PEBCAK Question

Any questions, comments and bug reports regarding the Razor UO assistant can be posted here.
kentares

PEBCAK Question

Post by kentares »

Good afternoon,

This is a user problem.

I am setting Hot Keys in the Hot Keys tab and they are passing to UO.

When I sign out and close UO / Razor and re-launch Razor and sign back in the Hot Keys I set are blank.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Razor Version: 1.0.14.10

VER: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]

WINVER: Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1593)

Thank you for your time,

kentares :oops:
hrs024

Re: PEBCAK Question

Post by hrs024 »

solution: use steam
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
kentares likes this.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

Is there only one Razor instance open when you set the hotkey? If there are other open Razor instances, they will overwrite the profile when closing without the new hotkey (unless you set the hotkey in all open Razor instances). Usually this is the issue with hotkeys not saving.

If you're sure there is only one Razor running, are hotkeys the only things not saving? What about Arm/Dress lists, or other settings?

After closing Razor, you could have a look in the profile XML file to see if the hotkeys are properly being saved. (The profile XML file is located in the data directory, which can be opened from the Help & Status tab.)

A hotkey entry for a macro named "Example" would look something like this in the profile XML file:

Code: Select all

<key mod="0" key="66" send="False">Play: Example</key>
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Eos wrote:Is there only one Razor instance open when you set the hotkey? If there are other open Razor instances, they will overwrite the profile when closing without the new hotkey (unless you set the hotkey in all open Razor instances). Usually this is the issue with hotkeys not saving.

If you're sure there is only one Razor running, are hotkeys the only things not saving? What about Arm/Dress lists, or other settings?

After closing Razor, you could have a look in the profile XML file to see if the hotkeys are properly being saved. (The profile XML file is located in the data directory, which can be opened from the Help & Status tab.)

A hotkey entry for a macro named "Example" would look something like this in the profile XML file:

Code: Select all

<key mod="0" key="66" send="False">Play: Example</key>
Thank you, Ma'am; that was the problem.