June Six on Saturday

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Asteria
Demise Staff Member

June Six on Saturday

Post by Asteria »

The 1st Saturday of each month a new thread will be posted and pinned for a monthly Q&A with staff. Players will have 2 weeks to post questions to staff, at the end of 2 weeks, 6 questions will be chosen for staff to answer. On the 1st Saturday of the next month, the answers will be provided in the Q&A thread for that month, the thread will be archived and a new thread for the next month will be posted and pinned.

Please limit the quantity and quality of posts. The thread will be closely monitored. Likes of posts will be considered votes for that question, but staff reserves the right to choose which questions will be answered based on quality, relevance, and importance.

May's Six on Saturday can be found here: https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =2&t=30952

Question 1: Are there any plans to rectify the unplayable ping issues as well as connectivity issues for many foreign players caused by the host migration?

We understand the frustration experienced by players who’s ping has increased since the server move. We have looked into this and see that some routes to the server are not as good as they could be. We were hoping that this was caused by increased internet traffic in general due to the current lockdown restrictions affecting many countries and would settle down in the future.
We are considering setting up a proxy server for Europe but we will need to look into things before we can give you a definitive answer as the best approach. No matter where we host the server it will always be better for some than for others.

Question 2: Can we start looking into making some niche QoL changes that are requested?

We don’t mind the principle of adding post-ML content for QoL purposes. Anything we consider will have to be looked at on a case by case basis. Although, our primary focus remains completing ML and fixing bugs.

Question 3: Is there a roadmap to continually add smallish features to the game, e.g. the Strange Contraption, Honesty Virtue and such? And would community contributions to this be thinkable, like adding code to a repo to speed things up?

We do keep a list of features, mostly missing ML features, we plan to fully implement eventually. One of these features is the strange contraption, which is already mostly done behind the scenes. Other examples include: monster stealables, missing ML quests (Cloak of Humility), a permanent Clean Up Britannia.
Community contributions are always welcome, though we’d much rather see help in the form of validation of mechanics and research rather than code submissions. The validation and verification is usually the most time consuming.

Question 4: Any intention of bringing the Glacial Cu's [Hue 1152] back into the taming system?

We are not planning to bring back the (incorrectly added) 1152 hue to normal Cu Sidhes spawning in the wild. We are, however, considering using this hue again in a limited fashion for future events.

Question 5: Will we ever see these two game changing pvp artifacts any time other than Halloweentown, or perhaps as a replacement or addition for some Felluca artifact drops, particularly the Harrower to help encourage objective based pvp as they were intended?

We do intend to keep the “game changing PvP artifacts” dropping as event items (as they were on OSI), though we have talked about other events to include them in. One such event we’re considering is a bi-monthly or otherwise periodic “special” Harrower with added incentive. We will keep you informed through Discord announcements and the Shard Events forum section!

Question 6: What are the different staff members' favorite artists? I'm going to go out on a limb and say rolling stones for Selene.

Selene: I don’t really have a favorite artist, it really does depend on my mood :)
I suppose I could give you a few that I listen to ALOT, so Green Day, Fall Out
Boy, Ed Sheeran, Guns N Roses, Queen, The Prodigy, Eminem and also any songs from my favorite Musical The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Forseti: Billy Joel, Hanson, Journey, Queen, Counting Crows, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Outkast, Coldplay, Beyonce, Foo Fighters, ABBA and alot more. Also Chicago is the best musical, don’t listen to Selene’s advice.

Eos: My favorite for a while has been Pink Floyd, though I do enjoy a wide variety of genres and artists just as well! Things like Madonna, Paramore, Kim Petras, PVRIS, Marina and the Diamonds come to mind.

Larson: So hard to pick just one. I like most music but high on my list would be Pink Floyd, Tim Minchin and Ludovico Einaudi. Although recent things I have been listening to include Billie Eilish, Jess Glynne and the music from The Greatest Showman.

Asteria: Five Finger, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, and whatever is catchy on the radio

Tetra: Billy Joel, Phil Collins, John Denver, Elton John & Lin-Manuel Miranda.
Bad Religion

Re: June Six on Saturday

Post by Bad Religion »

Currently, there is no real incentive to do champ spawns or harrowers(specifically) because 2 of the top 3 artifacts for a pvper only drop one time a year and the lack of new players makes powerscrolls ever decreasing in value. The Conjurer's Garb has almost completely replaced the Ari robe and cut it's value over in half. All the darkside pigments used on them were virtually wasted by people thinking that it would be their longterm robe option. My question is: Will we ever see these two game changing pvp artifacts any time other than Halloweentown, or perhaps as a replacement or addition for some Felluca artifact drops, particularly the Harrower to help encourage objective based pvp as they were intended?
Arden, Bad Seed and Bama like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Where does one go about officially reporting players for blatant rule violations that ruin the competition of the game like multiclient pvping?

Reporting in game simply does not work as there is not enough staff consistently online to answer pages.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Will we ever get a update for the trade window for the gold slot? There are times when people are pretty shady with their trades and people get ripped off. The gold trade feature is there, you can see it but you cant use it. It would be useful if that would be functioning and make trades easier. Can we also get custom checks please? The economy on this server is so shitty, that some times you have items that sell for more then 125mill, so you either have to trust the person or trade a house with the checks in it. Is there a way we can just make checks go up to 10mill?

Can we also get some more staff that can focus on this botting issue? It is very obvious that players dont listen to the rules and the current staff arent around enough to make a dent in the botting. Everytime I log on I constantly see people botting something, it just makes the server look bad and encourages new players to just join in.
Discord: Amish#1299
Gargl Kark and Calvin like this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Is there a roadmap to continually add smallish features to the game, e.g. the Strange Contraption, Honesty Virtue and such?
And would community contributions to this be thinkable, like adding code to a repo to speed things up?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

TLDR at the bottom.

Will we at some point in the near future see a staffing position specifically for pvp i.e. mechanics/balancing/content/reworking of pvp systems like factions/sigils?

As a good portion of demise population is the pvp community it seems important to have a staff member whom is not only knowledgeable about pvp but understands how mechanics and balancing as well as producing content for that portion of the community is important to the health and longevity of the server.

I think overall it would greatly benefit the community to have atleast 1 staff member dedicated to this side of the server so there is a voice for this portion of the population moving forward...

Now to address the elephant in the room on this topic before I get follow on comments, in the past we have had staff members whom attempted to fill this role and abused that power....I would like to propose that if we do in fact fill a role specifically for pvp among the admins that we have full transparency on if they continue to play in a pvp aspect and that they be held to an ethical standard that previous staff were not. Aka abusing said power actually receives repercussions.

TLDR: will we see a dedicated staff position in the near future explicitly for pvp content/mechanics and balancing.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

i wonder if you plan add Natural Dye, it dont afect PVP and PVM, it can make gardeners more active

https://www.uoguide.com/Natural_Dye

it just need add some looting, Silver Serpent Venom
add some crafting options for materials

https://www.uoguide.com/Staining

i remeber this black pigment was even more better then tokuno black pigment color, it can be nice see it to game xD
Gargl Kark likes this.
Forseti
Demise Staff Member [Retired]

Post by Forseti »

Please keep the ranting to a separate thread or on discord. This post is meant for constructive questions that you are curious about, not a place to rant about those curious questions.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Forseti wrote: June 11th, 2020, 3:24 pm Please keep the ranting to a separate thread or on discord. This post is meant for constructive questions that you are curious about, not a place to rant about those curious questions.
Can you clean up this thread?

What are the different staff members favorite artists? I'm going to go out on a limb and say rolling stones for Selene.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
april0395 likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

okay. Do the GMs have player characters?

and if so, how do you resolve the conflict of interests?
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

do you have any intention or thinking of add or change some RULE ? [AFKER]

just sugestion,
FRST in heardwood area, limit enter for 1 character per IP, same rule like fighting mosters

SECOND: enable players for make evident AFKER be checked [dont ban/jail other player for make BOTS get killed in tramel] [aswell when they see player in here, they need stop try kill them]
Wreakage-

Post by Wreakage- »

Any intention of bringing the Glacial Cu's [Hue 1152] back into the taming system? <3
Arden

Post by Arden »

Thank you for last months feedback. I look forward to seeing the actions/changes yall make based on what you said there.

What are your thoughts on expanding the darkside gold sink?

Knowing that you cant share too much info on any sort of gold sink, Id love to get your thoughts on expanding, changing, or even just continuing the event.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Are there any plans to rectify the unplayable ping issues as well as connectivity issues for many foreign players caused by the host migration when the server was handed over by Ryan?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Can we start looking into make some niche QoL changes that are requested. We are OSI like but better.

This is just an example.
This thread had quite a bit of support from previous and current staff as well Its not a game breaking change.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 812#p69812

The vendor mall is a QoL thing that wasn't in OSI. The lvl 6 focus in brit and vendor mall are QoL changes. They have very little impact on the game.

I'm not asking for all the changes that came to chiv to be implemented. Just a simple QoL change.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.