Completed Monster AI when low.

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Loler

Re: Monster AI when low.

Post by Loler »

Notice the only 2 times the balron flee is at 4% as well not at 16% like all mobs do on this server. And not all monsters flee. Please look into fixing this.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Otim O'Connel wrote: December 2nd, 2017, 9:55 am Logically speaking I find it odd mindless undead zombies would fear death. I mean they are already dead and um mindless. =)
So I just rediscovered your post and am glad to tell you that from my research the undead do not flee on OSI. My research was limited, tho. I hope all is well.

@Eos can we get some further analysis of this and maybe merge the two threads chopping the off topic posts from each? There were valid points made in each that I feel would do well to be combined.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

can just delete my threads they've already done their research.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:29 pm research.
😂
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos wrote: May 13th, 2017, 4:03 pm Cross-post from here:
Eos wrote:
Loler wrote:Monsters are not supposed to flee when under 16% like they do on demise this is not osi accurate.
Monsters definitely do flee on OSI. Though, it does seem like when a monster is attacked, it will not flee for 5-20 seconds to defend itself. This makes fleeing less apparent. If you stop attacking a monster when it's low health on OSI, it will flee just like it would here. The exact mechanics require further analysis.
Fine Eos Demise monsters and OSI monsters act the same when low on HP. Put that aside for a minute

How about changing it to not letting them flee just so these AFK resource players don't die?
If you don't agree with that how about fixing pets when they fight multiple monsters?
The AFK captcha doesn't seem to work as well as you think.

I mined up 3 dull copper elementals.
The 2nd and 3rd elementals were killed by the CU (which is guarding)
The 1st elemental is still alive and is wandering about because:
-as it was getting low on HP the 2nd elemental popped up and the CU switched targets
-when the 2nd elemental died the 3rd elemental popped up and the CU killed it
-the CU never went after the 1st elemental
Syn_8-10_20.23.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.23.jpg (199.35 KiB) Viewed 9233 times

The 1st elemental just wanders around
Syn_8-10_20.24.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.24.jpg (189.17 KiB) Viewed 9233 times

And around
Syn_8-10_20.24-1.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.24-1.jpg (180.79 KiB) Viewed 9233 times

And that is how AFK players die (notice that there isn't a corpse or bones for Do he has been dead for a long time)
Syn_8-10_20.24-2.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.24-2.jpg (195.58 KiB) Viewed 9233 times

Here is Do the day before
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 04#p134004

If Do can go 6 hours without looking at the screen is the AFK captcha working?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:30 pm
Loler wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:29 pm research.
😂
Unless loler was going for the Trump style of bringing attention to a subject then I would say their research is better than his. They literally stated the same thing that I found in my travels of OSI as recorded in my videos.

They have also stated more research is needed. I agree. I haven't seen any strict rules concerning the way monsters flee on OSI. We do know they don't flee instantly at 16% like on Demise. We do know that certain monsters apparently don't flee at all: undead and blood elementals.

If you have anything to contribute to this subject all of the free servers community would greatly appreciate it even if they never realize it is different.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:36 pm is the AFK captcha working?
I don't think the captcha is automated. I think it's staff prompted, so there's still going to be instances where afkers get by with their cheating because staff haven't checked that specific character.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on August 29th, 2020, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Here the CU does its bleed attack on the 1st shadow elemental
I had cast strangle on the 2nd shadow elemental making my CU switch targets

Syn_8-10_20.37.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.37.jpg (193.82 KiB) Viewed 9227 times

The 1st elemental loses enough HP to flee

Syn_8-10_20.37-1.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.37-1.jpg (193.57 KiB) Viewed 9227 times
If Birdman Jack hadn't already died to a wandering elemental

Syn_8-10_20.32.jpg
Syn_8-10_20.32.jpg (212.3 KiB) Viewed 9227 times

He would have died to this one because it is heading to one of his recall mining spots

The AFK captcha ?

If you fix it to where monsters do not flee AFK players and players that are actually playing the game won't die to these wandering monsters
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Arden

Post by Arden »

On osi humanoids flees + dragons. Nothing else.

Their “research” also called osi casting “a bug” and for cus wrong.

Let’s not even get into mana leech on weps and the function of leech all together.

Add in how dmg from archer specials work.

I wish they would actually talk to osi players. That is my only request. Unless they are logging into an AOS/SE server they are doing us a disservice.

Do I like loler? Fuck no. But he knows at least as much as I do about osi. Yet we are constantly told we are wrong. Yet nearly every time we prove ourselves right with patch notes. Then ignored.

Anyways. Rant over.

Tldr Please consult top tier ex-osi players and work together to determine accuracy.
The Silvertiger

Arden wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm On osi humanoids flees + dragons. Nothing else.
You're wrong. I have video evidence of more than that.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 83#p132683
Selling List & Vendor

Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote: August 13th, 2019, 2:18 am
Arden wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:03 pm On osi humanoids flees + dragons. Nothing else.
You're wrong. I have video evidence of more than that.

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 83#p132683
Thanks for showing me current osi.
The Silvertiger

Wish we had reactions. :lol:

If you think that there has been a change to how monsters flee please post the publish documentation.
Selling List & Vendor

Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

The thread has been cleaned up a little. Discussion concerning champion boss health/resists should go in the appropriate bug report.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Bump, needs more work please.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Until we have thouroughly investigated the issue and have a valid solution can we temporarily remove monsters fleeing? I believe removing the ability to flee would be a closer and more accurate temporary change than how they all flee now at 16%.

As was tested with video documentation, only two monsters fled throughout an entire champion spawn. Whereas on Demise all monsters will flee at 16% no matter what.