Post your Demise bug reports here!
MMMartin

Slayer, Stack damage [mage+undead]

Post by MMMartin »

hi, i was testing weapons in test server [talizamn+weapon]

ancient lich again mage slayer, it work
ancient lich again undead slayer, it work

but combine both of them, same damage like 1x slayer

test aswell 2x slayer dragon+undead together [talizamn+weapon], and work again dragon aswell again undead creatures
Eos
Demise Administrator

Re: Slayer, Stack damage [mage+undead]

Post by Eos »

Some references claiming they should indeed stack:
https://community.stratics.com/threads/ ... rs.153876/
https://community.stratics.com/threads/ ... ns.110211/ (suggests only different slayers will stack, so not undead slayer weapon + undead slayer talisman)
https://community.stratics.com/threads/ ... ans.61002/
https://community.stratics.com/threads/ ... st-2319642 (suggests that the same slayers do stack.)

And indeed in the code there is a mention of this:

Code: Select all

// TODO: Should talisman slayer stack with regular slayer? i.e. triple damage?
Currently, Demise only counts one slayer.

(The stacking of the same slayers may need to be tested on OSI since there are conflicting reports.)

Sidenotes:

That last Stratics thread brings up an interesting question of DI caps. According to Damage Calculations on UOGuide, the damage multiplier (consisting of weapon abilities, slayers, enemy of one, etc) is capped at 300% (3x the damage). Demise is currently capping the damage multiplier increase to 300, resulting in a 400% (4x the damage) total cap. 🤔

In FoF June 1 2007 the 300% cap is confirmed, albeit confusingly as it says damage increase is capped to 300%:
"People are saying there is a 300% DI cap for PVM, is this true? "

Yes, this is true, Damage Increase is capped at 300% (or a 300 internal damage rating). However, anatomy, tactics, strength, and lumberjacking are NOT included in that cap.

"If I have 300% DI and I cast Enemy of One will I even do more damage?"

If you already 300% Damage Increase from special moves and profession abilities, then the answer is no, Enemy of One will not increase your damage further.
The note at the end does clarify the meaning of the 300% cap:
Note: that a slayer weapon is double damage (a 200 damage rating). Enemy of One has a rating of 100. The combination of those two alone would reach our cap of 300.
(Suggesting that indeed the damage multiplier is capped at 300%.)

The code is labeling the damage modifier calculation as follows:

/*
			 * The following damage bonuses multiply damage by a factor.
			 * Capped at x3 (300%).
			 */
...but when it comes to applying the effect:

percentageBonus = Math.Min( percentageBonus, 300 );

damage = AOS.Scale( damage, 100 + percentageBonus );
(Scaled by 100% + 300% max = 400% or x4 damage.)

Going back to the UOGuide article:
In other words, the lesser slayer weapons alone achieve the maximum damage modifier effect.
This brings up another issue, where lesser slayer weapons provide a +200% damage modifier (whereas super slayers are +100%). Demise is using +100% for all slayers. Edit: This was a Stygian Abyss change
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Spok and Anthony File like this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Eos wrote: March 30th, 2020, 11:40 pm 300% cap
i think this have work like

Skill damage [anatomy, tactics and lumber for AXE bonus] they are not damage caped they are skills, here no cap
Stats damage STR, here no cap
honor damage, here no cap

damage CAP = DI properity 100% [items] + slayer 100% [leaser 200%] + spell chivalry [EoO + Cons weap + divine fury] + tailizmans[killer]

i m ok with all slayer add only +100%, we have chiv spell for add rest cap xD

[talizmans need aswell add to this cap, maybe check killer talizmans type, others shard have more types of them]

this is only my opinion but CAP is only for this 4 category

need change chiv spell [if it was already change... dont mind it, long time i dont was here]
EoO 120 chiv bonus 82% damage, if lower it will get lower bonus, dont know how it conting but at 65% civ it propably have give only like 30-35% bonus [i think 32 it was other shard... dont sure]

aswell dont know about Cons weap and divine fury on demise, it have some bonus DI when 120 skill
http://www.uoguide.com/Chivalry
1% for every 2.0 points of Chivalty above 90.0 (+15% at 120.0.)

when 120chiv... (max: Hit Chance +15%, Damage +20%, Swing Speed +15%, Defense Chance -10%)
else it have add 10di 10hci 10ssi and -20DCI or so...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Eos wrote: March 30th, 2020, 11:40 pm
This brings up another issue, where lesser slayer weapons provide a +200% damage modifier (whereas super slayers are +100%). Demise is using +100% for all slayers.
I think it was an era specific issue. Would have to check uoguide history for the article to confirm or publish notes.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos likes this.
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

The Silvertiger wrote: March 31st, 2020, 8:00 am I think it was an era specific issue. Would have to check uoguide history for the article to confirm or publish notes.
http://www.uoguide.com/Slayer
Until the Stygian Abyss expansion, all Slayers did double damage to applicable monsters. However, following that expansion, Lesser Slayers do triple damage, and Super Slayers still do double damage. The manufacturers stated explicitly that this was intended to increase the value of the Lesser Slayers, which were increasingly looked down upon by players (with a few notable exceptions, such as Scorpion Slayer, Spider Slayer, and Dragon Slayer, all of which had particular uses).
One bug off the list. :D
Eos

Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

MMMartin wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:04 am i think this have work like

Skill damage [anatomy, tactics and lumber for AXE bonus] they are not damage caped they are skills, here no cap
Stats damage STR, here no cap
honor damage, here no cap

damage CAP = DI properity 100% [items] + slayer 100% [leaser 200%] + spell chivalry [EoO + Cons weap + divine fury] + tailizmans[killer]

i m ok with all slayer add only +100%, we have chiv spell for add rest cap xD

[talizmans need aswell add to this cap, maybe check killer talizmans type, others shard have more types of them]

this is only my opinion but CAP is only for this 4 category
It appears OSI has two 300% caps.

"Damage Bonus" (base damage calculation, shows up in status bar damage)
This damage bonus consists of strength, anatomy, tactics, lumberjacking (when wielding an axe) and your equipped DI (capped at 100). This bonus is uncapped on Demise, but 125 strength, 120 anatomy/tactics and 100 DI only reaches +288.75% (not enough to be capped on OSI). Only with 120 lumberjacking a value above +300% is reached (+322.75%), this would be capped to +300% on OSI. Since this is a damage bonus, your damage can increase fourfold.

"Damage Modifier" (damage increasing effects, applied after base damage calculation, not shown in status bar damage)
The damage modifier consists of weapon abilities (for example crushing blow's +50%), slayers, enemy of one, honor and talisman killers. The bonus to this modifier is capped at +300% on Demise, but on OSI it seems the modifier itself is capped at 300%. Demise currently allows the modifier to grow to 400%. Since this is a damage multiplier, your damage can currently further increase fourfold, when on OSI it is threefold.

A combination of crushing blow (+50%), slayer (+100%), enemy of one (+50%) and max perfection (+100%) is enough to reach +300% on Demise. On OSI you would expect the perfection bonus to no longer make a difference.

Sidenotes:
  • A quiver's Damage Modifier 10% is applied after all the previous calculations and is therefore not subject to any caps. (Confirmed in FoF January 11, 2008.)
  • Divine Fury's 10 DI shows on the status bar (like DI from your equipment) and is part of the first calculation.
  • Consecrate Weapon affects the damage type only.

MMMartin wrote: March 31st, 2020, 7:04 am need change chiv spell [if it was already change... dont mind it, long time i dont was here]
EoO 120 chiv bonus 82% damage, if lower it will get lower bonus, dont know how it conting but at 65% civ it propably have give only like 30-35% bonus [i think 32 it was other shard... dont sure]

aswell dont know about Cons weap and divine fury on demise, it have some bonus DI when 120 skill
http://www.uoguide.com/Chivalry
1% for every 2.0 points of Chivalty above 90.0 (+15% at 120.0.)

when 120chiv... (max: Hit Chance +15%, Damage +20%, Swing Speed +15%, Defense Chance -10%)
else it have add 10di 10hci 10ssi and -20DCI or so...
The increases to Chivalry damage bonuses occurred after ML.

See the old articles on UOGuide:
Enemy of One
Consecrate Weapon
Divine Fury
(Most of these changed in Publish 71 during High Seas, after our current cutoff.)
Eos

The Silvertiger and Spok like this.