Good Movies

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Facko

Re: Good Movies

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: April 16th, 2023, 1:55 pm there's a decent quality version of this available btw, and yeah, it's not bad at all.
good hangover movie lol

i hated the first one but at least i finished it, couldn't finish this one. even my friends who loved the first one hated this. watch it un-hung maybe? i can't give a real criticism since i couldn't finish, but i'm not really compelled to try to watch it a third time.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i will watch it eventually - picard season 3 i mean.. just.. urgh... they should take out *all* the new characters tbh.
romulan legolas is a good start.

Avatar 2.. meh, it was alright.. ignorable, mildly entertaining, eye candy. i think people that expected a proper film might be a bit disappointed; it is very underwhelming. but to me it was just pretty standard. im not mad at it cos there wasn't much to be mad about?
it's not *good*, but i wouldn't say it's bad either.. just average and forgettable.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 8:04 pm i will watch it eventually - picard season 3 i mean.. just.. urgh... they should take out *all* the new characters tbh.
romulan legolas is a good start.

Avatar 2.. meh, it was alright.. ignorable, mildly entertaining, eye candy. i think people that expected a proper film might be a bit disappointed; it is very underwhelming. but to me it was just pretty standard. im not mad at it cos there wasn't much to be mad about?
it's not *good*, but i wouldn't say it's bad either.. just average and forgettable.
Season 3 was the cinematic send off the tng crew needed. It got weak in a few spots but overall pretty fun.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Another day in tornado alley with the sirens going off and this is what my girl turns on.

ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

*currently downloading the last episode of star trek picard season 3 in higher quality*

bruh.. da fuq, it's really good
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 15th, 2023, 6:13 pm *currently downloading the last episode of star trek picard season 3 in higher quality*

bruh.. da fuq, it's really good
Only because it does its best to pretend the first 2 seasons didn't happen.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

absolutally, but it does it well, i 100% support just skipping the first 2 seasons and watching season 3 as a movie.

seriously tho, look at this, wtf are critics now. this is literally why people complain about fake news and fake media etc. like, the reality is plain to fkin see.

this is literally what gamergate was, it was about reviews being bs. but it all got messed up because the review determined if something got greenlit on steam, then the positive review was cos a lass was sleeping with the reviewers (lol), then that made it about sexism. so fked up.

it fixed, SO MUCH, im actually massively impressed.

i think it only coulda been better if it had a scene of riker watching Star Wars, and being like "can you believe how they ruined these old movies, i cant believe they killed han solo like that". then diana goes "you'll always be my han solo" lol

honestly though, it was really good, very impressed, felt like they made another TNG movie ^.^
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

finally watching the red letter media review of it, starting at the end lol, cos most recent to what i watched.

but they literally saying:
"things have been fixed"
"this is the best TNG movie"

lol ye, so.. ye lol

+
and lol @ https://youtu.be/g63G1l41Wp8?t=2770 <<<<<SPOILERS
"but we've gotta kill off riker"
they know how it is lol
(hollywood gunning for the character type)
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

New Super Mario movie is ok. Watchable at least.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 19th, 2023, 8:50 am New Super Mario movie is ok. Watchable at least.
i didn't like it lol
it's a bit too 'for kids' imo.. not enough of the background 'for adults' threads

i actually really enjoyed this

and holy cow, lucy lui looks exactly the same!
i literally thought it wasn't her and they got a younger actress that looks exactly the same lol
but no, it is actually her.

lots of people banging on about this too

it's alright as a film in itself, not amazing tho imo.
it is VERY DnD tho, that's probably why it's rated pretty highly, there's like a billion references/things taken from other things.

antman and the wasp was meh, typical marvel film, not bad, not good, just keeps you entertained. kang's a good baddie tho, actor's gonna go far; woulda made a good candyman.

there's an evil dead film as well that i've not gotten around to watching.... dude mario was not good tho lol
sonic was a lot better.

there's a second season of sweet tooth as well, but it's not as good tbh.. a lot of these series seem to have explosive first seasons then get kinda meh.. See is probably still the best new thing in a while.
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Guardians of the galaxy 3 was pretty damn good.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

waiting for a good copy ;)

this is actually not a bad one

i was very skeptical after the first 10 mins that it was gonna be another SJW shitshow, but it actually turned out alright
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

got a winner for yas today :P

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:lol: