Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

If it's region blocked, ALF is free on Tubi.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Picard Season 3... I have access to paramount+...

Should I slit my wrists?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i haven't even watched season 2... or lower decks at all.. or discovery past season 1.
its kinda ridiculous really, previously wasn't a big fan of ToS but i have all of TNG, DS9, and Voyager, plus all the movies.. just these new ones aren't made for fans of those :/
i let the first gen of films off as a remake of ToS, so didn't need to be super trekkie.
i will watch things im interested in but am not super into.. but those.. they're just bad, just, bad.
same with the new star wars - i was never massively into those, but could watch em. the new ones.. cant even watch em really - solo is another one i've not watched, but serious, i literally do not want to watch them. they're repulsive shows.

Season 2 of Clarkson's Farm is out tho.

Last of Us isn't terrible... un-necessary 3rd ep, but otherwise pretty entertaining.. tho zombies are played out to death.. and too much random swearing lol
there is a couple of red flags on it.. like it's following the first game it seems from a recap thing i watched comparing it to the game - i've not actually played the games o.O. was PC gaming and it was PS4 or something, but it got like 100% on ign, which is very rare. but then the second game goes all woke, and they do the typical hollywood thing of killing off and replacing the male main character with a strong wamen. then they chose the actor that plays Ron Swanson in Parks and Rec, to play a gay Frank.. which is like fair enough in terms of the guy's acting range, but also a bit like 'i see what you did there'.

ya know i think these people just have a fetish for sullying things which are held in high regard.
should be in other thread, but you could proper bible this shit lol - the demons defile the sacred, drag people down to a base level hell, making more demons, decieved into losing their souls by their good intentions. it's all allegory ;P
*ponders* i suppose you would "Reeee" all the time if you were a demon living in hell.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: February 5th, 2023, 3:27 pm My Grandma loves Charles Bronson. She has the whole series on DVD. She's a big part of why i love cannon movies.
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: February 16th, 2023, 1:21 pm i haven't even watched season 2... or lower decks at all.. or discovery past season 1.
its kinda ridiculous really, previously wasn't a big fan of ToS but i have all of TNG, DS9, and Voyager, plus all the movies.. just these new ones aren't made for fans of those :/
i let the first gen of films off as a remake of ToS, so didn't need to be super trekkie.
i will watch things im interested in but am not super into.. but those.. they're just bad, just, bad.
same with the new star wars - i was never massively into those, but could watch em. the new ones.. cant even watch em really - solo is another one i've not watched, but serious, i literally do not want to watch them. they're repulsive shows.

Season 2 of Clarkson's Farm is out tho.

Last of Us isn't terrible... un-necessary 3rd ep, but otherwise pretty entertaining.. tho zombies are played out to death.. and too much random swearing lol
there is a couple of red flags on it.. like it's following the first game it seems from a recap thing i watched comparing it to the game - i've not actually played the games o.O. was PC gaming and it was PS4 or something, but it got like 100% on ign, which is very rare. but then the second game goes all woke, and they do the typical hollywood thing of killing off and replacing the male main character with a strong wamen. then they chose the actor that plays Ron Swanson in Parks and Rec, to play a gay Frank.. which is like fair enough in terms of the guy's acting range, but also a bit like 'i see what you did there'.

ya know i think these people just have a fetish for sullying things which are held in high regard.
should be in other thread, but you could proper bible this shit lol - the demons defile the sacred, drag people down to a base level hell, making more demons, decieved into losing their souls by their good intentions. it's all allegory ;P
*ponders* i suppose you would "Reeee" all the time if you were a demon living in hell.
Picard is the only one I can't seem to avoid. Even my mom finally quit watching the rest just cuz it said star trek on it, except for this one. My favorite cousin, my girlfriend... they still watch this one. I'm hate watching just this one.

Didn't care for either Last of Us game, I was bored. Never finished. Not compelled to watch the show.

But yeah, they hire people who are technically competent but hate the thing they're working on or doing what they do for a living maybe. I don't get it.
Last edited by Facko on February 19th, 2023, 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: February 19th, 2023, 1:40 am
Facko wrote: February 5th, 2023, 3:27 pm My Grandma loves Charles Bronson. She has the whole series on DVD. She's a big part of why i love cannon movies.
She showed me RoboCop when I was 8. Fucking glorious!
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

linked to the tng episode conspiracy? bug things?

You don't need to bother with season 2. Nothing happens except they murder (he just dies really) one of the best characters in all of Trek. It was 10 episodes of nothing happening.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: February 19th, 2023, 7:43 am
Calvin wrote: February 19th, 2023, 1:40 am
She showed me RoboCop when I was 8. Fucking glorious!
^.^ your grannie sounds cool :P
i didn't mean to post this tbh, was drunk lol, mentioned it to a mate that was round and he said the *exact* same thing lol, that his gran loves charles bronson lmao. just cut the quote out to show him, didn't mean to post it lol

seems people are saying season 3 of picard is alright??

im not sure i'll watch it tho... pretty much just done with it now.
Last of Us is alright, pedro pascal innit, he's doing well these days.
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

cannot be unseen lol

the whole thing just felt low quality, and like the cast couldn't see the difference. 100% they needed the other characters, but it's kinda too late.

Picard is the one captain that could have aged gracefully, but i dont see Picard when i look at Patrick Stewart now.
they shoulda called it Star Trek Patrick.

even looking at the cover picture on that video, Riker is still Riker, Seven is still Seven. but that guy in the middle's no Picard, it's Patrick Stewart.

like he's not acting, he doesn't even look like he's in character, he looks confused at why he's there lol
ya know those photos from Disney World where people pose with the characters and get a photo - it literally looks like that.

might actually watch it for Riker i guess..

always liked Riker actually ^.^

dunno if you noticed, but the Romulan on the other one is G'Kar from B5
Last edited by Calvin on March 17th, 2023, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Tomalak 2024!
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just realized i've not got this on my list :S
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i've actually been watching through the original series of Logans Run, and i'll tell ya what, it's actually pretty good ^.^

it's proper mental sci-fi, im only about halfway through and we've had aliens, robots, crazy hunters, psychics, time travel.. all sorts :D
way more varied than the film.

you can actually download them from here (among other places.. quality isn't great on this version)
https://archive.org/download/LogansRunSeries
check out episode 5 tho, it's actually pretty damn good.

and trippy :lol:

reminds me of the planet of the apes series, they're a lot slower pace, but weirdly entertaining.
the films kinda dont do the series justice in both cases cos they're shot to be more sensational, and that's really not what makes them good..
tv and film actually changed a lot over the last 20 years.. i would say 40 years, but generally stuff in the 90s wasn't *that* different. it was still different episodes, rather than pieces of what is effectively 1 super long movie..

Last of Us has been pretty good as well, i mean, pretty basic zombies rly, and not the most amazing writing.. but a great actor/actress combo in the 2 main roles - so they carry it very well.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

^spoiler - cos most wont bother to watch it

Logan's Run is set after a nuclear holocaust. The time traveller guy is from the past. He invents time travel cos they know the world is gonna have a massive war, and he wants to find out what starts it, so he can try to stop it and save the 7 billion people that died... turns out it's inventing time travel that starts it :lol:

i thought it was really well done :)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »