for pvp, not enough is down to skill, too much is down to planning. but then i prefer league of legends to dota for the same reason; there are plenty of people who prefer dota.

everyone doesn't have to play how you play, in fact they shouldn't. but the problem is how people are playing now, is stopping other people playing how they want to play. because they dont want to put in the work, and they dont want to pay for things. that's the only reason the pvm is bad here.
No dude! the first suggesttion was about PVP, but was just a suggestion. I'm talking about events! And the PVP event is the easiest to implement. And as I said ... These events can implement points for guilds and make it possible to increase the rate of drops. In champs or Doom or you could release the tokuno drop for a short period of time. These benefits could be activated with a button. It would make people start moving and be more participatory in the game. Giving more motivation to the creation of guilds and the race for points so that you can gain benefits. FORGET THAT THING OF PVP AND PVM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! This would be just the first step towards a range of possibilities for creating events in a simpler way, making the server give the impression of greater activity, making people interact more.

AND DUDE! I PLAY PVM!
Last edited by gusteg on June 8th, 2020, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well you just make a map that has a control point and give the controlling faction some benefit to controlling it?

doesn't have to be event... limit guilds to 20 players to they have to fight for it.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:10 am well you just make a map that has a control point and give the controlling faction some benefit to controlling it?

doesn't have to be event... limit guilds to 20 players to they have to fight for it.
This is just an other way to do it, but not attractive. I think it will be difficult to make you understand. I see that the problem with this server is not the Staff, but the people who play it.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

gusteg wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:17 ambut not attractive. I think it will be difficult to make you understand.
im not trolling you, why is it not attractive?

and try explain again... lol

honestly my overall opinion is just that the population is not balanced, because they began showing favoritism. i think all the problems people complain about are from that, because they lost most of like 3/4 of the player types; these are all just symptoms of that problem. putting a bandage on the symptom will not fix the problem... especially when the only reported symptoms are the ones for the pvpers, cos they're the only issues that effect them..

but it's easy to make pvp mini-games. so might as well, you're not actually asking for a lot with that.
they'd already have loads if they didn't waste time on live events.. they already do in fact, with like the hungry games and stuff... just... not very good ones :P
gusteg likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

half the mechanics are already in the game, just use the faction sigil stuff. make 1 town. have like scratcher vendor in there or something. then i dunno, whoever holds the sigil for an hour controls the town.

stick like 10 entry/exit points on. sigil drops at the gate when you leave. done.
gusteg likes this.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:22 am
gusteg wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:17 ambut not attractive. I think it will be difficult to make you understand.
im not trolling you, why is it not attractive?

and try explain again... lol
Ok. If we implement a system of domination of territory, it would actually be very cool, but the PKs would always dominate, the intention is not to limit the number of people in the guild, so large guilds would also have much more advantages. Small guilds in turn will NEVER or almost never have a chance to take advantage of bonuses and would be something that would unbalance the server. The points system (more or less points depending on the result) would make EVERYONE have at least how activate these bonuses. And do not limit the item drop bonuses. Also add exceptional leather craft rate bonuses, exceptional bow craft rate bonuses, exceptional blacksmith craft rate bonuses, gold rate, paragon rate, etc. Several random bonuses. There is a server that applies this method and nowadays it is the most populous Ultima Online server in the world, as it has methods to attract the public and keep them always active.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:32 am half the mechanics are already in the game, just use the faction sigil stuff. make 1 town. have like scratcher vendor in there or something. then i dunno, whoever holds the sigil for an hour controls the town.

stick like 10 entry/exit points on. sigil drops at the gate when you leave. done.
LOL! Lets play Albion, so.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what about bringing back silver, awarded for kills, and giving the option to spend it for a buff on items?

it's tricky tho dude, cos you always have to consider how people will exploit it, you would end up with people farming the points/silver with a second account
gusteg likes this.