Time to Expand Demise?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: Time to Expand Demise?

Post by Vander Nars »

Shopping only inside luna walls is not possible and I have no issue with the vendor mall. Im just sick of seeing empty luna wall houses owned by people who dont play.
Legacy and Veteran Noobie like this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote:Shopping only inside luna walls is not possible and I have no issue with the vendor mall. Im just sick of seeing empty luna wall houses owned by people who dont play.
Unfortunately, it's kinda rude to expel some house owner just because they are often away from their homes.

They paid their bills, and are allowed to keep their houses forever.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:Shopping only inside luna walls is not possible and I have no issue with the vendor mall. Im just sick of seeing empty luna wall houses owned by people who dont play.
Unfortunately, it's kinda rude to expel some house owner just because they are often away from their homes.

This is not real life and making an account is free so pretending that taking a uo house from someone is like making them homeless irl is silly.

Houses around luna wall and the vendor mall perma gates should be reserved for people that are gonna help demise economy by maintaining vendors with desirable items.

This is just how I feel and I dont really care about wrong or right of the player as imo the good of the shard having access to good vendors out weighs the "rights" of the players virtual items.
Legacy likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Made In Quebec wrote:

May ironman rip...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:

This is not real life and making an account is free so pretending that taking a uo house from someone is like making them homeless irl is silly.

Houses around luna wall and the vendor mall perma gates should be reserved for people that are gonna help demise economy by maintaining vendors with desirable items.

This is just how I feel and I dont really care about wrong or right of the player as imo the good of the shard having access to good vendors out weighs the "rights" of the players virtual items.

I agree with this, but i suppose once you already own enough items and gold grows on trees for you, its wise to buy a piece of property and let it sit there naked, works as a good trading tool later on or something?
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Veteran Noobie wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote: Unfortunately, it's kinda rude to expel some house owner just because they are often away from their homes.

I agree with this, but i suppose once you already own enough items and gold grows on trees for you, its wise to buy a piece of property and let it sit there naked, works as a good trading tool later on or something?
But who are we to judge who the people owning these houses are?

Who are we to tell them that they are wasting precious valuable?

What do we know of their real life, which most likely have engagement far greater than ensuring the usage of a digital house in a digital world?

See where I'm going with this?

Matter of fact, is that at the end of the day, it's really not a big deal about.

People make fuss about unused Luna Houses, but I think it's all driven by greed. It's just because you want it.

Why does Luna houses HAS to be vendor houses? why do they have to be used? We have the area where active people gate to their vendors, so there, in an instant, you technically have access to most of the actives vendor houses.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Veteran Noobie wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: This is not real life and making an account is free so pretending that taking a uo house from someone is like making them homeless irl is silly.

But who are we to judge who the people owning these houses are?

Who are we to tell them that they are wasting precious valuable?

What do we know of their real life, which most likely have engagement far greater than ensuring the usage of a digital house in a digital world?

See where I'm going with this?

Matter of fact, is that at the end of the day, it's really not a big deal about.

People make fuss about unused Luna Houses, but I think it's all driven by greed. It's just because you want it.

Why does Luna houses HAS to be vendor houses? why do they have to be used? We have the area where active people gate to their vendors, so there, in an instant, you technically have access to most of the actives vendor houses.
Most of your reply was focused to veteran so im not gonna reply to that part but the part about people making a fuss are driven by greed is not true for everyone, Its not greed that makes me feel this way. I want to see an productive and growing economy where all players have equal access to items they need and in my opinion certain things should be reserved for the people who would make that a reality. I wouldn't be getting a luna house and as far as I know nobody in my guild wants to run a vendor house so they wouldn't get a house either, so the idea we are all just a bunch a greedy assholes trying to take other players stuff is just not true.
Legacy likes this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

"Vendor Mall"
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Anthony File wrote:"Vendor Mall"
is a great idea but sucks when considering that not everyone is gonna make and maintain and secondary account running on a secondary computer keeping up a gate 24/7. Luna wall vendors dont require a gate to visit, so if I decide to return to the vendor its easy to find. The same cant be said about vendor mall vendors if the gate is down and Im having to guess where the vendor is.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

not all of us are capable of playing unattended, and considering this is a international server, its hard to gate during everybody's "prime time"
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Jackie Moon

Post by Jackie Moon »

Its easy to gate 24/7
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote: Most of your reply was focused to veteran so im not gonna reply to that part but the part about people making a fuss are driven by greed is not true for everyone, Its not greed that makes me feel this way. I want to see an productive and growing economy where all players have equal access to items they need and in my opinion certain things should be reserved for the people who would make that a reality. I wouldn't be getting a luna house and as far as I know nobody in my guild wants to run a vendor house so they wouldn't get a house either, so the idea we are all just a bunch a greedy assholes trying to take other players stuff is just not true.
I would like to highlight the fact that I never used the word "asshole" and in no way do I consider anyone to be one in that regard.

Reserving specefic location to specefic players opens the door for corruption wide open, and would mean that staff would have to waste their precious, scarce time, trying to validate if the people whom are using those reserved location are using them appropriately.

It basically sounds like such a huge pain in the ass, and the chances of success of having a "Luna Walls area" that you consider good, are slim to none, thus why I am mostly against it.
Vander Nars wrote:
is a great idea but sucks when considering that not everyone is gonna make and maintain and secondary account running on a secondary computer keeping up a gate 24/7. Luna wall vendors dont require a gate to visit, so if I decide to return to the vendor its easy to find. The same cant be said about vendor mall vendors if the gate is down and Im having to guess where the vendor is.
I don't want to question your ability in Ultima Online, but for 15 gp you get get an unmarked rune, and there is a spell in the magery book that's called "Mark". Allows you to mark the location of vendors you feel provide decent goods for your needs, so that you don't actually have to look for it, or guess where it is...

But I'm sure I didn't have to say this, you most likely are already aware of it, but it those make your point null and void.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Years ago when the old staff were disscussing changes to the time after which houses go idoc I proposed to put a tax on luna houses. If the tax was high only active people that owned vendors and were making money would stay in-walls.

Imagin paying 1kk for a small house and 3kk for a big one every 3 days. Within 1 year time 75% of luna houses would change hands, price for such houses would drop from 300 kk to 50 kk... or maybe even some spots would be left unoccupied ? The houses left would be owned by active players who own vendor shops.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Alvin wrote:words
It would be a good gold sink that's for sure, but I disagree with it. When you realize that the owner of the most used Luna house isn't an active player and that the vendors on said house are mostly empty, yet still there, it blows this active player vendor house idea out of the water.
Made In Quebec wrote:runes
My thoughts exactly.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: Most of your reply was focused to veteran so im not gonna reply to that part but the part about people making a fuss are driven by greed is not true for everyone, Its not greed that makes me feel this way. I want to see an productive and growing economy where all players have equal access to items they need and in my opinion certain things should be reserved for the people who would make that a reality. I wouldn't be getting a luna house and as far as I know nobody in my guild wants to run a vendor house so they wouldn't get a house either, so the idea we are all just a bunch a greedy assholes trying to take other players stuff is just not true.
I would like to highlight the fact that I never used the word "asshole" and in no way do I consider anyone to be one in that regard.

Reserving specefic location to specefic players opens the door for corruption wide open, and would mean that staff would have to waste their precious, scarce time, trying to validate if the people whom are using those reserved location are using them appropriately.

It basically sounds like such a huge pain in the ass, and the chances of success of having a "Luna Walls area" that you consider good, are slim to none, thus why I am mostly against it.
Vander Nars wrote:
I don't want to question your ability in Ultima Online, but for 15 gp you get get an unmarked rune, and there is a spell in the magery book that's called "Mark". Allows you to mark the location of vendors you feel provide decent goods for your needs, so that you don't actually have to look for it, or guess where it is...

But I'm sure I didn't have to say this, you most likely are already aware of it, but it those make your point null and void.
I dont always have a rune on me and Im not always on a char with magery.