What other games are you guys currently playing?

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: What other games are you guys currently playing?

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 14th, 2023, 4:09 pm
it was good thinkin back on it, not like wow this is amazing, or anything like that, but was alright.

(i had an occulus devkit for a bit.. actually got burgled and didn't bother replacing it :/ )
(they caught the guy, but didn't get the stuff back, not a big deal really, most of what he nicked was a wall of headphones, but they were all old ones that had died, it was like a graveyard for them lol, had about 10 pairs, different sets, all broken lol, but looked good. they actually left the current ones that were plugged in lol)

the sets are probably a lot better now tbh, OG oculus was clunky as hell and pretty low res.
think it's gone the way of microtransactions and pay to win. dunno then from now.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 14th, 2023, 11:40 pm think it's gone the way of microtransactions and pay to win. dunno then from now.
it sort of is.. there's like tiers of battle, i think there's only like 3 or 4 tanks in each tier, then you go to the next, so you can buy the best one for yoru tier and kick ass ye, but that only lasts for like 3 or 4 tanks, then you into the next tier of heavier tanks.. i suppose the issue is when you get the better ones in the teir, you're already going to the next teir... if that makes sense...

but yeah you might have a point tbh, was never super badass on it, maybe part of why i didn't play it properly, cos the outcomes feel kinda.. it feels like you dont personally have a lot of impact on them. but that said, the actual gameplay was fun, and the 3D in VR was surprisingly detailed and effective.

im not saying it's a good game, im just saying it's a good VR experience ;)

(it's plane and tank battles these days, i prefer the tank battles tho... could never be assed landing to re-arm lol)
(it basically started out as just planes, but they ripped off world of tanks, and the warthunder engine is frankly better)
(it's a Russian game tho. there's a couple of games like this, like conquerors blade as well, where the russians have just taken a bit of a different approach, and it actually works quite well)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i wanna play Hugo the Troll

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Settlers 2 - 10th Anniversary Edition
https://ufile.io/vmugro1r (up for 30 days ;) )
shh

been playing the player made maps from here, they are so much better than the normal maps

https://siedler-maps.de/s2maps/category ... ?setlang=4
Facko

Post by Facko »

Haven't been able to actually play much yet with shitty wait lines, but so far Diablo 4 is better than 3. Not that that's saying a whole lot. Temped to see if there's an offline crack... yeesh!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this fkin colonial map on settlers man.

it says very hard, it's not lying. im like 20 hours on the current save, having gone back like 5 times....

im actually like 40 hours on it -_-

well at partial 3x speed, so probably like 20 rly.. still a lot

annoying as sht tho, if you can do that map you rly pro at the game.
i rushed the reds and took their gold, now i have to kill the white and yellow at the same time before killing black... 5 v 1 hardest difficulty, but that's not the issue.. fk all gold on the map, literally every soldier dying is one less i cant replace... thought there was like a rich land at the end of the mad start rush, and it's kicked me in the balls with a couple of trees, so cant even expand from it, guess it's supposed to be their leaving point to get to the mid ground.. that means no more gold tho, and if i push forward to take the bit that yellow and white are getting, i have to fight both at the same time.... hard map -_-'
Facko

Post by Facko »

Facko wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:41 pm Haven't been able to actually play much yet with shitty wait lines, but so far Diablo 4 is better than 3. Not that that's saying a whole lot. Temped to see if there's an offline crack... yeesh!
After a few days with the game, I'm hooked, This is what I expected out of Diablo 3. Overpriced but I had the money, fuckin blizzard. I'll probably be in for expansions unless endgame shits the bed. Tons of side stuff in a huge open world or you can rail-road the story and do it all later.

My only real critism is the built in micro-transactions, not sure if they're even good and a lot of it is cosmetic. That and the forced online only. Wait times seem to be down but I'm not used to involuntary multiplayer in what feels like new diablo 2. Cross-play is cool though.

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

D2 really came alive on battlenet, is probably why they made it online only

there was single player on D2, but once you'd played the online characters.. it's very different cos of the trading, you can get what you want and make specific builds.. make specialized characters after getting boosted, etc. runewords as well.. all sorts.

good news if they've gone back to D2 style stuff
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

heroes of might and magic 3 HD is on offer on steam btw

i shoulda got the command and conquer remastered bundle when it was cheap too tbh, will be again.
enjoying the old games these days tho :P
dont make em like they used to
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

cos the other one was a good watch actually :P
chris barry does the voice on the first one ^.^

probably my fav adventure games those :P
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 12th, 2023, 6:23 am D2 really came alive on battlenet, is probably why they made it online only

there was single player on D2, but once you'd played the online characters.. it's very different cos of the trading, you can get what you want and make specific builds.. make specialized characters after getting boosted, etc. runewords as well.. all sorts.

good news if they've gone back to D2 style stuff
The gameplay feels like D2 but I'm pretty sure a lot of what you find is account bound, but I'm not sure yet, Don't need boosting probably the way it's designed but the builds are there. Wish I had more hotkeys though, necromancer is down 2 skills if you want you skeletons/golem.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if it's like D2, you should have a quick switch button for alternative weps that has 2 other skills. other than that you just use them then change it i think.. it is a lil limited, but it's the game style.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 13th, 2023, 6:24 am if it's like D2, you should have a quick switch button for alternative weps that has 2 other skills. other than that you just use them then change it i think.. it is a lil limited, but it's the game style.
They've limited stuff so it would have a functional controller scheme. You only get 6 hotkeys for skills (r/l mouse and 1-4 or all your face buttons except B and your controller triggers) and with the necromancer the skeletons and golem have to be on the hotkey bar or they all drop. No weapon swap that I've seen yet like in LoD, but expansions are planned, who knows?
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Diablo 4 endgame is 50-100 grinding for levels and loot. The campaign will get you to 50 (or close). After the campaign you can do the capstone dungeon and unlock nightmare (tier 3) and do nightmare dungeons, farm whispers from dungeons and do helltides and world bosses. Seems to be a pvp area too.

No trades or boosting. Haven't had to party up to proceede yet but I don't have the time to spend with it like I did the second game.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.