Days Of Gold!!

Shard events, festivals and ongoing quests will be posted here.
Josh

Re: Days Of Gold!!

Post by Josh »

Swizzle has killed many of both, got 1 ticket, 2 heritage tokens, so it's possible.
Lomita

Post by Lomita »

Can someone tell me how strong legion is,can i do it alone with a gm swordman ?
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
Arden

Post by Arden »

Lomita wrote:Can someone tell me how strong legion is,can i do it alone with a gm swordman ?
prob not...bushido archer or really any archer prob easy

I was able to do it on my macer samp but in a full suit.

Necro tamer prob can do it too - with G dragon and usse poison strike
Lomita likes this.
ParagonDancer

Post by ParagonDancer »

Arden wrote:
Lomita wrote:Can someone tell me how strong legion is,can i do it alone with a gm swordman ?
prob not...bushido archer or really any archer prob easy

I was able to do it on my macer samp but in a full suit.

Necro tamer prob can do it too - with G dragon and usse poison strike
I had some trouble wiht my Necro Tamer. 4/6 casting suit w/spellweaving. But only because the stupid thing kept flagging my character and stopped fighting the dragon, and the dragon doesn't do a whole lot of damage. Being on foot doesn't help because it hits hard if it catches you.
eby#4526 on discord.
Lomita likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Selene wrote:[center]DAYS OF GOLD[/center]
5th - 19th July 2019

Demise will be running a “Days of Gold” event from 5th - 19th of July. Ilshenar and it’s paragons will be featuring a few special treats for you all to enjoy:
  • All paragons will have 10% more fame (this also increases the drop rate of minor artifacts).
    Any paragon will have a chance to drop a scratch card.
    A special paragon only monster “Legion” will be appearing randomly in Ilshenar.
    If you are lucky, killing Legion may reward you with a heritage token too!
As a side note you may need to update your client in order to see “Legion”.
Head out to Ilshenar and happy hunting from the Demise team.
Pretty cool, creative event so far.

Some reviews...hopefully youre willing to make some changes before you end the event!!

First off the scratch cards - Ill be honest, I just now read the message about the 10% increased fame, which helps my issue a little bit but I feel like not enough. Ill explain:

Ill use demons, balrons and wisps to show the varying options for a farmer.

I will assume most people can manage pretty easily 1200 luck on a tamer/mage and easily 2000 on a sampire with bushido. Your chance of getting an arty drop assuming your 10% increase on the 3 mobs are:

Mob - 1200 Luck - 2000 Luck
Balron - 12.5% - 17.5%
Daemon- 6% - 8.3%
Wisp - 2.4% - 3.4%

Now, I AM ASSUMING HERE, that you just added scratchers to the paragon arty list. Allowing any paragon to pull form that list in the event an arty is spawned. Its the easiest to code, and based on the info I have from my guild, no one player has gotten an scratched AND an arty form the same mob. We have had 2 players get drops from the same paragon (which is normal and osi accurate).

So there are 23 paragon arties from mobs + 1 scratcher so 1/24 chance (4.2%) to get the scratcher.

To bring it all together:

Chance to get a scratcher
Mob - 1200 Luck - 2000 Luck
Balron - 0.52% - 0.73%
Daemon- 0.25% - 0.35%
Wisp - 0.1% - 0.14%

AND now add in the fact that you get a paragon 1/10**** spawns AND your scratch card chance (im guessing here based on spending about 1kkk gold last gold sink) about 1% to get a winning scratcher.

TL;DR - chance of a winning scratcher from a paragon is basically next to nothing. Even if my math is off slightly due to demise code being updated (paragon arty drop increased), we need to adjust this slightly.

MY suggestion would be one of the following:
1) Make scratchers 100% drop on all paragons (you need to kill 100 paragons to get winner assuming 1/100 chance)
2) Leave the scratcher drop the same but change it to a winning scratcher not an unscratched

Thoughts???

As for the Legion. I think its perfect. Drop is worth it, easy to find. Does enough dmg to matter, but not super strong that a new player could manage it. IMO make it a perm mob in ilsh. And find a way to add it to fel, maybe take off the heritage though and add something cursed. Not artifacts, maybe a cursed 1 charge darkside or something. I dunno, either way kudos there good mob

***EDIT - IT GETS WORSE!!! Silver had me check paragon chance and its also based on fame...to give you more info:
Chance for paragon
Balron -8.5%
Daemon-6.37%
Wisp - 5.41%
Last edited by Arden on July 9th, 2019, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

The Silvertiger wrote:79 Para Demons for sure. Several Para Balrons including one lured on me by Void Walker[ZS]. One para succubus. Several Para Bloods. 0 scratchers. 0 Legions seen.

I wanted to hit 100 demons, but my weapon said it would break before that happened.
Always keep few PoF's with you :)
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Arden wrote:As expected on Demise...
Everyone afks everything.

But hey least the event got players on and it’s a cool idea. Imo it’s a great test for adding items to champs/spawns in fel.

Ps- we all know The msby guys are fed information from the staff. Just get over it.
I love how literally all but maybe 2 msby players haven't been on in a month or 2 (including myself) and we still get pulled into yalls conspiracies lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Arden

Post by Arden »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:

But hey least the event got players on and it’s a cool idea. Imo it’s a great test for adding items to champs/spawns in fel.

Ps- we all know The msby guys are fed information from the staff. Just get over it.
I love how literally all but maybe 2 msby players haven't been on in a month or 2 (including myself) and we still get pulled into yalls conspiracies lol
Nothing to conspire....all of the truth is posted on Jays discord
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Arden wrote:
TheUnknown0617 wrote:

Nothing to conspire....all of the truth is posted on Jays discord
One of those "you see that article on facebook" type of people lol my main point was none of us play anymore and yall cant seem to let us go even though pretty much every main pvp guild had a gm according to Jay lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

TheUnknown0617 wrote: even though pretty much every main pvp guild had a gm according to Jay lol
If that was what Jay said msby never would have been included. Only main pvp guild implicated was hz. SHS isn't a pvp guild.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 12th, 2019, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

Can y’all comment on my suggestions ?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Does it matter? What's going to be will be. discussion gets very little done here. However if you want to rant about it you could possibly get something done.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:Does it matter? What's going to be will be. discussion gets very little done here. However if you want to rant about it you could possibly get something done.
Then please rant about it...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote:
Loler wrote:Does it matter? What's going to be will be. discussion gets very little done here. However if you want to rant about it you could possibly get something done.
Then please rant about it...
I think he meant if you rant about it. He's been ranting about monsters fleeing for a few years. Staff have yet to fix it. You think he should go to every forum and post #fixfleeing?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Larson
Demise Administrator

Post by Larson »

It's been interesting to read some of the feedback posted here, but it looks like I need to break my response down into two parts.

The days of gold event:
We have decided to start doing more events like this one on a more regular basis. These types of events will be aimed at a particular play-style or at an existing system. Because they are what we call a "background event" there will be no special arrangement made to make your participation easier. In this case if you can't get to Ilshenar and kill a paragon then you won't be able to participate. I know this may be awkward if you mainly play red characters but there will be plenty more events in the future which will suit your needs more than others.

We are pleased to hear that Legion is difficult but not too much so, as we want these events to be accessible to veteran and newer players alike.The drop rate was always intended to be low for these types of events but not impossible. All we we hoping for was to revitalise an area of game-play that has been more interesting in the past, in this case hunting paragons. We will talk about tweaking the drop rates for the scratch cards before server wars as we hear what you are saying about the odds to drop combined with the odds of a successful scratch.

Discussions about staff past and present.
When someone becomes a member of the staff team we obviously value what they have to offer us, and we get to know each other quite well. Therefore it is always a very difficult decision to make about removing a staff member from the team. In the most recent case we had to remove 2 members of staff, Tycho and Styx. Despite rumours saying otherwise John was not removed and chose to retire. We will not be discussing why we felt we had to remove these members of staff but there was never any malice on our part, and with the offer of being able to remain on their player accounts given to them as usual.

Rumours and conspiracies do nothing good for anyone. They lead to mistrust and division in the community and are bad for staff morale too. This will be the last thing that is posted about this situation by anyone on these forums. Any further posts will be moderated and the user removed if necessary. If however you have a genuine concern about a staff members behaviour you can always try to contact Either myself, Eos or Selene privately.

We hope those of you taking part enjoy week 2 of the event.
Larson
UOGDemise - Admin

Please do not PM me for support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.