Bots in Doom Gauntlet

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
LouisCOV

Bots in Doom Gauntlet

Post by LouisCOV »

Almost everyone in doom gauntlet these days are bot. Why aren't they ban? They stay online all day farming afk and I don't see one gump or GM banning them.
gbolsson

Re: Bots in Doom Gauntlet

Post by gbolsson »

Print!

Lets see this bots.
LouisCOV

Post by LouisCOV »

I don't need to prove something to players. I just would like that some GM pass there at least one time per day. You must be one of them.
Xionu

Post by Xionu »

Those "bots" have the same look at you as you-- "I don't need to prove something to players"

AFK checks do happen in Gauntlet. They don't need to reply or even convince you that they're not AFK. Carry on
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

bot does exist, i know this for a fact... ... ... im not saying any names but someone i trust, told me they bought a copy of the script from someone else; not sure but i think for real money..

i dont know if it's widely available or widely used, but it does exist.

99% of players cant write scripts this complex, so i dont think it's a massive problem as long as it doesn't get circulated.

most of the people are probably not afk.. most.. probably...

there's sorta levels of afk as well.. sometimes i'll set a heal macro looping on the dark father and make a cup of tea... but that's not the same as leaving your pc running for 24 hours and coming back to collect the farm.

i've been sat at idocs with a film on as well, and had people trying to talk to me.. you do just pretend you're afk lol, cos like, you're watching a film lol.

i dunno, depends when you talk to them, people could be grinding and even if they are there not be bothered to stop and chat. other times they will be happy for the break. could just be chinese or something and have no idea what you're saying.
but it also possible they're bots and people are multiclienting it or circulated the script. dont know tbh.

rest assured tho that if/when they are caught, they are punished pretty hard.
gbolsson

Post by gbolsson »

LouisCOV wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:30 pm I don't need to prove something to players. I just would like that some GM pass there at least one time per day. You must be one of them.
No, Im not.

So please, print next time.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

gbolsson wrote: January 21st, 2021, 4:15 pm
LouisCOV wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:30 pm I don't need to prove something to players. I just would like that some GM pass there at least one time per day. You must be one of them.
No, Im not.

So please, print next time.

two posts... total... meaning new account or bot hiding his real account...hmm which seems more likely? considering you are in a thread complaining about botting... and you have a new account...I think it's more like bot hiding his real ID. Logic and common sense are your friend.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

could you imagine how many less problems the game would have if the players had proper accountability?

now you get why facebook and them do it, and why we're not allowed to be anonymous on the internet anymore. which sux, actually.
(not saying we do this at all, but imagine we did out accounts through facebook, and you had to have a verified fb account to have a demise account. would we still have all the multi-clienting, people with 30 accounts on VPNs, anonymous trolling, throw away accounts for bots, etc. no, this is why a lot of companies do it. but, facebook then becomes be the arbiter of who gets to be a person.)

there is always people that will abuse freedom. but you cant take the freedom away because of it.
there are solutions to all the problems, but the question is, is the cure worse than the illness?
the aim is not to be perfect in 1 area. the aim is to be balanced in all areas.
sacrifices have to be made in some.

dont chase perfection, chase balance.
thinkin about it, i suppose that's wisdom.

... suppose you could argue it's old people that have given up on perfection... but that's a rabbit hole.

but yeah, dude is clearly just trolling a legit concern from a new player, cos he has a vested interest. not cool, tbh.

(.... hmm maybe i should take my own advice and find a balanced girl lol)
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

there is no such thing as a balanced girl....

yes i'm gonna get alot of hate for this... but something that ringed true back in the day and i see it all day everyday in my wife and my wife's friends is george carlins description to the differences between men and women... it's funny because there is alot of truth to it lol.

that being said... balance in the game.... never gonna happen... but being a ex law enforcement officer i can tell you consitency is a huge thing... for example... we all know certain players from certain guilds are exploiting or down right breaking the rules... but you don't ever see them get punished... we all know why too.. because they are friends with the staff.. or have been on the shard forever and the staff is trying not to chase them off... aka i know one person who has bought items fror real money from another...a NO NO on demise... but it happens... and i understand the staff can not track that easily... but knowing it is happening you can use common sense that the person selling is getting the stuff he is selling by breaking the botting afk rule. the staff from my perspective is over taxed on labor hours... Most probably have real life jobs.. and can only donate so much time...so they should be policing the known area's in that time... aka heartwood.. poison eleys... doom....deamon room...because.. if they don't then players have to take matters into their owns hands.. aka luring the balron back to the deamon room or killing it so it spawn back which is in effect breaking another rules by causing the death of a player in a trammel facet... Just saying... staff needs to use the time they have to best they can.. and that is policing rule violations.. not helping so decorator with placing items in thier house...Proiritze the calls so to speak.
Adriel likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

nah you're missing my point tbh.. i mean balanced like, not too pretty, not too ugly, not too smart, not too dumb, not too slutty, not too prudish, etc. rather than looking for a perfect woman that's like super smart, and super sexy, and super etc. or one that is weighted in one area, super pretty but super dumb for example. just a nice balance.

same for the game, balance meaning like, not too strict on the rules, but not too lapse on the rules.
not too weighted for pvp, not too weighted for pvm.
not a flood of items and resources, but not a drought either.

that sorta thing.

staff can do what they want tbf.. they dont actually owe us anything, if they want to take a break they are literally entitled to it... our fun is basically playing in their fun.. pretty sure they're not actually making any money out of it; or if they do it goes back into the game.

i mean they still reap what they sow, so if the server goes bad no-one will play and it will ruin their fun as well. but that's the motivation, not obligation...

the buying items thing is such a big no no because of that really, it's cheeky more than anything for people to profiting from their work, when they aren't. there's also legal issues if money gets involved, but i dont know a lot about that.. just that it's a can of worms. that's why it's only done by donations if at all.

nothing wrong with players killing a monster and respawning it, and the bot dying.. it's fair to say you shouldn't play to grief other players, but other players doing illegal stuff shouldn't stop legit players playing the legit game.

and as for george carlin's thing on women.. eeeuugh... his generation does not massively apply these days tbh.
plus im kinda sick of people being like "oh you're a woman, it must be tough getting raped and beaten all the time". like.. what women are you meeting?
Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pmbut being a ex law enforcement officer
i bet you have 'i've seen shit' eyes :D

honestly tho, i do not live in the world of rape and woman beating... women do get hit sometimes.. but.. quite often it's not one sided.. i dunno.. it's like they believe the films of angelina jolie beating up 4 green berrets...

generally women get hit cos they start shit, but they get hit hard because they're women.. men get in fights all the frikkin time, it's hard to go on a night out and not get in a fight. men dont start shit anywhere near as much, because they appreciate you may end up getting smacked. women will start shit believing they are invulnerable, and they only really get hit when the guy has gone berzerk from the lass pushing her invulnerability beyond breaking..

im not claiming to be an authority on this. i just dont believe that being a woman automatically makes you a victim.
amd i dont believe men are automatically abusers either.

like arbitrary numbers here, but lets say you're a 100lb guy, and you start shouting at and pushing, insulting, trying to punch, etc - a 300lb guy. what would happen? a hell of a lot sooner than if it were a 100lb woman. so... where is the sexism?
just the 100lb guy knows he'll get smacked, so he doesn't start shit.
woman be like "naah, he wont do anything"

not all women, just some are assholes, same as men.

i could be wrong like, could all be the same. all men assholes, all women saintly victims. i doubt it tho.

like take that woman on death row for example; is she an asshole or is she a victim?

.... .... maybe she's an asshole because she's a victim? i dunno.

how did all like spice girls, and "girl power", sexual liberation etc; turn into "we've all been abused"?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

*frowns*

... nah he's wrong, screw that guy lol
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pm there is no such thing as a balanced girl....
A balanced girl is as rare as a balanced boy. But who the hell wants either.
The 1st time I saw my future husband was on a golf course.
I got stung by a bee
I am allergic to bee stings
He grabbed my hand and was squeezing my finger
To calm me down he started talking to me
He asked me where did it happen
I said between the 1st and 2nd hole
He said ahh that is the problem
I said what is the problem
He looked me straight in the eyes and said your legs are too far apart in your stance

The next time I saw my future husband was about 5 months later as me and 2 friends were waiting for our table
He came up beside me and looking at the game that was on the TV said You might not remember me but last summer I gave you a golf lesson
I smiled because he called it a golf lesson and said I remember you
He said touching the sleeve of my coat I didn't think you were into killing animals just to have a fur coat.
I said I'm not and this is fake fur
He said I'm against killing stuffed animals as well

And here we are almost 21 years later (I think its 21 oh crap its 22) and this last Christmas he asked me what I wanted
I told him a divorce
He said too expensive pick something else

Balanced people GTFO
Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pm being a ex law enforcement officer i can tell you consitency is a huge thing...
Are we stretching this a bit? In all of your posts you come off more like a meter maid then an officer
Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pm we all know certain players from certain guilds are exploiting or down right breaking the rules... but you don't ever see them get punished... we all know why too.. because they are friends with the staff.. or have been on the shard forever and the staff is trying not to chase them off...
I have asked you to either name them or STFU
You have done neither
Who are they?
Which guild?
Name the staff member(s)

But you don't, you just come here spewing bullshit...........
.............meter maid

Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pm ... aka i know one person who has bought items fror real money from another...a NO NO on demise... but it happens... and i understand the staff can not track that easily... but knowing it is happening you can use common sense that the person selling is getting the stuff he is selling by breaking the botting afk rule.
Here you are trying to be Columbo but all you do is write parking tickets
Staff knows
Staff was offered receipts
Player(s) still here

Excorsion wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 7:50 pm aka luring the balron back to the deamon room or killing it so it spawn back which is in effect breaking another rules by causing the death of a player in a trammel facet... Just saying...
I have told you for a couple of years and now we are spanning 2 decades
I can kill what I want to kill when I want to kill it.
Me killing a monster that someone lured away is not against the rules.

You lure a monster to another area and I can't kill it because if I do it will spawn where you are and you will/might die. So I have to let this monster hit me and or my pet but not kill it........Make that make sense that I am breaking a rule because I killed a monster....Just FUCKING Saying.........

Standing by a parking meter
When I caught a glimpse of Rita
Filling in a ticket in her little white book
In a cap she looked much older
And the bag across her shoulder
Made her look a little like a military man
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

meanwhile, the bee:

actually.. ya know bees die when they sting.. you should name your first born after the bee :D

---

call him buzz :lol:
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: January 23rd, 2021, 1:25 pm call him buzz :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That would have been a good one

Anyway Calvin you know him as El Kabong
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!