Demise Morning News: Burning Desires

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
DemiseMorningNews

Demise Morning News: Burning Desires

Post by DemiseMorningNews »

Fiest of all, let us introduce ourselves; We are Demise Morning News, a new and developing news publication powered by the Players, for the Players.

We intend on touching base on the burning topics in everyone's mind, asking the hard to ask questions, and trying to get them answered.
We will maintain an opinion-neutral form; vocalizing both Players' concerns/opinions as well as Staff's concerns/opinions (should they choose to participate).

We will attempt to illicit interviews out of relavent Staff members, should the situation arise.

Our first question is: What topics matter to the Player-Base? Updates? The elusive CUB Event? PvP? Bugs? Events?
Note: Demise Morning News is NOT associated with or apart of Demise Staff/Demise News Network/etc!

We are a player-run organization intent on asking the difficult questions, seeking the real answers, and giving the player-base a reliable news source.
Tempest

Re: Demise Morning News: Burning Desires

Post by Tempest »

Healthcare.

To many Demisians begging on the street corners of luna.

Shit's getting expensive guys, I can barely afford to eat.

Alvin, where are you when we are in need?
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
DemiseMorningNews

Let's try to keep this as real as possible.

We wanna know what the Players have on their mind.
How do you feel about this or that.
Note: Demise Morning News is NOT associated with or apart of Demise Staff/Demise News Network/etc!

We are a player-run organization intent on asking the difficult questions, seeking the real answers, and giving the player-base a reliable news source.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

When they gonna fix trap boxes to work like osi.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Stories. Bring us good stories;].
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

what's the plan to keep the population stable and attract junior players?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
DemiseMorningNews

Very good topics everyone!

@Vander
Have you tested the trapped boxes on OSI?
@Alvin
What sorts of stories are you interested in?
@GarglKark
Great question! Let us do a little investigative reporting and we'll get back to you.

Tempest

Post by Tempest »

If you're really reporting for "DemiseMorningNews", you'll look into many of the Hz-Conspiracies and report on that shit.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

DemiseMorningNews wrote:Very good topics everyone!

@Vander
@Alvin
@GarglKark

Great question! Let us do a little investigative reporting and we'll get back to you.
Have you tested the trapped boxes on OSI? Yes its a different system than here, and you dont randomly get hit for 60 damage :D

I would be interested in the history of demise from the eyes of other players, I like to listen to alvin's/indika's stories when they grace me with their presence.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
DemiseMorningNews

Tempest wrote:If you're really reporting for "DemiseMorningNews", you'll look into many of the Hz-Conspiracies and report on that shit.
We're interested in what the Players are interested in!
Can you give me specific examples?

DemiseMorningNews

Maloskies wrote: Have you tested the trapped boxes on OSI? Yes its a different system than here, and you dont randomly get hit for 60 damage :D

I would be interested in the history of demise from the eyes of other players, I like to listen to alvin's/indika's stories when they grace me with their presence.
We have not personally tested them on OSI, but we will look into them.

We're interested in getting the Players' view on things, events, economy, quests, everything.
When you say you'd be interested in the history of Demise, what sort of angle are you looking for? The Shard as a whole? The PvP side of things? The "lore" and RP side?

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Basicly if u use minimal skill to trap a crate it will do minimal damage and it stays trap, most serious pvpers carry a trap crate on them to avoid para/omen ganking. On demise even when trapped with minimal skill the box does massive amounts of damage and doesnt stay trapped. It looks like someone in control of the shard forced their idea of pvp on everyone by messing up how trap crates work. Thus allowing omen/para ganking to reign king with no reasonable counter balance.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I have an idea about epic pvm event + gold sink. Can I post it here? :coffee:
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

DemiseMorningNews wrote:Very good topics everyone!

@Vander
@Alvin
@GarglKark
I like UO-like stories... for example... I met a player called Beth the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eKWnlMTJwo

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... bag#p36621
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Vander Nars wrote:Basicly if u use minimal skill to trap a crate it will do minimal damage and it stays trap, most serious pvpers carry a trap crate on them to avoid para/omen ganking. On demise even when trapped with minimal skill the box does massive amounts of damage and doesnt stay trapped. It looks like someone in control of the shard forced their idea of pvp on everyone by messing up how trap crates work. Thus allowing omen/para ganking to reign king with no reasonable counter balance.
Infinite use, low damaging trap boxes sounds like a bad idea and would completely eliminate paralyze specials and eo/para combos. It takes minimal skill to re-arm a trap pouch, I even carry trap scrolls on my dexxer and some dexxers even go as far as to drinking a lesser poison potion to break omen paras. If that is implemented all you will see is a lot more dismounting, and I'm sure you would love that?...