what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

omg..

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just remember guys, this is a riot:

and this is a protest:

Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 25th, 2022, 11:22 am kids are impressionable :/
Wtf do you think I've been on about? I'm in middle America and in the conservative south and I get to see trans kids on the daily... good luck if it's just now getting to you.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

adults are impressionable too..

lol or maybe the adults are still kids mentally... probably that.

either way, biden is a joke.
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

0:20 - 0:58

talking to the next generation about their pronouns and stuff be like..
Facko likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

An honest political question, directed at anyone who may be reading, what do you think would happen if America just withdrew from nato? Said fuck it and left everyone else in the world to fend for themselves?

At the moment we're the rich big boy on the block with the big stick that pays the bills for... everything I think. How neutral could Sweden stay if we stop supporting its defense and use our own resources in the current political climate?

I mean... top up and pay your balance or shut up! Your mobile service provider is less forgiving. It really isn't hard to find out how much of your nation's defense is provided by the American taxpayers. Justify to me why I should pay for your security. Because I probably am with all the federal taxes coming out of my paycheck every month.
Last edited by Facko on July 1st, 2022, 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 25th, 2022, 5:14 pm Image

omg..

This is more confirmation than news really. Lol

I think there's actually a difference in the two now. Normally that shouldn't make sense!
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: June 25th, 2022, 5:23 pm Image
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahom ... 674_(2021)

Honk! Honk! Indeed!

(This bill was national news here, blm tried to take over our capitol building too)
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

Facko wrote: June 30th, 2022, 9:52 pm An honest political question, directed at anyone who may be reading, what do you think would happen if America just withdrew from nato? Said fuck it and left everyone else in the world to fend for themselves?

At the moment we're the rich big boy on the block with the big stick that pays the bills for... everything I think. How neutral could Sweden stay if we stop supporting its defense and use our own resources in the current political climate?

I mean... top up and pay your balance or shut up! Your mobile service provider is less forgiving. It really isn't hard to find out how much of your nation's defense is provided by the American taxpayers. Justify to me why I should pay for your security. Because I probably am with all the federal taxes coming out of my paycheck every month.
"The UK is one of only eight nations out of 30 believed to be hitting the target and remains fourth in the list of proportional spending."

It isn't ok...
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: June 30th, 2022, 9:52 pm An honest political question, directed at anyone who may be reading, what do you think would happen if America just withdrew from nato? Said fuck it and left everyone else in the world to fend for themselves?

what you're talking about actually has a name - it's Pax Americana.

similar to Pax Britannica ;)

i imagine the next one will be Pax China..nana?

it's basically "who keeps the peace" - so it's team america world police rly.
it's all from the romans.. sorta a pre-requesit for civilizations to co-exist or something, not sure..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Romana

"It is traditionally dated as commencing from the accession of Caesar Augustus, founder of the Roman principate, in 27 BC and concluding in 180 AD with the death of Marcus Aurelius, the last of the "Five Good Emperors".[1]"

know what's ironis about him? dont know if you know.. he was called marcus the wise, and he has like a book of quotes and stuff, but the reason he was the last good emperor, is he instituted hereditery rule, instead of meritocracy. it's the guy in the film Gladiator, and his son literally was Commodus, the first heredetary emperor, and he was terrible and insane lol. just sayin. maybe not so wise i guess?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: July 1st, 2022, 5:46 pm

"The UK is one of only eight nations out of 30 believed to be hitting the target and remains fourth in the list of proportional spending."

It isn't ok...
well it's all the cold war with russia (well not so cold now) - like the entire western world, for some unkown reason; has been at an unofficial state of war with russia for like 80 years or so now.

it's all the deep state type stuff, was kinda over i think when trump got in, cos trump is oblivious to all the political class stuff, that's why he's cool lol

but that's why all the intelligence agencies and stuff were against him, cos their enemy has been russia since like forever.. you're not allowed to vote for actual change see.

that's why america is back to business as usual even tho they have a completely useless geriatric in the white house - this is not actually the person in charge of anything. not even when he sits down apparently.

+not that it matters - well, if you believe the election was only fixed in terms of controlling the information people get to see - then people just voted to get rid of trump, they didn't for FOR anyone really.. so they got what they wanted.
personally i think even with all that it wasn't enough to secure the election, and they actually fiddled the results as well.

i think people were right to protest this at the capital, i dont beleive it was a riot at all - i think they were inspired by the activism of BLM, but frankly are just placid people that love their country, so even when they're trying to be violent and destructive, they ended up just walking around politely lol.

i think the media ran a disinformation campaign that didn't work, they rigged the election, then they censored and silenced anyone that reported on the rigging, and arrested anyone protesting it. i can see why russia doesn't want to join the "international community".

and the whole reason for it basically, was that Trump was going to change the 'status quo' - the path that we have been on for the last 50 odd years toward 'globalism'. which frankly kinda feels a bit like world domination.

so yeah, that's what's goin on.. it's not that complex rly.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know what... this is a terrible thing to say, but... given the state of circumstances.. i think we should get rid of equal rights.

it would be nice, if democracy worked. but the reality is, if you're trash, your opinion is trash.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 4th, 2022, 11:31 pm ya know what... this is a terrible thing to say, but... given the state of circumstances.. i think we should get rid of equal rights.

it would be nice, if democracy worked. but the reality is, if you're trash, your opinion is trash.
Used to be allowed to counter bad ideas with good ones. Talk sense into people. Now they just have you shut down if you don't agree.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

maybe headed for like a starship troopers style, "serve for citizenship" thing at this rate :S
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: July 5th, 2022, 5:46 pm maybe headed for like a starship troopers style, "serve for citizenship" thing at this rate :S
You kids on the MySpace nowadays?

Ohhhhhh shit.....
ultio mea est