Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

might actually be rly good

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 4:23 pm charlie brooker is good, he's not really doing anything these days since he did black mirror (which i dont like), but his screenwipe and gamewipe videos were pretty good, and his yearly roundups.
Calvin wrote: May 21st, 2020, 12:38 pm wow this is weirdly random... so ya remember those charlie brooker videos i posted, saying he's not made anything in a while...

15 May 2020
Calvin wrote: June 10th, 2020, 3:55 pm gene wilder is so good in this
Calvin wrote: June 16th, 2020, 6:39 am
15 Jun 2020
Calvin wrote: May 7th, 2020, 1:05 am oh this is one to watch that most people will have missed:

4 Jul 2020

:ugeek:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i guess people are sort of on the same page these days? :S

idk man..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

shoulda watched this already really.. and the super meat-boy one..

+

some of the coolest people in the world in the games industry :D
they're not like the silicone valley lot.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

didn't even know these existed, and now they're on the endangered list :(

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh ffs, they never learn.

this forum needs a vomit emoticon...
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 11th, 2020, 1:28 am didn't even know these existed, and now they're on the endangered list :(

Probably a land snatch...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:39 pm oh ffs, they never learn.

They've learned what they can get away with and still make money. I'd have thought that was clear by now... fuckin rum...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i blame big bang theory.. and the whole geek sheek thing.. these people are not artists.. they're not even intelligent... they're media people, and trend followers... to coin a phrase, they're soul-less minions of orthodoxy :P

stuff goes mainstream, majority of population are dumb, so stuff needs dumbing down... they make things for the lowest common denominator.

which is ironic, because the whole point the shows were good was because they didn't do that...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:52 pm

They've learned what they can get away with and still make money. I'd have thought that was clear by now... fuckin rum...
aaaaaaaaand they've turned off comments and likes/dislikes :lol:

what. a. surprise.

shall we wait for the 95% on rotten tomatoes, or do you think it's already there.... drumroll.....

awwh nothing yet. im surprised they are waiting until it's out to post the fake reviews. they are clearly smarter than i thought... just by a bit. like a smidge.

oh and btw, they literally do post fake reviews, we had a marketing guy for one of the apps we made, and that was 100% his job.
it's literally the standard. that's what gamergate was all about, the complete fake bs that games journalism is. after games journalism decided to fire some SJW pot shots at the games industry. like LITERALLY, when i did games reviewing as a module, one of the tasks we were given was to write a negative review about our favourite game, and a positive review about our least favourite game. that is what they teach.

and if you're interested by the way, our tutor used to write for Edge. so yeah.. maybe steer clear of that.

you really need to look at who funds the magazines, because i can tell you from that which games will have good reviews, and which bad. that's what gamergate was all about, we all knew it. honestly it was like the harvey weinstein thing; everyone knows it's going on, but it's just how it is.

see the massive trigger for it, ironically. was that Zoe Quinn slept with one of the reviewers to get her positive reviews, and the reason it pissed people off, was because men cant sleep with their reviewers to get good reviews. so calling the industry sexist was like... massively hypocritical. and she got her terrible game greenlit on steam because of it :lol:

like ya cant complain about sexism, and at the same time, take advantage of sexism... it's just not cricket.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

watched Artemis Fowl last night... it's one of the worst films i've ever seen.

like sooo bad... if you want something like this, watch.... shit what was it called...

Valerian.

it's not great, but it's fun and colourful. Artemis is like Bright.. it's just terrible... there is one that does pixies and stuff right tho... arrg.. that was called.... fs.. it's a weird dutch name..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

okay maybe it's not a weird dutch name then... tbh this isn't a great film.. im not even sure i actually watched it properly all the way though.. but it has a great aesthetic, and some pretty sick scenes:

just dont expect a good story... i honestly cant remember the plot :lol:
but some of the scenes will really stick with you ;)
great visuals. film itself was kinda disappointing tbh.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 11:29 am
Facko wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:52 pm

aaaaaaaaand they've turned off comments and likes/dislikes :lol:

what. a. surprise.

shall we wait for the 95% on rotten tomatoes, or do you think it's already there.... drumroll.....

awwh nothing yet. im surprised they are waiting until it's out to post the fake reviews. they are clearly smarter than i thought... just by a bit. like a smidge.

oh and btw, they literally do post fake reviews, we had a marketing guy for one of the apps we made, and that was 100% his job.
it's literally the standard. that's what gamergate was all about, the complete fake bs that games journalism is. after games journalism decided to fire some SJW pot shots at the games industry. like LITERALLY, when i did games reviewing as a module, one of the tasks we were given was to write a negative review about our favourite game, and a positive review about our least favourite game. that is what they teach.

and if you're interested by the way, our tutor used to write for Edge. so yeah.. maybe steer clear of that.

you really need to look at who funds the magazines, because i can tell you from that which games will have good reviews, and which bad. that's what gamergate was all about, we all knew it. honestly it was like the harvey weinstein thing; everyone knows it's going on, but it's just how it is.

see the massive trigger for it, ironically. was that Zoe Quinn slept with one of the reviewers to get her positive reviews, and the reason it pissed people off, was because men cant sleep with their reviewers to get good reviews. so calling the industry sexist was like... massively hypocritical. and she got her terrible game greenlit on steam because of it :lol:

like ya cant complain about sexism, and at the same time, take advantage of sexism... it's just not cricket.
There are actually people who are excited for this crap too. But basically it comes off like a media company or youtuber who buys views or pays to make it look like they have more traffic to get investors... legal fraud essentially...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah they literally think that people cant tell the difference, and you will just like what you're told to like... that's how these people see the "unwashed masses" kinda thing...

tbh tho, i think it's them that cant tell the difference.. they are there because they paid for a qualification, which doesn't really qualify them for anything, because the universities are just there to get paid now. it's all corrupted for profit. it's a scam. "we pretend to work, and they pretend to watch us". what's that off.. but that's how it works.. it only gets found out like 20-30 years down the line when everything starts to fall apart.

there's often a lot of people that get pissed off at me, cos i actually get the work done, and i make them look bad. it's not my fault if they aren't doing their jobs, and they've established some kinda idle normality... i blame the EU and the larger scale bureaucracy thing; it's far too easy to pass the book, and the last thing anyone wants is to rock the boat.

we're gonna smash it after brexit tho, we'll have an AGILE government ^.^

Facko

Post by Facko »

CBS is already at work silencing critical voices. YouTube randomness ftw.

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.