A Poor Harvest

Shard events, festivals and ongoing quests will be posted here.
Demise News Network

A Poor Harvest

Post by Demise News Network »

This story line was started some time ago when we had the old forums. We were hoping that the old forums would return but as yet we have no news on that, so have decided to try and continue with this story with what we have. We were fortunate enough to grab a large amount from the web archives when the old forums went down and some players have sent us any images they had previously posted. Any gaps have been filled in by us to best of our memory and from any notes we have.

The story begins below.......
Demise News Network

Re: A Poor Harvest

april0395 wrote:
Is there something going on that I'm unaware of? The lantern is yellow in Brit castle and I saw some people that I don't think were there previously.

I noticed first Elliot the Stablemaster, but I didn't know what to say to him to get him to talk, so I ran around to see if there were any other new NPCs and saw Trikk in the library. key words are "Trikk", "busy", and "aid"
So I ran back to Elliot blabbing out some of the words that Trikk said and the only two I got to work were "Knowledgeable" and "Gideon". I think these guys usually have 3 phrases, so I'm probably missing one? Or maybe I'm visiting these people way out of order..

I ran to the castle to see if Gideon was there, but talked to the Captain of the Guard. Keywords I found were "knowledgeable" and "library". Again, probably a third keyword there, but I don't know it.
I ran around heartwood looking for another quest giver since Trikk was talking about a dire situation for his people, the elves. Maybe he's talking about the HW quest train going on, ruining the Elven economy, lawl. Anyway, I didn't see anything out of Demise's ordinary there.
quest - cptn of guard.jpg
quest - cptn of guard.jpg (106.08 KiB) Viewed 9793 times
april poor harvest 1.jpg
april poor harvest 1.jpg (279.01 KiB) Viewed 9856 times
Demise News Network

april0395 wrote:
Found a head waiter in Brit that was a little more useful than the others. He talked about a scholar or scribe, and I thought I remembered one from the last quest, so I had to dig up the old thread to find his name. keywords: knowledgeable, sanders, home
april poor harvest 3.jpg
april poor harvest 3.jpg (153.04 KiB) Viewed 9853 times
So Otim and I roamed around for two days until I accidentally stumbled upon Sanders when I was running between the Lycaeum and Moonglow.
keywords: Sanders, daughter
april poor harvest 4.jpg
april poor harvest 4.jpg (175.88 KiB) Viewed 9851 times
So, downstairs, I talked to his daughter, Lexa
Keywords: Lexa, assist, Trikk
april poor harvest 5.jpg
april poor harvest 5.jpg (135.76 KiB) Viewed 9851 times
Went back to Trikk in the library and new keywords are "Lexa" and "Moonglow". He says he will now make arrangements to go to Moonglow.

Seems like it's an event going on, and not something leftover!
Demise News Network

Otim O'Connel wrote:
I have tried coercing Trikk in the library to follow me, come, and go. I even offered him a boat ride Seems he isn't budging until further notice. I keep checking in on him and Lexa in moonglow. I would also like to add I don't trust any man named Trikk. Just saying.
Demise News Network

The Silvertiger wrote: There is also a book about elven harvest records on the table in the library.
Third or actually second word for trikk is scholar... Lexa: who's that? Scholar: where? Moonglow: wait for me to travel. Also third word, rather first word, for Elliot is help.
Demise News Network

Otim O'Connel wrote:
Nice I tried Royal Scholar I believe didn't work. Was Scholar grr
Demise News Network

The Silvertiger wrote:
Yeah, I think it has to be one word at a time. I could be wrong.
Demise News Network

Trikk and Lexa meet in the Lyceum library Moonglow.

[keyword]

[Lexa] Lexa says: I have heard of a book of notes written by another scholar.
[Trikk] Trikk says: Lexa and I have been talking and she has said we need to find a book of notes.
[Book] Lexa says: Yes, these notes are regarding an ancient ritual.
[Ritual] Trikk says: The ritual will summon a dragon to help us. We must find this book at once!
[Dragon] Trikk says: It is important we act fast, before winter sets in. We have already sent word to the scholars in Britain. We are looking here.

Sanders’s is still at home

[Sanders] I’m still recovering from my illness. Please speak with Lexa.
[Lexa] My daughter is busy helping Trikk right now in the lyceum.
[Trikk] I don’t trust the Elves, but she insists on helping.
Demise News Network

Otim O'Connel wrote:
Also I found Sanders office south side of castle up top. The very bottom book says Sanders notes. The door is locked and his office is behind a secret door. I tried picking the lock with picks and magic. Won't open. I don't know if his office is from previous quest or if he will ever be in it again. Also found a mouse hole upstairs in the castle I never seen before. And found the new quest "I think I overate." It was in the top right on the bottom floor of castle. NPC named "Pepta, the Royal Taste tester"
Demise News Network

The Silvertiger wrote:
I think these are unrelated. Pepta is a recent update. Mouse hole may be related to sherry the mouse.

The book of notes may actually be related

"sanders" is the 3rd or 1st word for sanders followed by Lexa and trikk.

sherry the mouse is missing. I think the mouse hole is still unrelated.
http://www.uoguide.com/Sherry_the_Mouse

Okay, so I went back to the guard, stableman, and the waiter. The waiter is the only one that said anything of value, I think. He said all knowledge finds a place to sit. The guard said boat try the harbor to the prompt of notes, so I figured useless. Stableman said straight up that he couldn't help me.

Word prompts for waiter were: book, notes, and dragon. Then a little jingle in the waiters pocket loosens the tongue.
Demise News Network

Otim O'Connel wrote:
Ok so I thought long and hard over this. And I have concluded there are a metric shit ton of chairs and books in Sosaria. Many of which I have sit in and read. Bookshelves full of books, tables lined with books, and every table has a chair. Trikk please elaborate on this. Do we need to find these notes? Or do you Trikk? lol
Demise News Network

The Silvertiger wrote:
Hmm, it is probably a shelf or bookcase. There's some potions on the shelf downstairs that I wish sanders would drink so he can go open his office. I tried searching for new people, in various cities, but I didn't find any. I only made it to yew or minoc, whichever one is lower on moongate list. I also didn't explore the woods too much. Did sanders place used to be in the mountains or was that another guy?

Also, I've only been able to get Lexa to use 2 phrases.
Demise News Network

Otim O'Connel wrote: Checked all Brit towns including Wind. Can't find another scholar. A place to sit? Checked park bench Brit. Poor Harvest? Checked farmlands, check Heartwood for scholar or book. Yew looked promising found books all over the floor alas no. I am thinking if anything it may be another custom area. The problem I had finding Sanders was he was in a custom house that sprang up outta no where that didn't exist the day before. So....I am thinking this scholar or book could be anywhere... Possibly another custom house lying about on the map somewhere. Dunno frustrated with it all.

My best guess is "knowledge finds a place to sit" A Bookshelf. So I think we are looking for a book of notes on a bookshelf somewhere. But, if it looks like every other book you have to read each one. Checked all the books in Lyceaum
Demise News Network

The Silvertiger wrote: Idk, think tbh, the book is in sanders office under the pile of other books on his table. I just don't know how to get in there. Knowledge sits at a desk? It may be a riddle to what we already know. I think we need to figure out lexas 3rd word.

I think our objective is to get sanders or someone else to open his office and get Lexa to speak her last phrase.
Demise News Network

diabolic wrote:
Hope it goes til tomorrow I cant play today :(