Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

Wtf is wrong with Keanu's face! Bad facelift ftl!
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Not a huge fan of Korean han type films. Snowpiercer was joyless to me. Parasite was fun tho. But both were obvious. I like the spike lee remake of old boy with Josh Brolin a hell of a lot more. The narrative is more cohesive and the action is more fun. Either way tho... wtf did I just watch?!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i like the weirdness of foreign cinema, it's like a different way of doing it ^.^
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 12th, 2020, 2:07 am Im sorry but I'm 110% behind a 30 years later and we're still losers bill and Ted. If you have high expectations from this... I really dunno what to say. Discovery season 2 went all bill and Ted's bogus journey and Keanu Reeves is exploiting our nostalgia... I'm ok with that as long as the end product is fun. It might not be so I get the worried reaction but it wasn't exactly anything sacred to begin with. It's not star trek to me or watchmen to you. Grain of salt here, buddy.
just a bit tired of all this reality in my fantasy ;)

like it's kinda missing the point of telling a story to me... like.. it's the same as the body image thing, and the 'unrealistic expectations' thing, you just have to appreciate it's a story then it's not an issue. it's glorification, over-simplification to turn things into symbolism... like, it's so far from reality, that you shouldn't really bother trying to inject reality into it, to make it more 'realistic'. as if that was the point. it's not supposed to be realistic, they were supposed to save the world... it's fun? they're not supposed to grow old and lame... no-body wants to see that...

i mean i get that these people are miserable fucks that thought it was gonna be real and they would save the world, and they're kinda disillusioned that it's not... but come on, not everyone thinks that. that was never the point. you were never supposed to believe it was real.
Facko

Post by Facko »

As long as it's a well crafted comedy that makes me laugh for 90 minutes I'll be good. They could even do some clever scifi stuff with timelines to explain why their losers. That's me being optimistic though, it could be garbage.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh it will be.. it'll probably be about bill and ted are too white, and they expected to save the world outa privilege, but really they're sad useless MEN...

*sigh*

ya know what they're like. they'll probably make them gay as well. princess's are just a sexist concept in the first place, so they'll have to go. probably left them and became big time CEOs - feminist success story.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

at least they didn't do Bill and Tyrone
Facko

Post by Facko »

I've heard (but could be misinformed) that it was something Reeves and the other guy have wanted to make for a while. Don't think it's quite the same thing as Ghostbusters 2016. It's just those two guys and some others who enjoyed the characters and the movie trying to get a good third movie made.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it might be good. ya never know.

end of the day we will just have to see who has gotten their claws into it.

i think it's partly that actor wanting to bum some success off Keanu tho.

i'll watch it either way of course. well, unless it's as bad as terminator dark fate. ya know that's the only movie i've ever actually turned off halfway through and never finished.

i stopped Audition, max credit to them for that, but i put it back on afterwards ^.^'
just got a bit too much lol. i was only like 17 tho.
it's annoying that film, i would post a trailer but it'd ruin it... it's boring as shit for the entire first half, but it's to lul you into a false sense of security; bit like From Dusk Til Dawn.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

wow... okay i get why i like it now.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hands up if you spotted the innuendo at the time :lol:
i didn't.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

best thing about this movie, is the way they just dumped the idea it was a character. the character is Ash, the movie is Bruce Campbell vs The Army of Darkness :lol:

there's a series as well but it's not great...

s'alright...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

might have posted this one before.. but it's my fav zombie show, it's just way more fun than the others:

and not that it matters... but it actually does diversity properly. the characters are all individuals ^.^
zero references to muh race or muh gender. just well written characters.

and im not sure, but i *think* this is part of the same story. because they're always on about "Black Summer" in Z-Nation
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:lol: