Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

this is actually a good movie.

i *hate* tom cruise... but.. it is a good movie, and to be fair to him, he does do his own stuns...

...the crazy bastard.

this is good:

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:lol:

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is pretty good. not what i was trying to find tbh, i was looking for the series of documentaries on serial killers.. it does like an episode on each.

but i cant find them, so this'll have to do. it's pretty interesting in itself...

i just love the bit where the interviewer asks him if he thought disrespecting him like that was a crime worthy of a death penalty. and the iceman just replies with "apparently."
now that is a man that knows what words mean.

actually really good if you watch it with this one:

cos the gambinos were the crime family that had their hitmen in erm... shit whats the name, it's in comics... like dare devil and that... hells kitchen! that's the one.
that was where the gambino family's hit men were, and iceman was one of them.
(by the way, in case you dont watch it, he's called iceman cos he froze the bodies to confuse the time of death)
(he's not cool tho... he has something seriously wrong with his brain. still, at least he found suitable employment!)

this whole mob family is mentioned in LOADS of other stuff.. it's really pretty impressive how much back story detail some things go into, that is completely ignored by 99% of the viewers.

i bet i miss a lot as well....
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there's loads of these, and they're all pretty good

my fav is the UFO hunters xD

ooh i'll tell ya what's a good one actually. the rap one.
cos he goes to this hood rapper, and asks him what keeping it real means, and he says that you have to live the gangsta life style, be a pimp, etc.
but then he goes to... i think it's P Diddy, and he's in like a mansion in a posh neighborhood, and he asks him what "keep it real" means...
and Diddy says, it's about remembering that it's entertainment, and the reality is that you live in a messed up place, that you are trying to get out of. to not get caught up in your own storyline.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

forgot about this

watch marco polo first though...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

uploaded in 2015... makes me wonder why i've never seen it before...

a lot of people hate tommy and think he's some neo-nazi.
but i watched a 10 min vid of him on question time in the audience, and i saw a very intelligent and respectable man, who had been through a lot... im only 25 mins into this.. and i was right.

make your own mind up. to me, he's very working class, but a very intelligent person. far from a neo-nazi thug.

1:00:00 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51349664

well at least stuff has sort of got better... :(
pretty grim shit..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

need some history to nerf the shittiness of current events.

these are good:

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

awh im gonna watch this next it's a beast.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you'll have to find the parts for this yourselves..

if you do like..

this one as the earliest..
then after that do this one on alexander the great

if you watch the film 300, that's actually the persian empire being stopped. Cyrus built the empire, then there was a couple of other guys after him. they warred with greece, then greece eventually won with Alexander - and that inspired Rome to start existing.

so then watch Rome

that's when Julius made it into an empire, but interestingly was killed like the next day, so then Octavian took the seat of Emperor. then there was like a shit load more Caesars...
Gladiator is actually kind of a real story. Maximus is made up, but Markus Aurelius is real, and so was Commodus. Markus was known as "the wise", and has some really great quotes. highly recommend the book of them. it's actually in Black Sails too, it's the book Ms.Barlow is reading.
https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/mar ... ius-quotes

but Commodus was the first Caesar raised to be one from birth, as like a hereditory thing, usually it's just passed on to the most senior person like a meritocracy. he was nuts. he did actually fight in the arena and stuff. dont know if he died in it.

i dont know all the Caesars.. just a few interesting ones, Nero who burnt the place down and killed all the peasants.. Caligula who was banging everything in sight and made his horse a senitor..

but anyway, that all goes on, until Armenius.

Then Rome splits in 2, with the schism:

this is when the Byzantium Empire, and Orthodox Christianity are born.
it's some silly shit about whether the holy trinity is 1 thing, or 3 things... really dumb.

but then you have the Crescent and the Cross Documentary...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

can also do the Punic Wars, which was the wars between Rome and Carthage for control of the Mediterranean

best to just watch the one about Hannibal tho:

Hannibal and his dad Hamilcar were the top Generals for carthage, like one after the other.. so if you know their story, you pretty much know the punic wars story
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

theeen where are we... fall of rome... soo.. Holy Roman Empire...

ooooooooooooohh new one!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so then you wanna watch Vikings. specifically season 3, and the stuff with Rollo.

that's when Normandy becomes a thing. This is important because the Normans later invade England, become the Kings of England in 1066.

just to add a bit... Ragnar isn't a real person, he was like a fictional hero, that all the best Vikings would claim to be related to.. it's a weird thing. but Rollo was supposed to be Ragnar's brother, he was very much real, and was a Viking that got given Normandy as his own land, to turn against the other vikings and defend France against them. which he did. very well.

it's then Rollo's line that is William the Conqueror... but like. it's harsh cos Harold Godwyn only lost cos he had just beaten a Danish viking army up north, cos they had a claim from the Danelaw times. There's a cool story actually about one of Harald Hardrada's beasty berzerker vikings on a bridge, and the only way they can get passed is to float some boats under and stab him from underneath with spears lol. but when Edward the Confessor died there was no children to inherit. Godwyn was like managing the country for ages cos Edward was a bellend. shame he didn't win if you ask me.
Last edited by Calvin on July 1st, 2020, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.