Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: December 11th, 2021, 1:19 pm Bebop canceled already? Who'd have thought? Especially with the main actress attacking fans so relentlessly... never saw it coming.
Bebop is one of those LBGT genre movies.. have i gone through this before about the women in it? i'll have to read back in the thread, been commenting on this in like 1000 different places..

tbh the only massive shock in any of this, is that the critics haven't backed it. it's literally no worse than all the other LBGT remakes of good shows, yet they got 100%, and this 50%. it's very strange.

their faye and julia are kinda the same really.. that's a strong woman to these people... basically a lesbian. it's because these modern women aren't feminine at all, and they kinda fail to understand what being feminine is. so to them, they are; and thus the actually feminine women need to be cancelled, so as not to offend their own self image...

its so ironic.. the anti-racists are all propagated on a stereotype of race. the feminists are all propagated on a belief the whole 'women' identity, is inherantly oppressed. what you end up with really is racist anti-racists, sexist anti-sexists, and fascist anti-fascists.. it's mental.

i honestly thought bebop was a good show - when taken in the correct context/genre. they shouldn't be comparing these esoteric fanscripts to actually well written stories/artworks.

you have to apreciate that these people are completely ignorant of any way of life outside of their bubble, and expecting a representation of the whole human experience from them is asking way, way too much. they are spoiled narcessists.. like you're watching a modern american pie, and complaining it's not fuckin... clockwork orange or something.
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they literally coulda done both julia and faye, just by splitting amy winehouse into 2 distinct characters:

but this is what im saying: amy winehouse style characters do not exist in their world, they are terfs, they are the enemy :lol:
they must be destroyed for making dumpy lesbians feel un-feminine.

i mean i can see the argument, cos it is like women = sex objects. but as i say, that is bebop's setting, 1920s, or japanese, whichever way you take it - the women are distinctly female. there are LOADS of characters that subvert that - which makes them special, but in the LGBT genre, gender is seen completely differently. being traditionally female is a terrible thing to them.

the problem is, they are all plot devices, and when you remove that, it's all the same boring grey, which is so ironic.
like this rainbow flag is supposed to be "we all different", yet the policy, is we all have to be the same lmao

you can have a story in that, but it'll be vacuous - the thing is, that is literally, a realistic representation of life from their point of view..

i think it's kinda funny, cos these are now your artists. vacuous, hedonistic, nihilistic, narcessists - are artists in the modern world :lol:

as i say, the *ONLY* surprising thing in all of this, is that the critics have turn-coated, and i dont get why.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's all so arbitrary tho.. like, why did masters of the universe get a second series, but not bebop?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is a freak of a film:

was just looking for an example of a 1920's speakeasy, but this'll do nicely.

do you get what im saying though?
this is the style. it does not accommodate angry purple haired lesbians.

i honestly think they successfully changed the story, very well actually, to accommodate those.

it's just, yea, that's not bebop. but otherwise i didn't think it was bad at all - purely taken in it's own lane.
it beats the crap outa ones like street fighter:

just dont expect this:

the jet and spike were really not that bad. but all the female characters.. ALL of them... i mean im not even saying they're bad, but they are different.
jet and spike were only a bit off.. spike was a bit too killer, and jet a bit too dumb. but they were passable interpretations. all the women are completely different characters; and that, changes the entire dynamic of the story. it's hard for the men to be men, when the women aren't being women.. there is no princess to save. it's a 1 sided coin.. what people fail to realize about the men/women difference thing, is they're supposed to come together to make 1 unit.

in LBGT stuff, everyone is just on their own, and out for themselves, but they collaborate as 1 giant mass, like pirhanas.

see the people that genuinely care about their family, dont have such a totalitarian view on things. it's not individual, or all, it's my family within the world. now think how that ties in with bebop.

imo, it was as good as they could make it, while it being through that lens. the problem is they think that lens is the only way to look at things, or at least is the 'modern' way of looking at things.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tho i have to admit i do 100% do the shower-bath-shower thing :lol:

second shower's just a rinse tho rly
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: December 12th, 2021, 3:08 pm
I like em both, it's hard not to. One is fun in a comic book way and one is fun in an almost noir style action movie way.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: December 12th, 2021, 2:52 pm it's all so arbitrary tho.. like, why did masters of the universe get a second series, but not bebop?
Nostalgia and ignorance?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: December 12th, 2021, 5:48 pm
Calvin wrote: December 12th, 2021, 3:08 pm
I like em both, it's hard not to. One is fun in a comic book way and one is fun in an almost noir style action movie way.
i pretty much agree, but i like them for different things.. different moods. the 2012 one is a far better film, but taken as what it is, the 1995 one is pretty entertaining.

same thing with this bebop, but it's in the 1995 one's style. it's not art, but it is entertainment.

maybe that's why the critics dont like it... they expected more from bebop. that kinda shows how good of an anime it is tho.

kinda cheeky for them to have that standard for bebop but not the other things they're bastardizing

Karl Urban is plays dredd so fkin well.

do you reckon the critics thought 2016 ghost busters was a point for point accurate recreation of the original? :lol:
like did they just think OG ghost busters was shit, and people like shit?
so you've recreated the shit, here's 100%?

like is that masters of the universe as well?

i cant get my head around the double standard.. new bebop's a lot better than 2016 ghostbusters..
Facko

Post by Facko »

New matrix movie... fucking god awful.

New spider man... fucking good fun!

Merry Christmas and all of that. Snatch back your brain and hold it! 🤪
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: December 25th, 2021, 1:23 am New matrix movie... fucking god awful.
i got the new matrix.. skipped through a bit.. not sure i can watch this..

well i tried to watch it.. got about 30 mins in, skipped a few bits.. just gonna watch a spoiler review and save myself 2 painful hours.

to be fair though, matrix 2 and 3 were pretty bad as well.
Facko

Post by Facko »

It's not worth finishing. If I hadn't been drunk I wouldn't have. Can't say I was expecting much though. Like you said 2 and 3 were kinda garbage too.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

meh to be fair it's watchable.. it's just not good. pretty much bang on with the 65% it got.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: December 28th, 2021, 6:42 pm It's not worth finishing. If I hadn't been drunk I wouldn't have. Can't say I was expecting much though. Like you said 2 and 3 were kinda garbage too.

... i would literally put it better than 2 and 3... not that that's saying much

but accepting that 2 and 3 are 20%ers... yeah, 65%

all in all, it's bad..... ... ... but it''s not that bad

( would actually say it's worth a watch...small screen. (as opposed to dune, which if you are gonna watch, do it big scsreen)
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

A pretty decent movie i was recently was "Don't Look Up" on Netflix, solid movie, story and acting.
Calvin likes this.