Retro Games

Off-topic general discussion, for everything else.
Johh.M

Retro Games

Post by Johh.M »

Do you guys play retro games? my all time favorite is duck hunt 8-)
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.
Made In Quebec

Re: Retro Games

Post by Made In Quebec »

I play ROTKII on a regular basis, and often replays my SNES favorites.

FFIV, FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Ogre Battle, etc...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i love going back and completing the games i couldn't do as a child :)

this is an insanely big topic tho..

i play them less now tbh, than i did in like 2005-2015. games in that era were kinda dying a bit imo, so i went back and played more retro than mainstream. but these days the indie market is a lot like the old retro market was, so it's not that big of a deal...

i dont think large corporations can make games... it's like trying to get a corporation to write a book. just sorta doesn't work.
tears82

Post by tears82 »

is diablo2 also considered as retro?
:D
Known Aim

Post by Known Aim »

If WoW is considered to be retro then yes :) at the moment it is one of my favourite games especially after discovering leprestore, awesome boosting service with over 8 years of experience! Highly recommend!
Last edited by Known Aim on December 29th, 2021, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Duke Nukem 3D, they actually made some interesting expansions to this game in recent years ( both fan-made and by the game studio).
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lol is it for the mannequin boobs?

2 of my favourites:
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/660/M ... iracy.html

^hard to figure out how to play that one if you dont know where to start tbh :/
but good game (he's wrong about the skills, they do have purposes - just you are supposed to stack them, so you have like 5 space pilot, then that guy is your pilot. having 1 wont do much tho ye. 18:00 in - see the guy doesn't know what he's on about, your int and your education stats determine the max number of skills you can have at the end of the chr creation, and your social standing determines if you can re-enlist more times or not; and he keeps rolling personal dev, so no skills is why he's getting kicked out as well.)

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/428/Albion.html