Completed Explotion potion delay

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Nocturne

Explotion potion delay

Post by Nocturne »

Hello.

I've been playing ultima online game for some years, I've played on quite a few shards and I never found that when you use one explotion potion,you dont have to wait for this to detonate to be able to throw another potion.
You can throw in the place all explotion potion for you want in the same time.
I think this is a error, i never saw it.
DG

Re: Explotion potion delay

Post by DG »

You can activate second explosion potion before the first one goes off on OSI.
Eos likes this.
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

The error on explo pot is the delay between actions....
My suggestion is to put the same delay at OSI.....At demise u can kill someone just with pots, to be sure its me more common way to kill.....U can throw lots of pots to explode at same time, killing someone with no skill, with no mana cost......just need ep 50 to do 30+ of damage per potion.

Throw potions delay need to be like on OSI
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Yea explosion pots are about half the speed on osi than they are on demise. They’re useful on osi of course just not machine-gunned like demise.
Eos and Cunnana like this.
mguerine

Post by mguerine »

The current delay for explo pots is 200ms (maybe less with low ping). But for most actions you get a 600ms delay between actions or you will get the "you wait to perform another action" message. I think explo pots must follow the 600ms delay as other actions too.
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

mguerine wrote: November 8th, 2021, 12:53 pm The current delay for explo pots is 200ms (maybe less with low ping). But for most actions you get a 600ms delay between actions or you will get the "you wait to perform another action" message. I think explo pots must follow the 600ms delay as other actions too.
At Demise delay is 0, on OSI delay is 1000ms.

I watch some pvp videos from demise mages.....they play all time with low mana(10-20%) just putting fields and healing....for kill the throw like 10 explo pots on 2-3 seconds and kill someone trapped.

90% of mages killing today just throwing explo pots.....almost no one kills dropping spells.
mguerine likes this.
Lermster

Post by Lermster »

@Selene @Larson @Eos excellent pvp, paralyze near the house, close with walls and throw bottles, while you cannot use the teleport near the houses. Brilliant, maybe it's time to do something with this admins?
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

This was recorded on OSI Test Center:

You do not have to wait for an existing explosion potion to go off before throwing another.

However, yes, throwing them is a bit slower on OSI. This is because OSI's general delay between actions is 1000ms, while Demise uses 500ms. (This goes for any double click action and things like equipping items as well.)

We have done experiments with increasing the general action delay in the past. (It was 750ms for most of 2013.) It was generally not well-liked, and it was eventually reverted.

It may be interesting to apply the longer action delay to explosion potions only. Effectively this would make them throw-able half as fast.
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
Cunnana and Haswell like this.
Haswell

Post by Haswell »

Eos wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 1:55 pm It may be interesting to apply the longer action delay to explosion potions only. Effectively this would make them throw-able half as fast.
That would be perfect.

On top of fixing that exploit allowed by reduced delay between actions, please check/fix another explo pot issue:
OSI allows players to use/throwback explo pots within a 2 tiles radius. Demise does not allow that (1 tile range limit), check this video:
https://youtu.be/NhkgfAKTVbw

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by Haswell on January 25th, 2022, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Eos wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 1:55 pm This was recorded on OSI Test Center:

You do not have to wait for an existing explosion potion to go off before throwing another.

However, yes, throwing them is a bit slower on OSI. This is because OSI's general delay between actions is 1000ms, while Demise uses 500ms. (This goes for any double click action and things like equipping items as well.)

We have done experiments with increasing the general action delay in the past. (It was 750ms for most of 2013.) It was generally not well-liked, and it was eventually reverted.

It may be interesting to apply the longer action delay to explosion potions only. Effectively this would make them throw-able half as fast.
Yes, some actions can be abused due to the smaller delay. Dismount bola used to be one of those things before bolas got fixed.

Also, Eos, unrelated to this bug but also very important: Could you check your DM's? :)
Lucifall
Scripted U IRL

Post by Scripted U IRL »

Will these delays also be applied to other potions???