Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Woodnote

Re: Good Movies

Post by Woodnote »

Personally I really liked The last Duel, not 100% historically accurate never the less films of this scale are rarely produced today. The differences in each of the protagonist's view points are both very subtle and brutally obvious.

TBH I think having an understanding of the real life event and the period helps a lot. For myself I kind like this arrangement. The film makes one think and delve into the history behind it then it gets deeper...

If nothing else The Last Duel is beautifully shot and an interesting watch in 2022. Those that enjoyed The Last Duel, should also watch The Kingdom of Heaven :coffee: I watched tha latter on BluRay but 1 or 2 scenes were resized with this site and uploaded to my phone to be rewatched at lunch break.
Last edited by Woodnote on January 31st, 2022, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Last Duel: Directed by Ridley Scott.

:3
good call
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sounds good actually, will defo check this out. we killed chivalry ya know.. it was a french thing, knights in shining armour and that, and we massacred em all at agincort with longbows. war aint no game son :P

2:45 - what's why i enjoyed lost as a change tho lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tho matt damon and ben affleck are kinda the metoo that never happened..
Facko

Post by Facko »

Peacemaker on HBO Max is... fun. God damn it. I didn't want to like it, but I do.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vigilante :lol:
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Anime time...

My favorite Shonen parody

Ultra girly intentionally... also good fun... with a lot of screwy and equally fun sequels. Uncivil wars stands out. Watch the dub...
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Roujin Z gets an honorable mention. Free on YouTube too...

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

omg, the new ghost busters is like a 9.5/10
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tell ya what, this is actually a surprisingly good film, reminds me of Pulp Fiction, but also a lot of other classics:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14990914/

kind of the writer/director's debut film, second one i think technically. but yeah, impressive for a modern film. just have to hang in there through the crazy setup lol. it's like a guy ritchie film as well, introduces a lot of interesting pieces/players, then puts them together in the story.. it's good.

*personal choice casual viewing thing*
https://youtu.be/BeYSV5dekMQ
i dunno why they ever cancelled this, it's just good casual viewing, even now as a retro show :P
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh and second season of raised by Wolves is pretty damn good!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

crazy japanese psychological horror film :P
good tho, reminds me of a halloween film, but with that dystopian technology vibe ^_^
Facko

Post by Facko »

Facko wrote: February 1st, 2022, 10:45 pm Peacemaker on HBO Max is... fun. God damn it. I didn't want to like it, but I do.
Here's the human cost of a simple apology and our enjoyment. I'm no bleeding heart (I wouldn't give you the sweat off my balls if you were dying of thirst, in fact i might step on your face) but it'll be on our steps soon.

ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

And in honor of Gilbert... I'm gonna follow all of you white mother fuckers home and rape all of your white bitches!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... *scratches head* ...

you okay there dude?