Six on Saturday

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Six on Saturday

Post by The Silvertiger »

calvin's here... I've literally reported almost everyone of these off topic posts so:

Question [!?]: When is staff going to be active again? Need to know so I can afk my way to fortune and fame. thx
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Are you planning to keep following OSI, or produce a lot more custom content, and if so; would this include changes to the rules of the game, or just extra aesthetics and narrative?

there ya go then.
desalonne likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i have a kinda brutal question...

you might not wanna answer this one... but... what are your priorities concerning the money you will get from the donation store?

ie.
pay staff
upgrade server
advertising

i would vote for advertising personally...

i appreciate it might not be much, maybe even nothing, but whatever it is, what are you planning to do with it first?
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

Are you guys gonna fix poisoning / enchance pots ??
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Any chance of adding shrink potions or something similar to make it easier to sell pets?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Wreakage- and Calvin like this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

I always liked how the lesser slayers would do 3x damage to their specific target group. That would add more value to the weapons that do not have the overpowering super slayer on them.

Of course that would mean adding the penalty for the opposing slayer monster damage.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know it's difficult to not just ask a suggestion.. but will be a bit annoying if they just pick suggestion questions and answer with "no, no, no, maybe, no"

can i ask gms that if they pick a question which has a short answer, they please add a little extra detail around their thought process.

if we're on slayers tho... undead slayer working on necromancer players would be a treat ;)
personally i'd add a melee spell for chivalry for em ;P
bless weapon or something, extra damage to undead :P
goin a bit outside of uo there tho, when you start adding spells and skills.
personally i dont think we should mod the game itself too much, just let people use their characters for interesting adventures.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Are those who noticed their ping spiked as a part of community?

If yes, do you consider helping them?

Hint: It happened after Ryan's host failure
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

have you guys ever been to, or considered going to a GDC (games developer conference)?

most of it is like indie devs, but they'd be very very happy to see you guys, and you'd get some good tips and insight. you'd be a bit of a novelty, but a very welcome one. they would grill you for info lol.. you dont know what you've got here really... you could do so many experiments.. dont, cos they wouldn't care about the health of the world. you have like a brilliant mini-game world, these people would kill to have that; test out their ideas on us, take what they learn and apply it to a large scale game. they would learn a lot from you, and you from them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JB7T ... 6u6qH8y_MQ
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

Any chance we see mechanics that were disabled or hugely nerfed due to preference by former gms for pets to be returned to what should be their era accuracy.

Specifically the dismount chance of lesser hiryus

And orc brutes summoned via the talisman (who currently do not auto attack at all) swinging/attacking with their summoner.
Asteria
Demise Staff Member

Post by Asteria »

Question 1: What direction are you taking fel casting? The current test center casting is more “old demise” (2fc/10fcr). Will there be a focus on trying to address casting in pvp?
Answer: Our priority is to have the same casting mechanics in all facets. The current TC casting was an attempt to find a middle ground between Demise’s current Felucca and classic casting, but it appears this approach hasn’t been as well received as we’d hoped.
We are planning to consult with players to resolve any remaining issues in Demise’s current Felucca casting, to see if improved OSI emulation is the way to go, instead of the current TC casting.

Question 2:Are you planning to keep following OSI, or produce a lot more custom content, and if so; would this include changes to the rules of the game, or just extra aesthetics and narrative?
Answer: For now, we intend to stick to the Mondain’s Legacy expansion when it comes to the core game mechanics. (Exceptions to this include bugs or game balance issues.) There are still some key ML features missing we intend to address.
We will, however, continue to create custom content as well. Mostly this will be reserved for our shard events and prizes.

Question 3:Is anyone actively working on bugs\development and if so what are you working on currently?
Answer: Between other necessary code development (e.g. website and shard maintenance, shard events), we do continue to work on bug fixes. We like to publish these in batches, as this helps to keep our codebase and forums tidy. Among the current bug fixes being worked on is pet mounting during combat, monster fleeing behavior and various miscellaneous bugs.

Question 4:Are there any plans to include item bless deeds to the donation store? Would love to bless my old ring, old necklace, and Friends of the Library Reading Lantern.
Answer: We are looking into expanding the donation store reward selection, but we currently do not have plans for adding the item bless deed. We encourage you to use the item insurance system!

Question 5: Are we gonna ever get the pet vendors? I always see people constantly taming cusidhe, and trying to sell them, we should get the pet vendors eventually so people can just sell them without the effort.
Answer: We like the New Magincia pet vendor system and would love to add it here too! We do however have other priorities before we plan to consider systems from later expansions.

Question 6: Are there any plans to change the heartwood quest in order to discourage AFK gathering?
Answer: We would like to point out that, despite macro usage being common, a majority of players do respond to manual staff attendance checks. Players that do not follow our attended gathering rules are actioned accordingly.
We are considering changes to the quest system, but also don’t want to excessively affect normal gameplay. One thing we have already changed in the past is the added requirement to perform other quests, not just the one for bolts which are easily available. This did however lead to the players having to run back and forth, which we understand can be disconcerting when first observed.