Invalid Hiryu Dismount

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
Josh

Hiryu Dismount

Post by Josh »

2007 change (during ML) - lesser hiryus should be 20% dismount chance.
"When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%" - Publish 46

I think lesser hiryu dismo chance is less than this (if a gm can verify and respond that'd be awesome).
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... th-august/

Lesser Hiryus on Demise seem to dismount WAAAYYYYY less than 20% of the time, this would be nice to be fixed or verified that it's coded correctly.

Small nuisances like this help make templates more viable.

*sidenote fix things like nerve strike, evasion, blood oath, flamestrike damage, efields working correctly, etc as well as casting (casting should be #1 right now, bc no one will join the server with the current casting 2/5 being better than 2/6) and different templates become more viable and allows for more diverse pvp, which is what makes a healthy pvp server.
koziar likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: [new] Hiryu Dismount

Post by The Silvertiger »

Keyword: "when a lesser hiryu chooses"

This means when it procs the special it has a 20% chance to hit. They don't always choose to use this special.

Now there may be a formula issue still causing it not to choose this as much. Would like to have EOS back so it could be tested.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Keyword: "when a lesser hiryu chooses"

This means when it procs the special it has a 20% chance to hit. They don't always choose to use this special.

Now there may be a formula issue still causing it not to choose this as much. Would like to have EOS back so it could be tested.
What? Then find me the % chance it *chooses* to use its special Bc basing your argument on that sentence meaning it’s less than 20% is retarded without actual evidence.
The Silvertiger

It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

Publish 46 was a great publish though. :)
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

I mean people write incorrectly all the time. I understand how the sentence structure makes it could make it seem that way, but to give out those numbers and intending to have the message be like you describe would be stupid.

Also why troll bug posts? Go troll my other posts.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:It's just basic English. Maybe, the Dev who wrote the sentence wrote it wrong. Will do more research, though.

I mean people write incorrectly all the time. I understand how the sentence structure makes it could make it seem that way, but to give out those numbers and intending to have the message be like you describe would be stupid.

Also why troll bug posts? Go troll my other posts.
It's not a troll. Just basic English. I know Spanish is the mode of communication for all you Mexicans in KvG, but this is written in English.

I have a feeling that on Demise they take DCI and skill into account whereas from the English above it's a straight 20% chance. Needs testing tho. Where's Eos!?
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:Several things.

1. The way it is worded is exactly what it meant. It wasn't a 20% after the change in pub 46. I can confirm 100% pre pub 46 it wasn't a 100% chance to dismount which is how the reverse is worded for pre pub 46.

There's probably better documentation i think it was like a 20% chance to start and they made it like a 4% chance after.

2. Demise intentionally nerfed hyrus and lessers and have made posts on this forum that they did so intentionally and didn't want to change it back.
(Non-shit talking part)
I would like to see the better documentation because based on just publish notes I’ve read they were 100% and the pub 46 was 20%, I am down for it the that way ofc but without evidence I take what you and silvertiger say with a grain of salt.

And I didn’t know about the intentional nerf, I assume it was on the old forums which I never used. But it would also be nice to see a link to that and maybe have a discussion if those problems are as pervasive.
The Silvertiger

Josh wrote:
Loler wrote:Several things.

1. The way it is worded is exactly what it meant. It wasn't a 20% after the change in pub 46. I can confirm 100% pre pub 46 it wasn't a 100% chance to dismount which is how the reverse is worded for pre pub 46.

There's probably better documentation i think it was like a 20% chance to start and they made it like a 4% chance after.

2. Demise intentionally nerfed hyrus and lessers and have made posts on this forum that they did so intentionally and didn't want to change it back.
(Non-shit talking part)
I would like to see the better documentation because based on just publish notes I’ve read they were 100% and the pub 46 was 20%, I am down for it the that way ofc but without evidence I take what you and silvertiger say with a grain of salt.

And I didn’t know about the intentional nerf, I assume it was on the old forums which I never used. But it would also be nice to see a link to that and maybe have a discussion if those problems are as pervasive.
100% would be so sick. I can't imagine OSI messing up that badly and not hotfixing it.
Selling List & Vendor