Calvin

Re: Pc ring

Post by Calvin »

2kk?
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

more like 5-10

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i should probably rate DI higher, just it's so easy to hit the cap with grips, trinket, and gm crafted wep; you have like 90% already, divine fury = 100% which is the cap

but i suppose not everyone uses grips.

i always work from a 10/10/1 hci/dci/fc being about 300k

but yeah, people rate the DI, and with the dex + skills you can probably get 5-10kk
it is a decent 5 mod, 3 main 2 bonus. just the hci and dci are a little bit low, if you had a 15 on one then easy in the 10+kks

it messes with my head this tbh, cos in theory the DI is +20% damage, and 5 more hci would be 5% more damage. but that's totally not how it works. in reality the 20%di is like 2 damage per hit, and a miss can drop anything from 50-200 damage...

lets see 20% of 15-18 damage for a double axe is 1.5-1.8 x2 = 3 to 3.6 extra damage per hit. on a katana it's basically +2.5.
that's part of the 100% item cap, you can get another 200% from spells and abilities. making a total of 45-54 damage at 300%, which doubles with slayer to 90-108, and doubles with bushido honor to 180-216, and doubles again with double strike to 360-432 damage per hit.
of which.. lets take an average of 3.3 -> 6.6 -> 13.2 -> 26.4 is from the 20% di

so would you rather have +26.4 on every hit, or 5% more chance of missing a 336-408 damage hit?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

actually i can math this :P

372 average hit, divided by 26.4 = 14.1, call it 14 swings to equal 1 miss. 5% = 1 miss every 20 swings.

sooo.... yeah it's actually worth it. you've already paid for the miss after 14 swings. colour me surprised ;)

and for everyone wanting to make a max damage build that uses all of the outside of the cap damage multipliers -- it wont actually work. you wont get honor built to perfection before the monster is dead, and you wont be able to use everything effectively together. you'll lack in some place like lmc or swing speed. it is like the highest theoretical damage you can do, but it's not practical.

these numbers are arbitrary really, they're not - they're accurate. but you could be at any level and the relative di/hci relationship will be the same

see what i mean tho about games designers? at max intensity of 25% and 15%, i bet that will balance perfectly
cos they will have done the exact same math, and that's what balancing is.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

start at 10kk then, it's near enough nice round numbers, people like that.

my bad for thinking hci is that much more important than di, there's the perfection side of things, but i dont think that's as big of a deal since i found out it drops by 1 level and not to zero on a miss
Bigshoes93

Post by Bigshoes93 »

Thanks guys much appreciated
Calvin likes this.