Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: Good Movies

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

not what i was expecting really

ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 16th, 2023, 11:39 am not what i was expecting really

yeah same.. i saw some screenshots, im not mad at it.. just not what i was expecting... might be better tbh, cos there is a lot of trippy stuff in b5 that might be better animated.. i doubt they have the skillz to make a decent live action these days anyway

---

lol not seen this trailer, omg it's sliders xD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

started watching through sliders recently, it's shocking how many sci-fis have ripped off episodes of sliders, it's really well written... just started season 3 and it's gone way higher budget, got picked up by paramount or something.. i dunno i liked the simpler/more creative style, but it's still alright.. jst much crazier storylines

there's a lot of junk coming out these days, it's hard to find good stuff
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 21st, 2023, 4:26 am started watching through sliders recently, it's shocking how many sci-fis have ripped off episodes of sliders, it's really well written... just started season 3 and it's gone way higher budget, got picked up by paramount or something.. i dunno i liked the simpler/more creative style, but it's still alright.. jst much crazier storylines

there's a lot of junk coming out these days, it's hard to find good stuff
Kinda funny that I missed this a few days after downloading Sliders, lol

Got strange after a while, unwatchable by the end mostly but I kept going. Most of the stuff that got rid of characters was from behind the scenes drama (screw Peckinpah) and Rembrandt is all that's left of the original cast by the end.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i started slowing down around season 3 tbh.. it massively does up in budget and you can really tell.. but im not sure it's a good thing :S

i guess so, just a lot more effects and less good writing. i'll get back to it..

Silo was good, weird end to the season tho.

other than that not a lot new out, kong anime on netflix.. new witcher but again bored on about ep 5, too much political crap.

oh i watched john wick 4 as well.. not great tbh, they all getting old old lol, much slower action scenes than the earlier films.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 4th, 2023, 10:29 pm i started slowing down around season 3 tbh.. it massively does up in budget and you can really tell.. but im not sure it's a good thing :S

i guess so, just a lot more effects and less good writing. i'll get back to it..

Silo was good, weird end to the season tho.

other than that not a lot new out, kong anime on netflix.. new witcher but again bored on about ep 5, too much political crap.

oh i watched john wick 4 as well.. not great tbh, they all getting old old lol, much slower action scenes than the earlier films.
Oddly it's whole run was on the Sci-fi channel when it was still called that. Dunno how they went so downhill. They were making money and original programs and now it's the SyFy channel and they make shit like Mansquito. Used to watch my Saturday morning anime there.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

SyFy has done some good shows, like Stargate is a SyFy show i think
there's quite a few

sliders.. i dunno, i think i just dont like the change in showrunner where it's gone all big budget, doesn't fit it so much

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3's not bad

it's on that cinehub.wtf
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

remembered this one, it's terrible, but deliberately :lol:
it's all on youtube, only first ep is in parts.

i think the first time i saw it i stopped after like 10 mins, but gave it chance for the ep this time and it's nay bad lol
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what do we think of this?

i actually think it looks alright

he's playin it a bit mr.rogers, i dunno, maybe.. younger version hmm
depends if they follow more the modern version or the classic.

problem is the modern version is probably closer to the actual book.
(note: that does not make it better)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

watched this, and actually really enjoyed it

good film.

... reminds me of my dad.. he's not super fat, is a bit, but that's not his main issue. but he is very disabled with a fused spine, arthritus, etc..
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 16th, 2023, 6:34 pm watched this, and actually really enjoyed it

good film.

... reminds me of my dad.. he's not super fat, is a bit, but that's not his main issue. but he is very disabled with a fused spine, arthritus, etc..
I hated his kid, but I think you're supposed to. Not fond of the og Wonka stuff. Not gonna touch it.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

did you not like the original one?
i dunno, i just hated the tim burton one
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 20th, 2023, 9:48 am did you not like the original one?
i dunno, i just hated the tim burton one
Just didn't like it, but I didn't like disney movies as a kid either.
ultio mea est