PC Shield

Get your goods appraised here!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: PC Shield

Post by Bama »

The point was
If you read the bug report section of the forum during those times you would have known exactly when HCI was removed from shields as loot and as a crafting mod

Unlike say ummm hmmm mining carts no longer spawning mining gems in them. That was only known to staff members when that fix was going to be put in.

That shield is a little suspect though

Demise has a lot of dark eras where strange things happened.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i couldn't actually tell you exactly when i started... but i think it was 2003

i've lost my accounts a few times, i only kept these ones alive because i had the castle..

but my old forum account was 2004 i think.. and i didn't sign up for forum until i'd been playing for like a year... i had a look through my old hard drive to see if i had any dated pics, fun to be nostalgic ^.^

i only have a few from 2005 tho, and already got to the point of making 7xGM fishermen for the lolz

(these are all on demise)

ya know when i remade that fisherman for these accounts, i got jailed for AFK gathering fish....

mah old shop :D

OG Calvin :D tho i think this is actually second set of accounts not first

1st incarnation of crafter :D

trainin up for pvp, just screen capped cos it's macroing like 20 skills over 3 characters at the same time ^.^

this was when i was still killing dragons and shadow wyrms with my bard ^.^
he's totally retired now, provo was too nerfed, just runs my gates these days :P
Last edited by Calvin on April 6th, 2020, 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: April 6th, 2020, 3:00 am Unlike say ummm hmmm mining carts no longer spawning mining gems in them. That was only known to staff members when that fix was going to be put in.
o/
*was the person that whored that into being necessary* lol

very few people bothered to put them down as gem carts, it was a really good lil earner, everyone thinking i was just hardcore mining or something. woulda made so much more if i'd waited for jewelry craft to come out, but never mind... i still have like 6k fire rubys that never sold..

honestly i think the shield thing was an accident and they took hci off in a rush cos they realized everyone is going to have perfect shields from copper hammers
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

these shields actually dont make sense:

Verite
Armor 4 4 3 4 1

http://www.uoguide.com/Ingot

how have i got 3 physical resist on both these shields, and he has 2 cold resist if that's what verite gives?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

CraftAttributeInfo verite = Verite = new CraftAttributeInfo();

verite.ArmorPhysicalResist = 3;
verite.ArmorFireResist = 3;
verite.ArmorColdResist = 2;
verite.ArmorPoisonResist = 3;
verite.ArmorEnergyResist = 1;
verite.WeaponPoisonDamage = 40;
verite.WeaponEnergyDamage = 20;
verite.RunicMinAttributes = 4;
verite.RunicMaxAttributes = 5;

so it's 3/3/2/3/1, not 4/4/3/4/1 as UOGuide and Stratics says

+ 0/0/0/0/1 for base shield property
= 3/3/2/3/2 start resists for a verite metal kite shield
then he's rolled.. 3/1/0/1/1 bonus resists

shield i bought rolled... 0/1/2/3/0
shield i made rolled... 0/1/1/1/3

i suppose it could be luckier... maybe?
there's a whole 1 point of resist in the wrong place

as opposed to mine, which have 2 and 4 in the wrong places... and then it's 15/15... with 3 self repair... odds-wise, it's unbelievable. literally, unbelievable. i dont believe it. that it spawned naturally.

the odds of getting the 15/15/1, are like thousands to 1. the odds of getting the self repair as well... multiplies that, by like 1000... think how much easier it is to make a perfect 3 mod wep than a perfect 4 mod. and then on top of those odds, they have nailed 5 out of 6, 60% chance rolls... AND this is before they upped the minimum intensities that you could roll, and removed things like durability and lower requirements from the possibilities....