Question about Bushido + parrying

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Grifo

Question about Bushido + parrying

Post by Grifo »

I have one question.

How works bushido + parrying + shield formula defense?

Considering UOStratics
https://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/parrying.php
Parrying 120
Bushido 120
Dex 100

Chance of blocking with a shield: 5%
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 35%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 40%
So, i see sampires using shield all time, this formula is same on demise?
tank

Re: Question about Bushido + parrying

Post by tank »

Lol they don’t have bushido.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the formula is right. you can actually get away with it, because sampire works by leeching back the damage it takes, not by stopping incoming damage

i guess they just dont use counter attack much and get hit a lot, but do enough damage to leech it back. have to get stam as well.. i suppose it lets you use soul seeker, which is an OP weapon really.

i think there is some factor in what you are able to actually use in the time frame that is capping people to a similar level. like not casting counter attack all the time will give mana and time to cast other things. it's a good thing. nice balancer.

you could probably make an uber sampire by figuring out what wont conflict and scripting it to use them all at the same time

but generally it is better to use 2 hander if you are using bushido. some use bushido with shield but they are oddballs. most people using shield are paladin with 3 or 4 fast casting, the shield is really to get the casting cap for chivalry, because if you're not using vamp form to leech then you need good chivalry for healing.
there are other ways like fc on sword, or using ornament, but mostly hci fc shield is for this.

there's a lot of different builds, you can probably find a way to make anything work if you stack it's strengths and play to exploit them
Grifo and AguaBenta like this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

tank wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 3:15 pm Lol they don’t have bushido.
My first idea. But WW move need bushido do bonus damage. They are using bushido and Parrying with shield.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you dont need bonus damage to use ww, i use ww with radiant and i have no bushido

some of the damages like that are included in the caps, some aren't. it might not even make a difference if it's included in and beyond a cap. dont know, but radiant does nice damage, more than katana if you're not double stiking

katana will hit about 35-40 on a regular hit (70-80 slayer, 140-160 double hit), radiant hits about 45-50 on ww swing, consecrated with df on

(280-320 if you got perfection bushido as well, but this would be like 350-500 with a double axe)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin is right, but annoying. 😂

They are just using a shield and not using the block mechanic. I'm guessing they are getting high DMG from perfection and mods from shield mainly hci for cheap suits using community collection shield.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I dunno what these guys are doing specifically, but a bushido, no parry build with DCI would be pretty strong actually...Could go 120 anat tact bush weapon, and nearly 120 resists too...Actually not uncommon on OSI/EA servers currently. Works out betters on paper actually...but the counter strikes are really a big loss, and overall less damage at spawns, but more, raw, consistent damage. You'd prob manage a few lucky counter strikes in there too if you kept it up
Calvin likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

lol, it not about parrying and bushido, it is all about HCI...

just try make HCI 45, you get like 6 items at all
ring, brace, helm, bane[suck resist, no lmc...], talizman[200kk, i m poor...] and shield

now let say, NO BANE and HLD glasses wanna, too PVM durability will droped like hell, glady will only few min and need repair... where can get HCI ?

shield compensate for HCI, one more hit = like 1 parry. aswell DCI +15 is like 15% parrying chance
free 120-160 skill, [80 bushido enough 13hits max honor] it can bump anatomy + tactics make 50% more damage more leech with easy hci shield xD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 5:42 am Calvin is right, but annoying. 😂

i get that a lot.
tank

Post by tank »

Grifo wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 12:23 am
My first idea. But WW move need bushido do bonus damage. They are using bushido and Parrying with shield.
Repeat again. They dont have bushido
fluffhead321

Re: Question about Bushido + parrha'lying

Post by fluffhead321 »

ya'll should listen to tank...He's one of them, and in the guild that most people that use them are in
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

(some do)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Are they trying to 1 shot stuff?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."