what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: April 10th, 2023, 8:52 am I hear it a lot. That's the sentiment around the country and It's kind of a first for me, people used to be happy. Things haven't been this bad since the 70s, the people alive back then will tell you that it's actually worse than it used to be.
that actually matters ;)
tbh that's sorta why i joined twitter, and how they get away with stuff, they censor so much that it makes a false narrative that people are happy with what is going on. it's important that people know the concensus is that we're not.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 26th, 2023, 11:20 am https://www.popularmechanics.com/scienc ... nn-effect/

The teachers have fucked this generation over hard
well you need grown ups to have teachers ;)
it's kinda a prerequisit ;P
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:32 pm
Facko wrote: April 10th, 2023, 8:52 am I hear it a lot. That's the sentiment around the country and It's kind of a first for me, people used to be happy. Things haven't been this bad since the 70s, the people alive back then will tell you that it's actually worse than it used to be.
that actually matters ;)
tbh that's sorta why i joined twitter, and how they get away with stuff, they censor so much that it makes a false narrative that people are happy with what is going on. it's important that people know the concensus is that we're not.
Twitter still sucks. Their moderators are still the same liberal morons they had before. Musk isn't paying attention or he doesn't care.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 28th, 2023, 1:08 am
Calvin wrote: May 27th, 2023, 6:32 pm
that actually matters ;)
Twitter still sucks. Their moderators are still the same liberal morons they had before. Musk isn't paying attention or he doesn't care.
well i've not been banned yet lol
Facko

Post by Facko »

I've already been forced to remove things that were not against the rules multiple times... after a 3 year ban for not breaking the rules...

I also have a bigger mouth and a rum habit though lol
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 28th, 2023, 3:13 pm I've already been forced to remove things that were not against the rules multiple times... after a 3 year ban for not breaking the rules...

I also have a bigger mouth and a rum habit though lol
lol yeah.. im stayin off it when im drinking :P

im pretty good at not crossing the line tbh, but they started censoring people for very mild stuff a while back, and banning people for just having the 'wrong' opinions in general - sometimes even if not expressed on that platform.

what it is really though.. is there's kinda a general zeitgeist - there's not a literal translation for the word, but if you dont know it, it basically means "the spirit of the age". it's kinda like the overall atmosphere. the problem is they manufactured a false one by selectively removing people from platforms. so it's kinda enough just to exist on it and make comments.
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Try reporting something actually against the law/ rules. If it's left leaning or antifa... it stays. But I get suspended for hate speech if I tell a guy to fuck off. Even now.

The feds didn't care either. Tried contacting the people involved who would have become victims but they probably thought I was trying to scam them.

Actually contacting anyone inside of twitter is made impossible on purpose and it still is.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think a lot of it is dodging the automatic stuff tbh.. i dont think many things are dealt with by actual people.. like using fck instead of fuck for exmaple.

lol bruh, didn't you say you worked in a school?
check this out

cos she confiscated his nintendo switch...

how nonchalant is everyone while he's beating the unconscious woman in the back of the head? lol
i mean it is really harsh, but if that was a maga hat or something i bet the place would be in uproar.
but this, just another day lol. i suppose it depends what you class as outrageous.

i mean watch the guy in the biege shirt in the background lol

i guess no-body likes that woman or something?

+title is actually wrong.. he doesn't "beat teacher unconscious", he beats an unconscious teacher..

honestly tho, this is a universal atmosphere that all kids are exposed to, and it's like this?
that's insane, this is what we are teaching people is normal?
Facko

Post by Facko »

Kids aren't made to suffer any consequences for their actions at school. Got a kid on camera hanging from a light pole until it falls over? We replace it and the kids might get a slap on the wrist if they even say anything.

When I was younger my parents were liable for whatever damages I caused. Now it's a liability issue I guess. Might offend someone.

High school kids are used to seeing fights and to being cowards. If I had done that as a kid my own friends would have kicked my ass along side the school resource officer. No just walking off after, felony assault charges and juvenile detention till 18 at least.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: May 30th, 2023, 9:19 pm Kids aren't made to suffer any consequences for their actions at school. Got a kid on camera hanging from a light pole until it falls over? We replace it and the kids might get a slap on the wrist if they even say anything.

When I was younger my parents were liable for whatever damages I caused. Now it's a liability issue I guess. Might offend someone.

High school kids are used to seeing fights and to being cowards. If I had done that as a kid my own friends would have kicked my ass along side the school resource officer. No just walking off after, felony assault charges and juvenile detention till 18 at least.
i just couldn't believe how chilled they were about it, like "yeah, i'll slowly amble over"...

getting kinda bored with twitter already tbh, it's just packed with modern Disney type people... it all seems to be about marvel, modern trek, modern star wars, and gayness. plus a lot of griping about politics.

maybe i need to follow some more interesting things.. hmm.. doesn't seem to be any real references to classic stuff, or like, anything per-2016, unless it's posted as a relic... it's all very vacuous
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and suddenly it's all worth it :lol:

lol i shouldn't laugh but this meme does crack me up
https://www.reddit.com/r/foxholegame/co ... x_be_like/

ya know im actually kinda intrigued to watch little mermaid, cos the audience score is really high, and to be fair, i some of the disney live actions have been alright.
68% critic score, 95% audience score tho...
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

I could say a lot but the it would just turn into a rant. Thankfully I'm tougher than that teacher. I've been threatened by kids that look like Mizzy (is that ladder stable?) and hit by a few kids. I either told em to try it or fuck off or grabbed em and took em to a teacher.

About the same as when I was a kid tbh but at least they tried to give you a basic education back then whether you wanted it or not lol.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you'll probably appreciate this one as well lol

they forgot to change the flag as well
original pic has guns on the wall and is a lefty meme. doesn't actually make sense that one, but this one sure does!
Facko

Post by Facko »

Literally just got suspended automatically on Twitter for answering a thread about who I'm voting for...

I tweeted trump, I want the mass firings!

That's it... yeesh
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

:/

rly?
what did you put previously? lol
is this maybe an older report catching up? ;P