what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

lol did america just discover the class divide?

ooh right yea, cos they made it about race lol
you're not working class cos you're white, i get your issue.

1:00+

bleh, it's not the right clip, he does the same joke in another routine but says like, class is how you be racist to people the same colour as you.
we dont really have the issue of the 2 being conflated in britain. economic means / blue collar / white collar workers, etc. doesn't really have any correlation to race...

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know it's funny that this argument between you and bama, is a microcosm of the greater culture war, and it's very simply middle class people declaring all the working class people are immigrants/PoC; and thus we should change all working class stuff to be for immigrants/PoC.

then you're pissed off at them acting like you dont exist, bulldozing over all your homes, facilities, traditions, etc.

saying it's about race is a misdirection tho.

see this is why intersectionality, or critical race theory, is actually cancer. because it divides people into factions, and it groups people into the wrong places - based on the wrong things.

it's divide and conquer shit.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the middle class have this issue where they need to believe they are intellectually superior - to justify their wealth and position. so they are very certain of their own beliefs. which are mostly given to them by the media. they are very malleable.

really they are much more specialized into 1 role and being a consumer in all other areas. they dont go outside of their routine very often, so are kinda sheltered and all their info is second hand. hence biden lol

working class are much more boots on the ground and practical.

then you also have an underclass, under the working class, this is generally the immigrant workers. often taken advantage of because of their lack of rights or access to things.

the issue really, is that wealth has pooled at the top, making the middle class into the working class, and the working class has been squashed into the underclass.

see the working class goes back to the feudal system, when you had lords and serfs. but we had all these civil wars and rebellions to make a system of government that allows the serfs to have a say in stuff - Parliamentry Democracy.

the problem is that power no longer rests with the government of the country really, it rests with the big global corporations - the same people that have squashed the working class into the under class, and demoted the middle class into the new working class. while the working class jobs basically become slave labour.

global business basically owns the middle class. because people are more loyal to their company than their country, and they base their opinions on corporate news/media.

Trump was the working class basically electing a war leader to wrestle back some power for the government.

that's why they painted him as a racist and stuff, to turn the underclass and the middle class, against the working class.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Classism has been around a while, as long as we've been left alone it hasn't been a big deal. We aren't anymore. I'm not speaking metaphorically or going nuts on shit I watch online... or message board interactions. I'm literally in an authoritarian nanny state that didn't exist until a few years ago. Probably time to find a job outside of the school district...
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/13/us/brook ... index.html

How many black supremacist attacks have to happen before we're allowed to say something? This isn't even close to the first time.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dunno man, i've been enjoying this stuff lately tho :P

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

same.

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Facko wrote: April 17th, 2022, 1:55 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/13/us/brook ... index.html

How many black supremacist attacks have to happen before we're allowed to say something? This isn't even close to the first time.
i do love B5 :P
Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh early seasons londo... hell of a good series, amazing character arcs

might have to start watching B5 again lol
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: April 17th, 2022, 2:54 pm
Facko wrote: April 17th, 2022, 1:55 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/13/us/brook ... index.html

i do love B5 :P
I know it's human nature to assume the worst, but it's just commentary. It's also a legitimate question. I don't get it. Hope I never do.

I'd read the book of G'Kar if that actually existed lol.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

It was the end of the Earth year 2260 and the war had paused, suddenly and unexpectedly. All around us, it was as if the universe were holding its breath...waiting. All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments of revelation. This had the feeling of both.
– Book of G'Kar, 2260[3]

The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender.
The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born...in pain.
– Book of G'Kar, 2260[3]

It is now seven days since we lost Capt. Sheridan and Mr. Garibaldi. And in a way, I think we have also lost Ivanova. It is as though her heart has been pierced and her spirit has poured out through the wound. She blames herself. It is foolish, it is destructive, it is human.
Ambassador Mollari has returned to Centauri Prime to take up his role as advisor on planetary security. I suppose he is quite happy with his new position. It's what he always wanted. Power, title, responsibility. But I think he is more alone than anyone else in the universe.
Delenn has refused to eat for seven days...fasting, praying and waiting. Delenn believes. I think she is the only one who does.
The Shadows have paused in their pursuit of war and everywhere there is a sense of imminent change. Whether it is a change for good or ill, no one can tell. Because no one has yet answered two very important questions. Where is Mr. Garibaldi? And what happened to Capt. Sheridan...at Z'ha'dum?
– Book of G'Kar, 2261[4]
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they all have epic character arcs pretty much ^.^
maybe not like sherriden, ironically it's the most flawed characters that have the best arcs.
Facko

Post by Facko »

They put babylon 5 on HBO max... might be piratable in 4k these days. Unsure about that.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.