what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Calvin

Re: what do you think? (politicy stuff.. kinda)

Post by Calvin »

ya know, it's probably a good thing with the WW3 rhetoric ramping up..

like, it might seem unrelated, but the odds of full scale war with russia just went down considerably.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

... err... hm.

just the first minute and a half or so.. makes me wonder why i think what i think lol..

"In eighteenth and nineteenth century German philosophy, Zeitgeist[1] (German pronunciation: [ˈtsaɪtɡaɪst] (listen)) ("spirit of the age") is an invisible agent or force dominating the characteristics of a given epoch in world history.[2]"

finger on the pulse i guess.. but a lil bit.. concerning.. same thing with red letter media posting films i've re-watched like a week earlier. trippy shit.

but yeah, this is like.. the bleeding edge of social theory and art, pretty cool.

see the argument is that magic by hermetic principles, is changing perceptions - you do not change the physical thing, you change the mental perception of the physical thing. we live in the information age.. information defines your perception. it's basically another term for propaganda..

strange times.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know what's trippy actually.. we have been a high art society before, a few times. but it sorta cycles..

see you can link the art with the idea of divinity, beauty, truth, etc. that becomes lorded over until it becomes decadent. then it's rebelled against.. happened in painting.. i cant remember the name of the style, it might be modern art.. or the one picaso did.. but the idea was ironic art.

sorta rebellious punk type thing, which was preferable to decadent.. hm lets see where are we then.. lets say 90s were a golden age of the big screen.. which then became overly lorded and decadent in the 00's.. was rebelled against in the 2010s.. then 2020's it seems like we're rejecting the modern artists and sorta mining the past for it's secrets.. cycles..

culture is downstream from art, politics is downstream from culture.

see why it's relevent?

things are headed in a good direction :)

.... here's a thought... if we did a full cycle in 30 years... does that mean the cycles are getting faster?
are we gonna do the whole thing again in a 10 year space now?
surely at some point the cycle breaks... hm

then what happens? :S
explode or transcend? trippy thought :P

next 20 years or so will be interesting AF
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

;)
Facko

Post by Facko »

Calvin wrote: May 11th, 2022, 12:42 am next 20 years or so will be interesting AF
Just remember that the future is always born thru pain. Things will get worse before they get better... usually we need to be on the brink before things change.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol im being cyberstalked by a transgender..

and 'she' has this forum address -_-'
i didn't know.. i didn't do anything, and broke it off before i even found out lol.

but yeah... lol!

cal smelt crazy. cal was more right than he knew lmao.

shouldn't be allowed that tho, it's fucked up.

Facko likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well known fact.

-granny weatherwax

all i can say is it's a good thing i get to know people before things...

really tho, how is that even legal..
Facko

Post by Facko »

You and Eddie Murphy! Amirite?

Lol

Seriously tho. Yikes. Don't think stalking is legal. Get a restraining order or something.
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

ultio mea est
Facko

Post by Facko »

You're lucky. I'm buzzed and bored but my girlfriend keeps making me lose my train of thought on the million jokes I want to tell.

They were gold. I swear!
ultio mea est
Calvin likes this.
Facko

Post by Facko »

All joking aside, been in some pretty awkward situations with some strange folks. Make yourself clear. If they don't back off then threaten appropriate legal action. You're still dealing with a man (it sounds like) with a mental disorder so be ready to defend yourself appropriately.

There is no real good advice here.
ultio mea est
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im buzzed as well mate lol

gimme a like or something so i check the thread tho, didn't realize you'd posted ^.^

argh.. just trying to move on from the whole thing, but they keep reporting me on fb and trying to stop me getting to know people where i just started working, it's annoying AF...

it's my fault, never shoulda got involved, i knew better.. just... she's dressing in all the lolita stuff and shit lol. i asked about it and she was like "nah it's not sexual, i just like dressing like this" and im like.. errr.. that's not normal. lol alarm bells ringing loud from then on.

what can i say, it looked tempting. literally a trap, baited and everything lol.

anyway... loving the johnny depp amber heard stuff at the mo