Six on Saturday

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger
Bug Tester

Re: Six on Saturday

Post by The Silvertiger » May 15th, 2020, 9:05 pm

calvin's here... I've literally reported almost everyone of these off topic posts so:

Question [!?]: When is staff going to be active again? Need to know so I can afk my way to fortune and fame. thx

Calvin

Post by Calvin » May 15th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Are you planning to keep following OSI, or produce a lot more custom content, and if so; would this include changes to the rules of the game, or just extra aesthetics and narrative?

there ya go then.
desalonne likes this.

Calvin

Post by Calvin » May 16th, 2020, 11:15 am

i have a kinda brutal question...

you might not wanna answer this one... but... what are your priorities concerning the money you will get from the donation store?

ie.
pay staff
upgrade server
advertising

i would vote for advertising personally...

i appreciate it might not be much, maybe even nothing, but whatever it is, what are you planning to do with it first?

Skrillex

Post by Skrillex » May 16th, 2020, 11:27 am

Are you guys gonna fix poisoning / enchance pots ??
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time

The Silvertiger
Bug Tester

Post by The Silvertiger » May 19th, 2020, 1:35 am

Any chance of adding shrink potions or something similar to make it easier to sell pets?
Wreakage- and Calvin like this.

Bug

Post by Bug » May 19th, 2020, 6:36 am

I always liked how the lesser slayers would do 3x damage to their specific target group. That would add more value to the weapons that do not have the overpowering super slayer on them.

Of course that would mean adding the penalty for the opposing slayer monster damage.

Calvin

Post by Calvin » May 19th, 2020, 5:29 pm

i know it's difficult to not just ask a suggestion.. but will be a bit annoying if they just pick suggestion questions and answer with "no, no, no, maybe, no"

can i ask gms that if they pick a question which has a short answer, they please add a little extra detail around their thought process.

if we're on slayers tho... undead slayer working on necromancer players would be a treat ;)
personally i'd add a melee spell for chivalry for em ;P
bless weapon or something, extra damage to undead :P
goin a bit outside of uo there tho, when you start adding spells and skills.
personally i dont think we should mod the game itself too much, just let people use their characters for interesting adventures.

royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 » May 19th, 2020, 10:49 pm

Are those who noticed their ping spiked as a part of community?

If yes, do you consider helping them?

Hint: It happened after Ryan's host failure

Calvin

Post by Calvin » May 23rd, 2020, 8:52 am

have you guys ever been to, or considered going to a GDC (games developer conference)?

most of it is like indie devs, but they'd be very very happy to see you guys, and you'd get some good tips and insight. you'd be a bit of a novelty, but a very welcome one. they would grill you for info lol.. you dont know what you've got here really... you could do so many experiments.. dont, cos they wouldn't care about the health of the world. you have like a brilliant mini-game world, these people would kill to have that; test out their ideas on us, take what they learn and apply it to a large scale game. they would learn a lot from you, and you from them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0JB7T ... 6u6qH8y_MQ

desalonne

Post by desalonne » May 23rd, 2020, 3:31 pm

Any chance we see mechanics that were disabled or hugely nerfed due to preference by former gms for pets to be returned to what should be their era accuracy.

Specifically the dismount chance of lesser hiryus

And orc brutes summoned via the talisman (who currently do not auto attack at all) swinging/attacking with their summoner.