Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:21 pm This was fun

i did watch this btw a couple of nights ago. crazy film lol, but yaeh, very entertaining. ^.^

it's matrix on bath salts ^.^

impressively made as well. it's not an all in one location thing, but it feels like it is.

--

i think part of why it's so good has something to do with scale.. things these days have a habit of being sprawling. games have open universes that are never ending, or maps that are designed so you never reach the end. tv like game of thrones has a million characters, locations, and plot threads. movies try to keep pouring in specticals to keep 'wow'ing the viewer. anime series that go on for 1000s of episodes and never end..

i think people have the wrong end of the stick with this. i much preferred freelancer to eve online - BECAUSE it was completable, you can up the level of detail in a managable world.

this film reminds me of that tbh, cos it has a limited set of characters - just across multiverses; so they are different but the same character.
and the majority of the film is in the office building set. it's very well done.
there's a lot of films like this actually, and they're totally under-rated.

ya dont need more. more is not always more. often you can just use what you have better, or in creative ways.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Douglas Adams (author of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy) died aged 49 of a heart attack :(
he only really wrote 2 series, H2G2, and Dirk Gently.

the UK adaptation of Dirk Gently is passable, but ye gods is the american version bad.

American:

UK version:
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:52 am Douglas Adams (author of hitch hikers guide to the galaxy) died aged 49 of a heart attack :(
he only really wrote 2 series, H2G2, and Dirk Gently.

the UK adaptation of Dirk Gently is passable, but ye gods is the american version bad.

American:

UK version:
Look up Max Landis if you wan't to know why... fuck that moron.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 10th, 2022, 3:26 am
Facko wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:21 pm This was fun

i did watch this btw a couple of nights ago. crazy film lol, but yaeh, very entertaining. ^.^

it's matrix on bath salts ^.^

impressively made as well. it's not an all in one location thing, but it feels like it is.

--

i think part of why it's so good has something to do with scale.. things these days have a habit of being sprawling. games have open universes that are never ending, or maps that are designed so you never reach the end. tv like game of thrones has a million characters, locations, and plot threads. movies try to keep pouring in specticals to keep 'wow'ing the viewer. anime series that go on for 1000s of episodes and never end..

i think people have the wrong end of the stick with this. i much preferred freelancer to eve online - BECAUSE it was completable, you can up the level of detail in a managable world.

this film reminds me of that tbh, cos it has a limited set of characters - just across multiverses; so they are different but the same character.
and the majority of the film is in the office building set. it's very well done.
there's a lot of films like this actually, and they're totally under-rated.

ya dont need more. more is not always more. often you can just use what you have better, or in creative ways.
where the hell is my dredd 3d sequel? it was robocop meets die-hard.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ah now it sorta maybe makes sense.. maybe i saw an advert somewhere

it's pretty good ^.^

Obi-wan is meh

New season of Orville!
Facko

Post by Facko »

Beavis and Butt-Head was fun. Obi wan was boring and pointless.

The boys season 3 has been kinda on the dull side too...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

not a movie... but worth your time - i listen to this at least once every time i play a new SHK world ;P

i still think it's hilarious in Passenger 57, when he's reading the art of war to seem stoic and wise, etc, and it's this massive fat book.

you can listen to the whole thing in about an hour..

i mean it's literally <100 pages... they must have made a fake book for the movie ^.^
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 8th, 2022, 7:48 pm
Say the title out loud. It sounds abrasive.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:P
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ahh the proper old series was better, that's like a special

american version ^.^
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

looks like we've got new seasons of Westworld and What We Do In The Shadows.
and possibly new southpark!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Naked Gun :P

Facko likes this.