Hourly Lag spike

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
TheBeef

Hourly Lag spike

Post by TheBeef »

About every 45-90 minutes, I get an incredible lag spike. It usually results in a client restart, death, rez, and after a few minutes, it clears. I happens with razor, it happens with UOS. Anyone else have this issue? Any possible fixes?
Amish Hammer likes this.
House

Re: Hourly Lag spike

Post by House »

I use razor and get it as well, when the lag finishes and I catch-up with the server I'm sometimes in sticky situations.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

I havent been getting the lag spikes, but randomly like once every hour ill just freeze in place for like 20 seconds.
Discord: Amish#1299
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

Amish Hammer wrote:I havent been getting the lag spikes, but randomly like once every hour ill just freeze in place for like 20 seconds.
HA!
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

currently trying to do gaunt. getting kicked out and can't get back in for several minutes. rinse/repeat.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

That happens when u have a 2 chained servers and a lot of load on one, and your loginserver tries to move conections. Correct me if im wrong.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

yea, aswell getting disconect for 1min after can again join... but i think in my case is problem wifii conection :), server running good, only if ping and delay is a bit lower can be perfect
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

The previous three nights, I have a lag out issue every 45 minutes. Lag so bad I can't even get to a safe place before I have to restart the whole computer. Tonight, I had none. Not even a touch of lag at any point. I have no idea how to address the issue.
suiris

Post by suiris »

The very fact that when you restart your computer the problem is fixed (temporary) indicates that the issue is on your side. I generally recommend against using razor as an assistant.
When i was using Razor on windows higher than XP my UO client kept freezing in unresponsive state, and to fix it i had to manually re-sync client from razor.
First of all you should check your machine for malware, if it comes clean try to check your internet when you experience lag, are you able to browse other sites at that time? Are you able to ping demise?
Are you able to resolve it (nslookup)?
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

I don't believe there is a malware issue, but I am using Windows 10 and it may be an issue with Razor coming un-synched from the client. Last night I used UOS all night with no lag, however, the night before I used UOS half the night and had lag. There may be multiple issues.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

There is a resynch hotkey you can use.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

Last night I ran a bit of a test. I logged on with my normal laptop and played like I usually would using UOS. I then logged into a second account using Razor on an old laptop and hide that toon near where I was farming. After an hour or so, the modern laptop had the freeze issue I have been complaining about while the old laptop experienced no lag whatsoever. That tells me that something local on my laptop is an issue. I am running Windows 10. Any suggestions on what could bog me down like this?
suiris

Post by suiris »

I've read somewhere people with similar issues on Win10 fixed them by forcin UOS to start as administrator, also you can try changing compatibility settings.Both options are on the same place, right click on UOS icon and choose properties.
ahkt87 likes this.
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

Changing compatibility settings and running the program as an administrator has not solved the issue.
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

I believe I may have solved the issue. I changed the virtual memory settings on my laptop to remove the cap set in Windows and allow the system to manage virtual memory on its own. I went a full night without lag after. I know others have had this issue, perhaps this is a fix for others as well.