Completed Monsters running when low video proof.

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Loler

Monsters running when low video proof.

Post by Loler »

Just did 2 spawns on OSI to prove monsters don't act like they do on osi.

How it works on demise.

Monsters get to 16% exactly 16% and they start trying to run. Period. All monsters. The only exception is paragons.

How it works on OSI.

Monsters get to 16% and they stay there then they get to 0% and they die no running.

Documentation.
Bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402014021
Rikktor
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402071890

Demise bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336966284

0 monsters run away in these videos. If you notice some mobs wandering around its because they aren't flagged on me at all and never were. They aren't low hp and running like they do on demise

I made my damage about the same as demise probably less for the bedlam as im using kamas to lower my base damage quite a bit. My suit sucks pretty bad I didn't go all out trying to make a suit. My actual stats on demise are better then this suit.

Side note I don't know why the monster HP isn't registering all the time it never did that on osi when i played 10 years ago I don't know what these people did with the coding over there.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger

Re: Monsters running when low video proof.

Post by The Silvertiger »

Loler wrote:Just did 2 spawns on OSI to prove monsters don't act like they do on osi.

How it works on demise.

Monsters get to 16% exactly 16% and they start trying to run. Period. All monsters. The only exception is paragons.

How it works on OSI.

Monsters get to 16% and they stay there then they get to 0% and they die no running.

Documentation.
Bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402014021
Rikktor
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402071890

Demise bedlam
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/336966284

0 monsters run away in these videos. If you notice some mobs wandering around its because they aren't flagged on me at all and never were. They aren't low hp and running like they do on demise

I made my damage about the same as demise probably less for the bedlam as im using kamas to lower my base damage quite a bit. My suit sucks pretty bad I didn't go all out trying to make a suit. My actual stats on demise are better then this suit.

Side note I don't know why the monster HP isn't registering all the time it never did that on osi when i played 10 years ago I don't know what these people did with the coding over there.
Um this isn't exactly good proof. If you will remember the video in the other thread balrons were running. So the monsters do run away, but it's not like on Demise. Xavier did a terrible job on the AI, but within his ability we can say at least he tried.

Edit:
The Silvertiger wrote:Would like to submit this video for analysis.

I would like to note the blood eles don't flee, but the balrons do [7:13, 9:18]. Not only do the balrons flee, they fly away at a reasonable rate of speed, in odd directions. So as Eos states the initial report is inaccurate, but does point to an ai accuracy issue.

1. Monsters flee
[undetermined parameters]

2. Monsters flee in weird directions
[prefer the straight line method myself]

3. Monsters with wings move faster than those without.
[Flee faster.]
Eos wrote:Cross-post from here:
Eos wrote:
Loler wrote:Monsters are not supposed to flee when under 16% like they do on demise this is not osi accurate.
Monsters definitely do flee on OSI. Though, it does seem like when a monster is attacked, it will not flee for 5-20 seconds to defend itself. This makes fleeing less apparent. If you stop attacking a monster when it's low health on OSI, it will flee just like it would here. The exact mechanics require further analysis.
Edit 2: There are so many instances of the balrons fleeing in that video from Chesapeake 2017. I'm guessing the blood elementals didn't flee because they died too quickly. At 15:40 it appears to flee at 16% or maybe even 20%. Still looking forward to the further analysis.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Spawning blows but still a +1 from me since Morto loves me.
Loler

Post by Loler »

You had to scour threw vids to find a single anomaly. I did an entire spawn its clear that the current version is way off.

Anthony and I two manned a harrower the other night the harrower got to 4% and we tried to push it into a direction we wanted it to go and it wouldn't budge. A single anomaly shouldn't be what the code is based off of its obviously just a bug. Instead we should try to make the rest of the code in line without the bugs.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:You had to scour threw vids to find a single anomaly. I did an entire spawn its clear that the current version is way off.

Anthony and I two manned a harrower the other night the harrower got to 4% and we tried to push it into a direction we wanted it to go and it wouldn't budge. A single anomaly shouldn't be what the code is based off of its obviously just a bug. Instead we should try to make the rest of the code in line without the bugs.
I didn't scour for a video. I saw it while watching another video. Based on video evidence, I believe it is as Eos stated: they do flee, but it takes some time. I can't confirm for stronger monsters such as harrower, peerless, or doom bosses, but I would say they are like Demise[minus harrower] and don't flee.

Were you attacking the harrower trying to make it flee?

Feel free to post videos of you testing this while farming single monsters stopping around 16% to see if they flee.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Loler

Post by Loler »

Yes we were specifically trying to push it into a corner. Almost all harrowers walk in the opposite direction like all other mobs on this server minus paragons. That one was an anomaly like the balron in the video. I can do more spawns and show you the balron was an anomaly on osi if they need more proof. However its pretty clear even on level 2 bedlam if you match both of them up not a single plague beast or bog thing runs in osi. However on demise if they get to 16% they start trying to run i kill some with area but others just keep running.

also on demise rikktor runs at 16% in the video where I'm killing rikktor he keeps attacking me aggressively till he dies and never tries to run.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:Yes we were specifically trying to push it into a corner. Almost all harrowers walk in the opposite direction like all other mobs on this server minus paragons. That one was an anomaly like the balron in the video. I can do more spawns and show you the balron was an anomaly on osi if they need more proof. However its pretty clear even on level 2 bedlam if you match both of them up not a single plague beast or bog thing runs in osi. However on demise if they get to 16% they start trying to run i kill some with area but others just keep running.

also on demise rikktor runs at 16% in the video where I'm killing rikktor he keeps attacking me aggressively till he dies and never tries to run.
Idc what you do with your time. If there's an anomaly it should be explored. It's going to take a lot of testing. As I said looking forward to the further analysis.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

It doesn't need a lot of testing its clearly way different and obvious monsters don't just sprint away at 16% on OSI.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:It doesn't need a lot of testing its clearly way different and obvious monsters don't just sprint away at 16% on OSI.
If it's so different then it clearly needs lots of testing.
1. Which monsters flee?
2. How fast do they flee?
3. Which direction do they flee?
4. Is there a certain health percentage they flee at or is it kind of random?
5. What causes them to flee? Pets? Players? Melee or Ranged?

All this needs testing. You wanna rush crap in and that's how we wind up with pets fleeing straight lines at 16% no matter what besides stronger mobs/paragons. I hope you expect them to do more testing on casting than you do on monster AI.
Selling List & Vendor

Eos likes this.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Why is it a problem that monsters flee ? isnt it more annoying for afk farmers the way it is now ?

I remember right after the new AI was implemented many people were upset that their dragon can invis itself (it irritated me too).. but.. maybe everyone adjusted since then.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Josh

Post by Josh »

Alvin wrote:Why is it a problem that monsters flee ? isnt it more annoying for afk farmers the way it is now ?

I remember right after the new AI was implemented many people were upset that their dragon can invis itself (it irritated me too).. but.. maybe everyone adjusted since then.
I think he was referring to spawns on sampires being the primary reason. Not 100% sure but it’s the only reason I see that it could matter.
Loler

Post by Loler »

My sampire can chase down monsters 1v1 super easy there are so many follow scripts out there for so many programs. The problem is that's not how its supposed to be. It's evident that's not how the system works just by looking at both bedlam videos.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Scoured for this one: UO Atlantic Rikky...

Several instances of dragons and knights fleeing...
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

All the mobs that run in this video have evs on them. Summons cause a wierd effect
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
The Silvertiger

Loler wrote:All the mobs that run in this video have evs on them. Summons cause a wierd effect
Well, there ya go... this is called testing. Hypothesis at this time is summons and pets cause monsters to flee, but it needs testing.
Selling List & Vendor