Is there a way to "zoom in"?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
camper2283

Is there a way to "zoom in"?

Post by camper2283 »

I used to play UO, probably 10 years ago now. I'm trying this out, but the game runs so small that I cannot even read the text. Is there a way to zoom in? My screen resolution is 1920x1080, as my display is a 1080p television.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
-camp
Bug

Re: Is there a way to "zoom in"?

Post by Bug »

Is your uo reslution in the gameplay window size set to 640x480 under the option menu?

Setting it to 800x600 will make it larger.

1024x768 under full screen resolution will go even bigger.
camper2283

Post by camper2283 »

I know I can set the game window to be larger and cover a larger game area, but I'd like it to make the area that I can see appear larger on the screen. I have it set to cover an 800x600 area. I don't want to play full screen though, as I like to multi-task :)
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

unfortunately i have similar problem and still haven't found a way... since i bought a new laptop with higher resolution.. i see things from quite far... good thing is you see a lot more then others.. might be helpful in pvp :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
Brad

Post by Brad »

EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

camper2283 wrote:I used to play UO, probably 10 years ago now. I'm trying this out, but the game runs so small that I cannot even read the text. Is there a way to zoom in? My screen resolution is 1920x1080, as my display is a 1080p television.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
-camp
As far as I can tell. No
As far as computer goes. Possible.
Would that make you seen as a cheater by server ? Unlikly, unless screen was so big that you would see things you couldnt target by the use of <next target> and so fort.

Regardless, if you actualy found a way to do this in the futur. I would gladly take it! (So would half the forum imo).
camper2283

Post by camper2283 »

I tried Razor, and that zoomed the game window in enough that I can read the text and play the game now. Not sure how/why it does, I haven't seen any option that indicates it does so. But, a solution is a solution I suppose.
Haswell

Post by Haswell »

Changing the game window size higher than client's default values is possible using assistants such as Razor and UOS (UOS requires you to be logged out in order to enable editing size fields)

If you are experiencing issues like "texts are too small", etc... you can try a few solutions (Workaround section) presented here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... pi-devices
EnEffetGile wrote: Would that make you seen as a cheater by server ? Unlikly, unless screen was so big that you would see things you couldnt target by the use of <next target> and so fort.
the server will not let you know of any data - such as mobiles and items - that is too far away