Battlefield event and guild point suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gusteg

Re: Battlefield event and guild point suggestions

Post by gusteg »

Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 9:52 am what about bringing back silver, awarded for kills, and giving the option to spend it for a buff on items?

it's tricky tho dude, cos you always have to consider how people will exploit it, you would end up with people farming the points/silver with a second account
This is a great idea! It is something that already is implemented. This is the thing! Get something that exist in the game and make it better. I really hope the staff see this post. Calvin, thanks for bring a constructive idea to the topic.
Calvin likes this.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

I forgot to mention a detail. At PVP events you can kill people all you want, which does not become RED (I think this is very interesting and encourages people who would like to make a casual PVP without having to create a char just for that, and can also test the effectiveness of their current build).
Calvin likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

gusteg wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:14 am
Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:05 am
gusteg wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm A lot of people just play the PVM or leave the macros to make money. I believe that they do not play the pvp of this game (which is very cool) due to lack of motivation. Only those who are already adapted to the PVP are those who participate in some events of this type and stay in the felluca areas. I hope that Staff will at least see and discuss the matter. I believe this would help to draw more people to play on Demise.

In addition there are some customers that help to improve the graphics quality of Ultima Online, increasing the FPS and making the game more fluid (they call the client "ClassicUO client").
lol... the server is already pvp orientated, that's why everyone left... UO pvp is not good mate :P
but just because it's for hardcore elitist players, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gameplay.
like, i suggest this cos it's good game design, but there's zero chance of me actually playing the uo pvp lol, it's just terrible. the people, the rules, the controls... everything.. it's a terrible pvp game lol.

like we used to have a thriving pvm community until MB got his claws into the GMs and they started slaving themselves to do live pvp events every fkin day instead of working on the game. legalizing script farming.. giving them all the best drops in events because they cry like mad if they actually have to do some grind to get things... urgh.. keep them away from me plz lol.

it's just terrible people exploiting terrible mechanics to get an unfair advantage and actually win something for once.
there's only like 1 class that works... urgh... honestly... just... lol... like have some good pvp rules, that's not hard to make at all. but dont expect UO to be a pvp game, cos it's not.

it's just a virtual world game, where there is a place for people to be assholes.

yas shoulda just banned him when it was blatantly obvious he was cheating like mad... too late now. the infection has spread... tumor has grown... but maybe we can roll with it, and mutate into some kinda frankenbeast.

and before we get all the messages about how "uo is a pvp game!"
> then why are you asking to change it, to have pvp content?
> if it were a pvp game, wouldn't it already have that content?

why do wamen always get dominated by assholes? i think maybe they just like it. that's why you gotta have men in charge ;P
is that sexist or not? cos im not saying they're incapable :P
just that they dont make good choices lol. not good judges of character. i've met a lot of very smart women in my life, but i dont think i've ever met a wise one.

they can bring the PvMers back, they just have to make some custom content that's not been scripted to death and put it in when the population is high, say just as they close H-town.

dont make the whole game purely about the pvp, cos it's not a safe bet, at all. you are not gonna compete on that level, in that field, for those players. not against things like COD, and LOL, and DOTA, and CS... there's millions of them, and they all do the job better than uo. there's is not millions of vitural world games though, and none do it better than uo.

especially considering no-one gives a shit about graphics anymore, or "new tech". they want something solid and styled. tbh the pvp is the main problem, because it's broken as fuck, it stops the game being solid, cos it was never designed to have that level of pvp in the first place.
pvp is the biggest problem for the *game*, but population is the biggest problem for the *server*.
stuff is only really fun because of the people you meet, etc. but they're all bots now, you have chased all the real people pvmers off. you just... didn't understand your place in the food-chain. you didn't appreciate it's an ecosystem and you need all the types of players. you demanded more. it broke the balance.

beware the butterfly effect.
Calvin, please do not misunderstand me. It is obvious that there are current games focused only on PVP content and it is obvious that these games will be "better" on PVP content. THEY ONLY HAVE THIS CONTENT. But the fact is that we have a game server with several possibilities to implement new mechanics and events to make it more attractive than others. I don't know if you understood the purpose of the Post (probably not), but the intention is to bring people to the "Demise" server, not to bring people to the "Ultima Online" game. Another observation is that the goal is the implementation of guild points, which subsequently opens up a range of possibilities to enrich the PVM content, as the points system can provide benefits for everyone by facilitating the implementation of automatic events by the server. In short, the server can have its own activity being automatically generated several times, throughout the day. This brings the feeling that the server is not dead, constantly putting content activity on the players.
Centurion wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:58 pm Problems with your suggestion -

1. Staff don't have the necessary coding skills to undertake such a project
2. Staff don't give a flying shit ... they cannot even catch the cheats multi clienting or botting.
3. The server is shit and would not take the strain.
4. Refer to 1 or 2 or 3 for any future question.

***Information correct at time of posting***

Also don't waste your breath ... refer back through forums to other suggestions or the waste of time 6 shit questions not real answered but hey look we did something in 6 months since taking over the server as it was always 'Ryan's fault something something something blah blah blah Ryan"
Centurion, their comments are not constructive, they are poor and full of negativity. They add no value to anything or anyone. If you do not want to help, please do not disturb.

Gusteg trying to save you some hours of your life ... the horse has been beaten so much there ain't anything left to say as it has already been said. Don't waste your breath go read the forums its all been said before.
gusteg likes this.
gusteg

Post by gusteg »

Centurion wrote: June 8th, 2020, 11:29 am
gusteg wrote: June 8th, 2020, 8:14 am
Calvin wrote: June 8th, 2020, 5:05 am

lol... the server is already pvp orientated, that's why everyone left... UO pvp is not good mate :P
but just because it's for hardcore elitist players, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gameplay.
like, i suggest this cos it's good game design, but there's zero chance of me actually playing the uo pvp lol, it's just terrible. the people, the rules, the controls... everything.. it's a terrible pvp game lol.

like we used to have a thriving pvm community until MB got his claws into the GMs and they started slaving themselves to do live pvp events every fkin day instead of working on the game. legalizing script farming.. giving them all the best drops in events because they cry like mad if they actually have to do some grind to get things... urgh.. keep them away from me plz lol.

it's just terrible people exploiting terrible mechanics to get an unfair advantage and actually win something for once.
there's only like 1 class that works... urgh... honestly... just... lol... like have some good pvp rules, that's not hard to make at all. but dont expect UO to be a pvp game, cos it's not.

it's just a virtual world game, where there is a place for people to be assholes.

yas shoulda just banned him when it was blatantly obvious he was cheating like mad... too late now. the infection has spread... tumor has grown... but maybe we can roll with it, and mutate into some kinda frankenbeast.

and before we get all the messages about how "uo is a pvp game!"
> then why are you asking to change it, to have pvp content?
> if it were a pvp game, wouldn't it already have that content?

why do wamen always get dominated by assholes? i think maybe they just like it. that's why you gotta have men in charge ;P
is that sexist or not? cos im not saying they're incapable :P
just that they dont make good choices lol. not good judges of character. i've met a lot of very smart women in my life, but i dont think i've ever met a wise one.

they can bring the PvMers back, they just have to make some custom content that's not been scripted to death and put it in when the population is high, say just as they close H-town.

dont make the whole game purely about the pvp, cos it's not a safe bet, at all. you are not gonna compete on that level, in that field, for those players. not against things like COD, and LOL, and DOTA, and CS... there's millions of them, and they all do the job better than uo. there's is not millions of vitural world games though, and none do it better than uo.

especially considering no-one gives a shit about graphics anymore, or "new tech". they want something solid and styled. tbh the pvp is the main problem, because it's broken as fuck, it stops the game being solid, cos it was never designed to have that level of pvp in the first place.
pvp is the biggest problem for the *game*, but population is the biggest problem for the *server*.
stuff is only really fun because of the people you meet, etc. but they're all bots now, you have chased all the real people pvmers off. you just... didn't understand your place in the food-chain. you didn't appreciate it's an ecosystem and you need all the types of players. you demanded more. it broke the balance.

beware the butterfly effect.
Calvin, please do not misunderstand me. It is obvious that there are current games focused only on PVP content and it is obvious that these games will be "better" on PVP content. THEY ONLY HAVE THIS CONTENT. But the fact is that we have a game server with several possibilities to implement new mechanics and events to make it more attractive than others. I don't know if you understood the purpose of the Post (probably not), but the intention is to bring people to the "Demise" server, not to bring people to the "Ultima Online" game. Another observation is that the goal is the implementation of guild points, which subsequently opens up a range of possibilities to enrich the PVM content, as the points system can provide benefits for everyone by facilitating the implementation of automatic events by the server. In short, the server can have its own activity being automatically generated several times, throughout the day. This brings the feeling that the server is not dead, constantly putting content activity on the players.
Centurion wrote: June 7th, 2020, 10:58 pm Problems with your suggestion -

1. Staff don't have the necessary coding skills to undertake such a project
2. Staff don't give a flying shit ... they cannot even catch the cheats multi clienting or botting.
3. The server is shit and would not take the strain.
4. Refer to 1 or 2 or 3 for any future question.

***Information correct at time of posting***

Also don't waste your breath ... refer back through forums to other suggestions or the waste of time 6 shit questions not real answered but hey look we did something in 6 months since taking over the server as it was always 'Ryan's fault something something something blah blah blah Ryan"
Centurion, their comments are not constructive, they are poor and full of negativity. They add no value to anything or anyone. If you do not want to help, please do not disturb.

Gusteg trying to save you some hours of your life ... the horse has been beaten so much there ain't anything left to say as it has already been said. Don't waste your breath go read the forums its all been said before.
Well ... Thanks for the warning. You seem like a nice guy, but I prefer to try to help the server, because I really like to play here, than go to another server where these mechanics work (and really work, in peak days it reaches 1500+ people online, easily), however it is not running in the same era.

If my Post helps somehow, I will deserve an award. :lol:
Arden

Post by Arden »

I think you have some fair thoughts and possibly fun ideas.

Don’t let people like Calvin and shit Cheerios try to bring you down.

No one reads anything Calvin reads. Who posts 4x long ass incoherent posts in row expecting anyone to read it.

Ideas need to be osi or balanced based from what thier last 6 on sat leads me to believe. It also needs to be able feesible. To code a whole new event/concept from scratch is time consuming.

Banning afks, dealing with fuckers 😂😘 like me, Fixing bugs, and coding a whole new event is a lot to ask of like 5-6 people. Who do this shit essential as volunteers.

Tldr. I like the idea just not sure if it will get any traction.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

^ pvpers stick together ;)
i guess they learn this from the pvp :P

just dont think anything they say is representative of the whole population. they like to think they are, that they play the only 'real game', and they will always get their mates to dog-pile cos that's how they roll, but it's bs really, they're just the Kardashians of the server, talk big, think it's all about them, have their clique, decide what's cool. just ignore them. they're like pigs in shit really.

and it wouldn't be that hard to make at all. most of the code is already in the game, you dont have to change anything, just use it creatively.
maybe the odd tweak. it's all just rewiring things that are already there.

it'll take time, but it wont be difficult. there's no rush though really. they could even post a blog on how it's progressing, tho that's not really their style. you'd ll be bitches about it anyway...
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Arden wrote: June 8th, 2020, 10:02 pm I think you have some fair thoughts and possibly fun ideas.

No one reads anything Calvin reads. Who posts 4x long ass incoherent posts in row expecting anyone to read it.

Ideas need to be osi or balanced based from what their last 6 on sat leads me to believe. It also needs to be able feasible. To code a whole new event/concept from scratch is time consuming.

Banning afks, dealing with fuckers 😂😘 like me, Fixing bugs, and coding a whole new event is a lot to ask of like 5-6 people. Who do this shit essential as volunteers.

Arden i'm not for 1 minute saying his ideas are bad ... all i am saying is many many people including myself have given them ideas and feedback. I have played here for 5 years and i think they did 1 idea in the whole time.

The don't have the man/woman power and/or skill lvl in coding and/or time to complete any of these projects.

Having said that they have wont or cannot be arsed getting in more volunteers to help code. (Hint - Hire more coders ... problem solved)

From what i have heard they have 2 coders maybe 3 if they let MB still code.

This is why nothing changes ... i even pointed out several websites were the code was already done for events etc which are just a drag and drop into the correct server folder.

Also taking the stance of North Korea in your communication talks with the player community (i.e. not saying anything for months and trying to hide from the problems) is not going to work. There should be some better dialogue ... you only need to look at the forums to see how poor the communication is ... every post by them has nearly a year gap!!! You lucky if u get 3 posts out of them a year.

Shard Polls
Shard polls are posted here. Cast your vote!
Last post: Re: OSI Casting by Eos View the latest post
29 Jun 2019, 16:11

The last shard poll nearly 1 year ago
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not that they cant do your ideas, just your ideas are bad, or not thought through...
or there are reasons why not. or simply the cost:effect ratio is not worth it.

and it's not that they are too lazy to hire staff, they just cant trust any of you.
i mean the game you play is literally to think of sneaky ways to get the result, which is fair enough in a love and war kinda way.
but it doesn't exactly make for a great character witness. there are a lot of exceptionally devious people on UO, that's why they play it, for the freedom to win in unexpected ways.

the game is functioning fine and has been for years. only these problems have arisen in the last 1-2 years because pvm players all started to leave.. not sure why tbh... but i wouldn't be surprised if it correlates with some other events...

but radical changes are more likely to break it than fix it. i'd much rather they took their time and got it right, with people they can trust. the game itself is already self sustaining, so there's no massive rush.

imo all they really need is some advertising on retro forums and sites to repopulate the lost pvmers. then probably the old ones will come back as well :P
but there needs to be a pvm game for them when they arrive. how they make that is up to them.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Calvin wrote: June 9th, 2020, 8:30 am ^ pvpers stick together ;)

just dont think anything they say is representative of the whole population. they like to think they are, that they play the only 'real game', and they will always get their mates to dog-pile cos that's how they roll, but it's bs really, they're just the Kardashians of the server, talk big, think it's all about them, have their clique, decide what's cool. just ignore them. they're like pigs in shit really.

and it wouldn't be that hard to make at all. most of the code is already in the game, you dont have to change anything, just use it creatively.

it'll take time, but it wont be difficult. there's no rush though really. they could even post a blog on how it's progressing, tho that's not really their style. you'd ll be bitches about it anyway...
I’d like to see you write a single code...
I’ll give you something simple. Write a code out of existing runuo code that does any one of the single trash ideas you’ve suggested.

I’ll wait for it. Till you produce that. Stfu.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Centurion wrote: June 9th, 2020, 12:17 pm
Arden wrote: June 8th, 2020, 10:02 pm I think you have some fair thoughts and possibly fun ideas.

Ideas need to be osi or balanced based from what their last 6 on sat leads me to believe. It also needs to be able feasible. To code a whole new event/concept from scratch is time consuming.

Arden i'm not for 1 minute saying his ideas are bad ... all i am saying is many many people including myself have given them ideas and feedback. I have played here for 5 years and i think they did 1 idea in the whole time.

The don't have the man/woman power and/or skill lvl in coding and/or time to complete any of these projects.

Having said that they have wont or cannot be arsed getting in more volunteers to help code. (Hint - Hire more coders ... problem solved)

From what i have heard they have 2 coders maybe 3 if they let MB still code.

This is why nothing changes ... i even pointed out several websites were the code was already done for events etc which are just a drag and drop into the correct server folder.

Also taking the stance of North Korea in your communication talks with the player community (i.e. not saying anything for months and trying to hide from the problems) is not going to work. There should be some better dialogue ... you only need to look at the forums to see how poor the communication is ... every post by them has nearly a year gap!!! You lucky if u get 3 posts out of them a year.

Shard Polls
Shard polls are posted here. Cast your vote!
Last post: Re: OSI Casting by Eos View the latest post
29 Jun 2019, 16:11

The last shard poll nearly 1 year ago
Link a drag and drop event you’d like to see.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Arden wrote: June 9th, 2020, 5:31 pm
Calvin wrote: June 9th, 2020, 8:30 am ^ pvpers stick together ;)

I’d like to see you write a single code...
I’ll give you something simple. Write a code out of existing runuo code that does any one of the single trash ideas you’ve suggested.

I’ll wait for it. Till you produce that. Stfu.
i'd have to learn how it all works.. that's kinda the problem, cos you have to learn a lot to write a little, but once you know how it works you can write it all pretty easily..

i doubt they'd send me the updated files anyway.. they know what im like, i'd tell everyone too much about how stuff works :lol:

could do some stuff with what i have tho i suppose....

maybe, i'll think about it.

.... if i got a copy of runUO and just modded it... like get my own lil server that i can just repeatedly break.... paste up the code at the end... i dont see why i should tho

:lol:

make a pvm zone instead :lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if they end up making me GM tho, the first thing im gonna do is turn all your characters into unicorns.
Arden

Post by Arden »

All talk ....
Bama likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Arden i would'nt link anything to you son ... you would be in there like a tramp on chips looking for ways to exploit the code before it went live. But i did link the site to the GM's but nothing.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Centurion wrote: June 11th, 2020, 11:52 am Arden i would'nt link anything to you son ... you would be in there like a tramp on chips looking for ways to exploit the code before it went live. But i did link the site to the GM's but nothing.
Yup just like Calvin. Bunch of made up things
Bama likes this.