Pets casting Invis

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Maligant

Pets casting Invis

Post by Maligant »

So.... Magic pets invising themselves. Is this a bug or a feature? ;)
april0395

Re: Pets casting Invis

Post by april0395 »

It was a change several years ago as part of a change in AI, I think. Been a while, but has been very annoying since then. :P
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Loler

Post by Loler »

its not supposed to be like this but is. the gms know about it but i dont think they planned on changing back.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

If you really hate it. Just tame Greater dragon, kill it untill it has 0 magery and train him after. He wont be able to cast it.
Russ4ua

Post by Russ4ua »

I quit doing Trav until my Cu bonds. Dragon kept dumping aggro on me. Eneff, won't his other skills be shit too?
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

Russ4ua wrote: Eneff, won't his other skills be shit too?
That is why you train him after he died so much. the only use of a Gdradon is to tank. If he invis, it defeat all his purpose.

Another interesting use that I learned from MB guides.

'All stay' make him do nothing. It's a good alternative.

Lure monsters with precast invis, say 'all stay', click yourself and once aggro on GD. Just kill everything. He wont invis because he wont even do anything in 'all stay'.
Russ4ua likes this.
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

So you're saying that if I drop my pets magery to 0, and then train it up again to its normal level, it won't cast Invis anymore?
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Maligant wrote:So you're saying that if I drop my pets magery to 0, and then train it up again to its normal level, it won't cast Invis anymore?
You really shouldn't be able to train a dragon up to it's original level if it drops low. Dragons don't cast circle 8 spells in order to effectively train.

That's my understanding.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

Maligant wrote:So you're saying that if I drop my pets magery to 0, and then train it up again to its normal level, it won't cast Invis anymore?
No

Im saying that if you kill it untill it reach 0. It wont cast spells. So you can train back his other skills to put him to full use. Careful tho! that also mean he wont cure/bless himself.
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

Ahh. Thanks for the clarification :)
EnEffetGile

Post by EnEffetGile »

Just a little addition to prevent mistake I seen happen in the past.

If you lower it enough to not cast invis and still cure/bless. You will end up with a pet that train back his magery to cast invis again. Meaning you would be stuck in a loop of killing your greater/training again. Stating the obvious, but thats actualy bad and a waste of time. :)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

At the time it was researched it was correct for pet to invis which it wasn't doing at that time, but there are still a lot of ai issues that need fixed such as this one where they don't invis as often.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."