H-town

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Arden

H-town

Post by Arden »

What y’all think of no alliances this year ?! And no mass recruiting.

Hz? Loop? Req? China?

Thoughts?

We have no intention of doing either, have some fun and don’t zerg it up this year.
The Silvertiger

Re: H-town

Post by The Silvertiger »

Cancelled
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:32 pm Cancelled
Please cancel this event until they make it actually fun, events suck ugly butt
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:25 pm
If they did the server would truly die.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Increase drops on pvp boss, 2 years in a row and drops have been insanely low that its not worth doing boss for peoples who main focus isnt pvp. We should encourage more players to pvp instead of afking pvm bosses with scripts.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:39 pm
Josh wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:25 pm
If they did the server would truly die.
True, I think they need to make fun events, some are okay, but the big ones aren’t that fun. Zombieland from uof is the funnest event I’ve played, and you don’t make that much money but I’d rather play it over htown simply Bc it’s more fun.

Not suggesting people go play it, just saying the events could use a little more thought on improving. All the gms have time to think of ideas (except maybe eos).
Josh

Post by Josh »

Vander Nars wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 8:48 pm Increase drops on pvp boss, 2 years in a row and drops have been insanely low that its not worth doing boss for peoples who main focus isnt pvp. We should encourage more players to pvp instead of afking pvm bosses with scripts.
They also need to fix LOS issues there too.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

H town is the super bowl of uo. It's the calitina wine mixer.

I fucking love Halloween town and plan on scheduling some time off work again this year to play.

That being said i agree drop rates are insanely low and should be adjusted.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Duque likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Mr Straitions wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:18 pm It's the calitina wine mixer.
This.
Mr Straitions likes this.
The Silvertiger

The PvM boss drop rate could actually be lowered and spawn rate increased. Long respawns is begging for afking. Or remove the boss idea entirely. Maybe a kill so many of this type of creatures quest would be entertaining. A straight up champ spawn on the PvP side would be entertaining. I think limiting the rewards to deco and 2-3 super awesome items is wrong. Throw more items on a list like the gauntlet Arty system. CC, crystalline, bane's, aof, and other mid tier items would be a really good way to limit super rewards but make people feel like their time was rewarded. Also, don't be afraid to throw in the high tier items trinket, garb, orny, etc. Might be a good year to introduce cameo's[like trinket except random Slayer and 5 ssi.]

Anyway, something needs changed. I feel like PvP side needs 2 area's [\things to do.] PvM just needs the wait times took out of it. I'd be happy if PvP side dropped cameo's this year [like they did with trinkets the first year] if there were 2 area's or more [unconnected] making it more difficult to control both[all] areas and giving more opportunity for a risk vs reward mentality.

Edit:
Combine the multiple things to do with teleporters from tram htown to fel htown [aka tram and fel Green acres] and I feel like we have a match made in Mexico.
Selling List & Vendor

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The problem is, why would I fight for 5 hours at the pvp boss with almost no chance of a drop because im competing against 20+ other people for a lone drop, when I could just get 6 garbs semi afk at steaming heap?
The Silvertiger

Bad Religion wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 9:47 am The problem is, why would I fight for 5 hours at the pvp boss with almost no chance of a drop because im competing against 20+ other people for a lone drop, when I could just get 6 garbs semi afk at steaming heap?
Because you are a pvper. I think there's a problem with the PvP community. I think that if req loop chn and hz were given more than one area with the same drops, they would just sit in their area and not PvP. The community cares more about rewards than PvP. Fighting over an objective is fine, but when you abandon PvP to farm PvM you're pvmers not pvpers.

Ok, here's the end all "PvP" suggestion: put "the item" on a vendor and make unique kills [with a timer on the same character] give a currency. The currency is used to purchase "the item" or other items. Would require monitoring for multiclient farming. Basically the faction system without factions. Make it banable to farm alts or let other players kill you for points.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 3:18 pm
Bad Religion wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 9:47 am The problem is, why would I fight for 5 hours at the pvp boss with almost no chance of a drop because im competing against 20+ other people for a lone drop, when I could just get 6 garbs semi afk at steaming heap?
Because you are a pvper. I think there's a problem with the PvP community. I think that if req loop chn and hz were given more than one area with the same drops, they would just sit in their area and not PvP. The community cares more about rewards than PvP. Fighting over an objective is fine, but when you abandon PvP to farm PvM you're pvmers not pvpers.

Ok, here's the end all "PvP" suggestion: put "the item" on a vendor and make unique kills [with a timer on the same character] give a currency. The currency is used to purchase "the item" or other items. Would require monitoring for multiclient farming. Basically the faction system without factions. Make it banable to farm alts or let other players kill you for points.
Alternatively you could make the pvm and pvp events actually fun.
It’s financially disincentivized to pvp at htown Bc it’s so much easier to get pvm drops and if you compare gold value of items, pvm > pvp by a mile. If pvpers were given a choice of pvp or pvm with same items and same amount of drops rate (however that’d work out, mechanics would have to change ofc) then we’d pvp way more.

Also we do pvp all the time but after doing the room for 6+ hrs everyday for 7 days straight and getting maybe 1 item total a day (for a 20+ players usually, that is usually worth less than pvm side, last year we atleast got luck garb/trinket but 2 other items worth far less than regular garb/trinket and drop fat less often) gets a little daunting and drawn out and boring.

Tl;dr: Fighting for 2 hrs just to pvm for 6 hrs with minimal rewards isn’t conducive to pvp.
tank

Post by tank »

My suggestion is: add captcha after PvM boss died.

Add special captcha when boss died. Captcha will be locate randomly in the screen. This captcha will be active for the next 10-20 seconds. if player will not write this symbols, he will not have chance for reward.

Make captcha very easy for read.
Rewards will drop to the random player after 10-20 seconds when all people write theirs captchas.
Players who fight the boss but didnt write captcha after 10-20 seconds will not have chance for reward.

I think this idea will prevent afk gathering this year.

AND FINALLY: make chance for PvP boss x2 compare with PvM bosses. So everyone will be happy. PvMers will kill their bosses, and pvpers will have x2 chance with theirs 30+ mins fighs inside the room.
Last edited by tank on September 4th, 2019, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

That suggestion is not bad idea, but maybe hard to put for this year, but i think PvP área should have more PvP bosses, i mean, if a lot of ppl inside, and there are like 4-5 mobs in each room, why only one boss? Why not like dark father in Gauntlet?

More ppl, more boses, more chance .

Anyways, i really expect more GM afk checking during this year
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time