Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

lol did you ever watch the TV on GTA Online? ^.^

Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

all i can say is it's good.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you ask me about Andor, all i can say is it's inexplicably entertainin...

mandelorian etc, have there epic scenes that make you be like "that guy is badass".

andor... i dunno. it's just good. i really cant put my finger on why.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 6th, 2022, 8:11 am lol did you ever watch the TV on GTA Online? ^.^

Watching TV in your apartment is about the only way to not get kicked for being idle. Used to let my passive income build up that way when I needed stuff. Saw most of the TV shows that way. Borderline funny borderline disturbing lol.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 12th, 2022, 1:03 am if you ask me about Andor, all i can say is it's inexplicably entertainin...

mandelorian etc, have there epic scenes that make you be like "that guy is badass".

andor... i dunno. it's just good. i really cant put my finger on why.
Me and mine are done with trek/wars... so bad now. I'll probably never bother to find out. Good luck watching the death knell of both. I'm out.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

been watching this for the lolz ;P

used to be on when i was a kid, it's actually pretty well written ^.^
tony robinson (baldrick from blackadder)

of course this doesn't exist, because pre-2000's feminism, women were always horribly abused in everything... alledgedly.

whole series is on youtube, but you'll have to search the eps individually.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

got a lot of catching up to do actually... hmmm
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

btw there is a Trancers 2 and 3 :P

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ehh.. it's not game of thrones, but it's like game of thrones fan-faction. so it's watchable.. plus will be more so might as well

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is a weird one... the film's not bad, but the stuff around the film is pretty cool.

this is DC not marvel, so it's like Joker, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker... it looks like it might be a dark remake of Shazam.

Shazam was originally Captain Marvel.. but it got into licensing issues with both DC over superman adopting all the powers of Captain Marvel, and with Marvel over the name Marvel.

so it ended up getting torn apart basically, DC got the hero (flight etc - originally superman couldnt fly, he just lept tall buildings), and Marvel got the name for Captain Marvel.

the Character himself was bought and reborn tho, as Shazam.

which is why he doesn't fit in, and alledgedly superman has 2 weaknesses lol kyptonite and magic? lol who knew..?

but this is related to that... somehow.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 26th, 2022, 10:17 pm this is a weird one... the film's not bad, but the stuff around the film is pretty cool.

this is DC not marvel, so it's like Joker, Suicide Squad, Peacemaker... it looks like it might be a dark remake of Shazam.

Shazam was originally Captain Marvel.. but it got into licensing issues with both DC over superman adopting all the powers of Captain Marvel, and with Marvel over the name Marvel.

so it ended up getting torn apart basically, DC got the hero (flight etc - originally superman couldnt fly, he just lept tall buildings), and Marvel got the name for Captain Marvel.

the Character himself was bought and reborn tho, as Shazam.

which is why he doesn't fit in, and alledgedly superman has 2 weaknesses lol kyptonite and magic? lol who knew..?

but this is related to that... somehow.
This was ok, my only complaints are the lack of shazam and... WHO THE FUCK IS THE JUSTICE SOCIETY?! They were boring as fuck.

If you don't hate Stallone, Tulsa King has been pretty fun. Wish it wasn't on paramount+ though.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

was a big wow seeing this listed, but watched the first epp last night, and it's three strong independant wamen that dont need no man.. i was gonna say the verdict is still out on it.

but looked up the trailer - Disney+. now it makes sense.

are Disney Princesses still a thing? or is it all just lesbians now?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »