what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 4th, 2022, 1:10 am
Calvin wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:22 pm if you want my honest opinion... this might cross a line i dunno lol, but just sayin really..
my honest opinion is there's 2 kinds of arousal, on opposite ends of the spectrum, things which are 'so wrong', and things which are 'so right'.
at the end of the night friction is friction.

:lol:
lmao no. just no.

but i think i just accidentally rationalized how either way you look at it - sex is kinda integral to humanity.
like arguably, as reproductive vehicles for genes, that kinda is our purpose, and all you're looking at is alternative justifications for the same thing - sex.
which expresses itself in terms of good and evil, which create chaos and order.
pretty trippy lol.

so yeah, duality of man. it's not that the world is like that, but humanity is.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 4th, 2022, 1:16 am authoritarianism creates hellscapes. they don't have to be mutually exclusive tho.

a lil funny and a nice history lesson at about 3:45
it may be worth mentioning cognative dissonance at this point.. basically that's when someone's head and heart are at odds - in effect, their intuitive selves and their rational selves disagree with eachother.
this only really happens when people have messed up world views that contradict eachother, and it can like physically hurt.

people very much do have a kinda higher and lower self, angels and demons. it's just how the brain has grown basically, with the lizard brain centre and the higher thinking lobes developing later.

it's those 2 fighting. i think that's why so many people so crazy these days, cos they're in pain from cognative dissonance.
cos they living very base lives, cos we killed religion and didn't replace it with anything.

just pseudo-intellectualism. that we use to rationalize our own bullshit.

to me the more interesting stuff is like, where to draw the lines... like at what point is natural base, or un-natural devine?
or vice-versa?
extremes are fun to play with lol, but dont live in them.

that's why bhuddism is so great :P
golden path is the middle way.

people aren't really evil or good.. everyone is in a grey area. but the thing is, stuff does tend to spiral in one direction or the other.

to bring it back to the video - there are people that have spiralled so far down that you could call them "criminals", but a lot of crime is not perpetrated by "criminals"... that's the ones they're concerned about - and then the issue becomes one of access, when these tortured people have an episode.

see what if i then said you have to mentally evaluate people for a licence? this is now back into the political realm.
and remember we're living in an age of relativism/post modernism/percieved equality...

this is all actually kinda on topic.
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

all the laws and evaluations and roadblocks to getting a gun are truly pointless as long as a black market exists. i'm no criminal but it would not be hard to find one. or even make one. but i'd rather not have to shoot at group of coyote with a homemade shotgun if i can help it.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:41 am all the laws and evaluations and roadblocks to getting a gun are truly pointless as long as a black market exists. i'm no criminal but it would not be hard to find one. or even make one. but i'd rather not have to shoot at group of coyote with a homemade shotgun if i can help it.
i dunno man, fallout 3 is pretty fun
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 4th, 2022, 4:29 pm
Facko wrote: June 4th, 2022, 8:41 am all the laws and evaluations and roadblocks to getting a gun are truly pointless as long as a black market exists. i'm no criminal but it would not be hard to find one. or even make one. but i'd rather not have to shoot at group of coyote with a homemade shotgun if i can help it.
i dunno man, fallout 3 is pretty fun
a pipe and copper wire and a hammer is an awful way to fire anything. i'm not captain kirk fighting the gorn.

can i just pay a mexican fifty bucks to put a firing pin i nmy replica and call it good?
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Anthony's posting Masonic stuff and claiming it supports the world being flat again...

just fyi, if you did ever wonder what the freemasons were all about, it's this:

+
lol i should probably say; i've not watched this in a while probably like 8-10 years ago now.. ermm.. yeah... :?

... i reckon i know the password :X
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so they made ms marvel a dumpy muslim woman... huh..

i think they should release it in pakistan...

who'd have thought capital letters would make such a big difference..

i guess to Disney religion is just another immutable characteristic that doesn't have an impact on your personality.

i mean, what makes her muslim exactly?
.. are they just saying it's a skin colour?

*scratches head*
is that not just a slightly brown westerner?

she gonna get honour killed lol...
this film might get people honour killed :S
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"Like the recent Pixar film Turning Red (and everything from Bend It Like Beckham to The Big Sick), the series humorously and sensitively reflects on the cultural gulf between parents rooted to tradition and children caught between their sense of identity and the desire to assimilate."

problem is this culture they are supposed to assimiliate to, is not so great anymore.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tell ya what actually, im gonna go with it.
in this case maybe the social engineering will be a good thing?

this is the difference in policy between trump and standard america; this is actually a perfect example.

to Disney/Standard-America, everyone should be the same western consumer culture above all else.
and the idea is they will be, cos it's da beeest, this is like that speech from the film Network "all desires satisfied, all fears asuaged" or something like that. this is like the americanization of the world basically - tho it also means america changing to be globally flavoured.

to Trump the American Way, is just the american way - other people do their thing, america does it's thing, and america wins cos its thing is best lol. so america is on top, and people can consume american content, but it's not intended for a global audience.

the reality is that the american way is not actually the best by several other metrics, which undermines both the idea that making it globally flavoured will make everyone just a differently coloured american, and the idea that america will essentially be on top regardless.

an insular america would have issues with getting stuff done on a global stage because it would have less influence.
and a global america; firstly wont really be america anymore, and secondly will be rejected anyway - because it's principles are not necessarily the best ever.

insular america is MAGA i suppose, maybe the issue is it cant push people around so much anymore, so it's trying to be liked instead?

but anyway, if anyone does need a bit of consumerizing and 'normalizing' it is the muslim community..
i mean i do hate it, the whole globalist mentality and atitude, it has no higher ideals or respect for history... but like it probably is preferable?
just be aware the failures can be.. explosive rejections.

(cos they end up feeling hollow, then they go back to the religion)

i dunno if it's accurate or not tho tbh, from my experience muslim people take their religion pretty seriously.
they generally aren't just westerners that go to church now and then.. they full on pray 4 times a day, fast, etc.. like everything is about their religion. even the casual ones still pray 4 times a day and obey all the rules.
it would be good to get a muslim person's opinion of it.

i wish we had some data on things like if the next generation is less religious or not.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i watched it, it's not bad at all tbh. but they totally are coming for your children lol
for everyone's apparently :|

i think on the muslim question, it depends a lot what schools they go to.
a lot of british muslims go to muslim schools, they're segregated by male/female as well, then they dont mix a lot with people outside of their subculture.

i would say this is more just a typical highschool girl from a muslim family, rather than a muslim super-hero.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 9th, 2022, 7:03 pm to Trump the American Way, is just the american way - other people do their thing, america does it's thing, and america wins cos its thing is best lol. so america is on top, and people can consume american content, but it's not intended for a global audience.

the reality is that the american way is not actually the best by several other metrics, which undermines both the idea that making it globally flavoured will make everyone just a differently coloured american, and the idea that america will essentially be on top regardless.

an insular america would have issues with getting stuff done on a global stage because it would have less influence.
and a global america; firstly wont really be america anymore, and secondly will be rejected anyway - because it's principles are not necessarily the best ever.

insular america is MAGA i suppose, maybe the issue is it cant push people around so much anymore, so it's trying to be liked instead?
This is the way things should be. We do our thing and leave people alone who aren't actively asking for our help. Not dropping bombs on the middle east for 3 years was probably a nice respite for a few people. When we were doing this we still got things done. Probably more than we do now. Good trade makes for good friends. It's a shame that the Abraham accords are toast...
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

ugh...

It won't lick itself...
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

https://youtu.be/bsQd9DiHQeg?t=1512

it's crowder but yeah...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i miss the Amber Heard trial... it felt like watching a better version of the final season of Game of Thrones...