Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:31 pm
Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:30 pm Living with rednecks would give you some perspective.
there are people like that on BOTH sides.
The only rational statement you've made. :P
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

do you guys know martin luther king, and malcolm x?

were those 2 people arguing the same thing to you? a lot of people think they were. they just think they're both black rights activists, and they both want black rights.

you couldn't be more wrong. they were complete ideological opposites that hated each other. MLK was saying content of character is all that matters, malcolm x was saying the black community should band together and be distinct.

i stand firmly with MLK, that we're all people. malcolm x was a racist, it's that fuckin simple.

im sick of this black people cant be racist bullshit. even the fucking statement is racist! stop saying all black people x, all white people y.

like this believe all women stuff. half the crazy people in the world are women!
Last edited by Calvin on November 27th, 2019, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:35 pm do you guys know martin luther king, and malcolm x?

were those 2 people arguing the same thing to you? a lot of people think they were. they just think they're both black rights activists, and they both want black rights.

you couldn't be more wrong. they were complete ideological opposites that hated each other. MLK was saying content of character is all that matters, malcolm x was saying the black community should band together and be distinct.

i stand firmly with MLK, that we're all people. malcolm x was a racist, it's that fuckin simple.

im sick of this black people cant be racist bullshit.
Ummm... who the fuck said any of that?
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the people making these shit tv shows and movies, that you seem to like.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

.. fan service.... jesus christ..

it could not be more insulting to the fans. fan service is giving the fans what they want. like on seven deadly sins, the big breasted female character always wearing skimpy clothing. that's fan service.

a nod to the universe is always nice, but bringing back old characters to shit on them, is NOT fan service.

09 trek is a bad one to focus on, because it was a fair enough remake of TOS, which was just space cowboys basically. but STD has shit all over the legacy of trek to be politically relevant and paint the federation as libtards with a rainbow crew.

trek was bloody imperialistic!
Last edited by Calvin on November 27th, 2019, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facko

Post by Facko »

You're making an awful lot of assumptions because I like the Watchmen TV show lol. Smoke a joint and chill or something. We'll just hafta agree to disagree. Even tho I'm right. :D
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

wokemen is a disgrace. i have the graphic novel, i have the ultimate edition of the film complete with black freighter anime, and i have the animated graphic novel on dvd.

the new one is so bad i can barely stomach watching it.
Facko

Post by Facko »

You'll get no argument from me that new trek and wars are bad. We clearly have different opinions as to why.

Baby Yoda is fan service tho...

OMG! LOOK! IT'S YODA! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I'M GONNA CLAP AND CLAP!
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well they sorta spoilered it for you, cos they tell you the bounty is 50 years old.

i was expecting luke or han, maybe chewie. when it was a yoda species i was like wtf?!
was a good twist to me. i still think it's a clone.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: November 27th, 2019, 9:56 pm OMG! LOOK! IT'S YODA! I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I'M GONNA CLAP AND CLAP!
that's not what a fan does... that's what a non-fan does. you will not find a single fan of anything that is impressed that they know something that bloody obvious.

fans thinking like "but where has it come from? does it have x, y, z? maybe it came from that bit when this and that happened"

this is exactly what i mean, it is SO insulting to fans to assume that's how they think. that's something like, the girlfriend of a 16 year old fan would say. there is actual reasons they like the stuff, there's background, there's expanded universe. if you knew all the stuff, then you would also be a fan, because it's GOOD. they dont 'just like it'. seriously you dont get it... right lets take UO, you know stuff about UO right? what if i said angry birds is just as good of a game, just you like UO, and i like angry birds; but they're both the same and equal. it's like NO, no they're not!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think baby yoda is gonna adopt the mando culture and become *the* mandalorian, cos he's a force user :D
would look so cute in the helmet xD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin wrote: November 27th, 2019, 10:09 pmyou like UO, and i like angry birds; but they're both the same and equal.
then we get that person, that plays angry birds, and thinks there's no difference between angry birds and UO, to make UO2.

that is basically the state of these TV shows and movies right now.

never mind the preceeding ultimas. never mind the characters like Dupre and Shamino, we'll bring them back, use them, give them totally different personalities, then kill them off. never mind the virtue system, we'll just bend that to fit what we want. it's not like this shit has to be internally consistent is it? it's not like there's tons of back story and stuff it has to fit with. it's not like those are the reasons people like the stuff in the first place.

this is EXACTLY what they do. it's terrible.

like look at Rey in the new starwars. they think that's what happened with Luke. never mind him training for ages, never mind him losing in the second film and getting his hand cut off. he just did exactly what Rey did didn't he? picked up light sabre, beat everyone, won the universe, easy.

do you see why it's insulting??? it's saying the fans like shit, and wont notice the difference.
Facko

Post by Facko »

All that and you think trek 09 was ok...

Richard Garriott did exactly what you described with ultima 9.

Get off the political soap box for a bit and use real logic and you'll be much happier. I don't like the new star wars/trek because of the huge lapses in logic and the poor narrative. It's really that simple. Well, that and the pointless shoehorning. Get over yourself already because this is how you come off...
Attachments
n9xqpe84rj911.jpg
n9xqpe84rj911.jpg (74.18 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you're a muggle then that's fine. just stop expecting everyone else to be a muggle, and demanding films and games are made at the muggle level.

it's the same thing, you need to understand there are people that are smarter than you, or more versed in the topic than you.
these things, you may like them, but you don't like them to the degree of someone that understands them more deeply.

people need to stop assuming they like/understand things the same as actual fans or experts, and assuming they are therefore qualified to make these things.

it's like if i look at an F-16 jet, i like it, but do i know all the things that go into making it? do i like it as much as a pilot that actually flies, an engineer that builds them and understands that jet on a much greater level than i do?
how arrogant would it be of me to assume i know an equal amount and understand it just as well as the pilot/engineer; so i can make the next generation of planes.

THAT IS SJW LOGIC. or if you want the technical names, it's the post expert era, because they believe in cultural relativism - ie, "my stuff is just as good, from a different perspective"

09 Trek was as bad/good as TOS. that's all it was trying to be.
Roger Rabbit is a fantastic film, way ahead of it's time.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Lmao, I almost admire your level of self delusion.

ultio mea est