Armor price question

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Armor price question

Post by The Silvertiger »

Answer: What is value is determined by the buyer.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Veteran Noobie likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

same like some players sell bag of sending for 30k and some sell for 150k and gold skull for 150k like wtf
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Tanya wrote:same like some players sell bag of sending for 30k and some sell for 150k and gold skull for 150k like wtf
yeah how much is Bag of Send worht ?
Got like 75 from ''quests'' with random uses from 30 to 5 :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Opywang wrote:Question 1
Some player sells 4 mod for 5kk now the question is how exactly does it work? Does intensity matter, or is it just straight up random 4 mod?
Question 2
If 4 mod sells for 5kk then how much does a 5 mod sells?
Good morning,

Source: Bulk Resources Price Guide
Setting prices for *anything* in UO is a challenge, as prices tend to vary wildly from shard to shard and from player to player. However, starting and running a vendor can be a daunting task if you don’t have a clue as to where to start when pricing your wares. Your best bet is often to wander the shops on your shard and check out their pricing. Or, simply set some prices and let it fly – see how your sales do. If things sell too quickly for you to maintain stock, raise the prices. If items don’t move, lower the prices.

It is with this “let it fly” scenario that I bring you this price guide. Consider this the ballpark. If you use this guide, your prices will be in the ballpark of the norm. Track your sales or visit shops on your shard to tweak the prices to reflect more accurate levels on your shard.
My personal opinion; @MMMartin probably has the cheapest prices for bulk resources because he has soooo much. 8-)

Source: Price Guides
Pricing your goods can be difficult. While prices vary from shard to shard, and even from day to day at times, these guides can help you to set a baseline for pricing items. Sites like FindUO.com and SearchUO.com make it easy to search for real-time prices as well. At the time of this writing, those sites cover primarily Luna-based vendors (which often tend to be overpriced), but the information can still be useful in setting your own baseline prices.
Useful links here.

Source: How to determine magic weapons/armor prices?

This information I believe is related to Stygian Abyss; still applies.

Source: how do you price magic weapons and armor?

This information I believe is related to Stygian Abyss; still applies.

Source: Pricing items for sale on vendors.

Source: Pricing Crafted Goods For Vendors

Source: UOR Price Guide
FAQ:

0) Yes, this guide is going to have its subjective elements, but I will try to be as objective as possible.

1) The reason I went through all of this work is because it was a common request from many players.

2) My goal is to have a sustainable system that is easy to update and also feeds the "price check" system in IRC. One data source means consistent price guidance.

3) These prices are my estimate based on what I see on vendors, on the market, recent sales, quantity in the database, etc.

4) For the most part, a recent sale of an item of which there are dozens or hundreds is not enough to make me adjust the price here wildly. For a unique/server rare, it of course holds a ton of sway.

5) I am definitely open to feedback about prices. However, please do not be offended if you suggest a price for something and I don't change it immediately. It could mean I disagree with your assessment, or it could mean I just haven't updated the post yet.

6) "_________ is worth _________, that's what __________ vendor is selling it for." If an item is selling on a vendor, and is no longer there, the price it sold for is a good indicator of the market. If it's on a vendor and you are pointing to it still being there, it is hard to take this as a sign of the value of the item, since no one is buying it at that price.

7) The most valuable feedback at this stage is ideas on new items to add. I am certain I missed some things, and would like this to be as comprehensive as possible.
Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
I hope this is found useful and have a nice day,

kentares
Last edited by kentares on February 7th, 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brad

Post by Brad »

You spent "hundreds of kk's suiting your guild" but have no idea how to value armour. That's a lot of taskmasters you bought.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Lmc/mi/si/2 resists -sampire
Lmc/mr/mi or si/ 2 resist -pvp dex
Lrc/lmc/Mr/2 resists - mage
All atleast 80% intensity I've found sell the best

BUT it's best to keep anything decent because there's always someone who needs what they need and I've been willing to pay 20kk for exactly what I need even if it's not worth half that
Just like you see people offering 100-200kk for jewls with 3 mods, if that's what it worth to the buyer it doesn't matter the actual value. Getting the last piece you your suit is always a struggle so people pay well
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Alhimikut

Post by Alhimikut »

i dont think opywang understands economics.. no point to explain
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
Exillion

Post by Exillion »

5 mod stuff easily goes over 100kk for the right mods/intensities
Opywang likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

for new player OPY i was exemple best type combinacion AMORS for crafting, keep them all like i rewrite

pvm properity warior
FIRE, LMC, STAMINA, HPI [need be 2 stats +fire +1resist random(in end perfect 70s all)] [if 5 mod need 3 prop and 2 resist*] [honed type amors]

lastly type PMV LUCK [spined type] are LMC LUCK SI and fire, [this 4 MUST BE] and 5th resist type [what is unreal if get it] [4 mod maybe 20kk] [5mod can go 100kk++ depent 5th resist type] [in my opinion even 500kk is not eqivalent this crafting artefact if it happend]

pvm properity mage [best is barbed type]
LRC, LMC, HPI, resist, luck [most ppl dont use them, arts for SDI WINNING][gloves 20 lrc with phy+cold +1 mod most ppl still use mitter gloves 30 lrc][some resist tunic ppl can use whatever cheap part] or [ plain amor LRC luck lmc - cheap for doom]

PVP warior-mage [honed fire - barbed physical]
MR2 MUST BE,
hpi [hpi only 1 part max, arts give mostly HPI MAXED]
SI MI LMC LRC RESIST[without energy]
need 3 prop [MR2 MUST] and 2 resist, all combinacion are NICE KEEP and are EXPENSIVE

i take properity resist only when are 13+ mean properity if amor is total resist 67 [67-15-15 = 37 {37 are base runic horned amors}] and have 3 properity it will one with best amor, RESIST TOTAL IS MOST IMPORTAT PROPERITY***
cadens and Opywang like this.