Halloween 2018 (Act 1)

Shard events, festivals and ongoing quests will be posted here.
Calvin

Re: Halloween 2018 (Act 1)

Post by Calvin »

Veteran Noobie wrote:
Calvin wrote:place ur bets, is Halloween Town going to be:

great drops for the first week, then terrible on the second?
or terrible drops on the first week then great in the second?

cos they always look halfway and adjust it :P

Are you ever satisfied? You're playing a free server on a 20 year old video game...
im not complaining? it's just an observation. they're right to adjust it.
it's impossible to tell how the drops will be until some has been played.

and i am constantly simultaneously satisfied, and never satisfied. depending on where you draw the line. ie. my life is always permanently awesome, and permanently shit. depending on your standards of awesome and shit.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

pretty retarded to drop garb and not trinket
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

but maybe they will drop trinket second week, that would be cool
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Can we have pvp for pvp rewards this 2019 HTown!?

Proposal:
Faction like system where currency is given based on kills. Make it bannable to farm them using alts or other players [must be competitive kills and unique within a certain time frame(res kills don't count.)] The currency is then used to buy rewards from a vendor [for randomness tickets(lower currency price and higher reward chance.)]

If an objective is required make controlling the "pvp" area give a x2 currency per kill buff.

Also give the better item on pvp side like you did with trinket the first year it dropped.

#MakePvPSidePvP
#SayNoToPvMOnPvPSide
#MakeHTownPvPGreatAgain
#LessPvMMorePvP2019
#GimmeLessBots2019
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:35 pm Can we have pvp for pvp rewards this 2019 HTown!?

Proposal:
Faction like system where currency is given based on kills. Make it bannable to farm them using alts or other players [must be competitive kills and unique within a certain time frame(res kills don't count.)] The currency is then used to buy rewards from a vendor [for randomness tickets(lower currency price and higher reward chance.)]

If an objective is required make controlling the "pvp" area give a x2 currency per kill buff.

Also give the better item on pvp side like you did with trinket the first year it dropped.

#MakePvPSidePvP
#SayNoToPvMOnPvPSide
#MakeHTownPvPGreatAgain
#LessPvMMorePvP2019
#GimmeLessBots2019
As a pvper. I do not support this non-players suggestion.
Bad Religion likes this.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:00 pm
You want to PvM? Ok...
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:17 pm
You want to PvM? Ok...
I just don’t like your suggestion. Or whoever’s ideas you are are stealing.
I also think the coding would be substantial. Honestly I’d be happy with just making the pvp area work exactly like current doom. Any boss can drop the item. And point based. Easy to code and encourages pvp bc the more pvper the more mobs the more chance.

You should have to do some pvm to get items imo. I want to fight for the right to do the area. Just like Harry, spawns, etc.

I really would appreciate if you stayed out/away from anything pvp related. You just don’t do it. So stop trying to pretend you do.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:35 pm
You want to PvM? Ok...
I also think the coding would be substantial. Honestly I’d be happy with just making the pvp area work exactly like current doom. Any boss can drop the item. And point based. Easy to code and encourages pvp bc the more pvper the more mobs the more chance.

You should have to do some pvm to get items imo. I want to fight for the right to do the area. Just like Harry, spawns, etc.

I really would appreciate if you stayed out/away from anything pvp related. You just don’t do it. So stop trying to pretend you do.
I will continue to push suggestions for PvP in PvP area's and PvM in PvM area's. The ideas come from factions, wow battlegrounds, and VvV city buffs. All actual PvP content. Please continue pushing PvM though. You probably would rather join File doing PvM than actually PvP.
Selling List & Vendor

Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

its a pvm based event with alittle pvp thrown in so everyone can be happy. they should focus more on the bots that are at every boss. I still think my suggestion from last year would be best. give the bosses more hp, a more frequent spawn time, and less of a chance to drop an item. That way if you miss it, you dont need to wait another 5 hours for it to spawn again. And the ones that are botting it just have less of a chance. or just go over kill and make it so only one account on per ip can enter the area at a time.
Discord: Amish#1299
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Arden wrote: September 4th, 2019, 5:35 pm

You want to PvM? Ok...

I will continue to push suggestions for PvP in PvP area's and PvM in PvM area's. The ideas come from factions, wow battlegrounds, and VvV city buffs. All actual PvP content. Please continue pushing PvM though. You probably would rather join File doing PvM than actually PvP.
I imagine I speak for most pvpers. We can do without your ideas and suggestions.

:)

You don’t see me trying to make t-map suggestions and telling Amish he had no clue
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Arden wrote: September 4th, 2019, 9:12 pm

You don’t see me trying to make t-map suggestions and telling Amish he had no clue
I dont really have a clue though, not enough experience doing them, i just looked up on uoguide and through some common sense into it to make it profitable for everyone, not just pvm players. :) But recently osi revamped the whole tmap system again and its pretty insane.
Discord: Amish#1299
The Silvertiger

I imagine I speak for most pvpers. We can do without your ideas and suggestions.

Yeah, the difference is I have actually pvp'd and am interested in it. I also don't care what you can do with or without. You don't like my suggestions continue doing what you're doing. Don't want to see my suggestions there's a block button for that. Good day!
Selling List & Vendor

Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 4th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Yeah, the difference is I have actually pvp'd and am interested in it. I also don't care what you can do with or without. You don't like my suggestions continue doing what you're doing. Don't want to see my suggestions there's a block button for that. Good day!
I recall you begging Zulu to let you come down to h town 2 years ago so you could kill the boss... have you even killed the boss or been to the htown area? I’d love too evidence of this.

That is my point. You’re giving suggestions on an area you haven’t stepped foot in other than as a ghost.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: September 5th, 2019, 12:30 am

I recall you begging Zulu to let you come down to h town 2 years ago so you could kill the boss... have you even killed the boss or been to the htown area? I’d love too evidence of this.

That is my point. You’re giving suggestions on an area you haven’t stepped foot in other than as a ghost.
I didn't beg zulu. I posted a list of HTown items I wanted to do in general discussion on this forum. Zulu post in that thread and said come do this PvP boss with us. Last year I asked Vander. Once. I also cross healed CHN to victory vs Hz last year. Get off your couch watching Netflix every now and then and you might know something.
Selling List & Vendor

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I already gave the most ideal solution to both pvp area and pvm area right after the event ended last year:

pvp area-doom point system. incentivize people to work the rooms and not just wait for the final boss to be almost dead to come down and fight.

pvm bosses- make them hard enough so they cant be afked like freddy kruger was when they added him. soley increasing hp like amish suggested does nothing.

silvertiger's suggestion is asking way too much from staff and kills do not necessarily equate to success in pvp, holding and killing the objectives does.