Verification Needed fixing somethings 'osi like' is wrong

Post your Demise bug reports here!
Ciro

fixing somethings 'osi like' is wrong

Post by Ciro »

it's completely wrong to fix just a few things to be 'osi like', if we don't have other stuff 'osi like' to balance everything.

there is whole contex to be analyzed before 'patching' something.

for example, if you patch mana regeneration to be 'OSI like', then we need to have all other OSI stuff to balance that, like imbuing to give +2 mr /+8 lmc to each piece.

i'm just raise to raise that point as i think that osi comparison is all wrong if you just patch part of the shard.
Ciro#7619
Eos
Demise Administrator

Re: fixing somethings 'osi like' is wrong

Post by Eos »

Ciro wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:29 am it's completely wrong to fix just a few things to be 'osi like', if we don't have other stuff 'osi like' to balance everything.

This is of course a valid and important point to consider whenever changes are made. However:
Ciro wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:29 amfor example, if you patch mana regeneration to be 'OSI like', then we need to have all other OSI stuff to balance that, like imbuing to give +2 mr /+8 lmc to each piece.
Mana regeneration was changed to Publish 46 (which was during Mondain's Legacy), before Imbuing was introduced. It was even before champion spawn artifacts were introduced.

Furthermore, there is actually little noticeable change to mana regeneration. This is because we also fixed a bug that caused mana regeneration to be slower than intended. While the old formula seemed faster (looking only at the numbers), in practice it ran slow and resulted in similar rates to the new formula. (See this bug report.)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
DG likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

Eos wrote: June 28th, 2021, 1:07 pm
Ciro wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:29 am it's completely wrong to fix just a few things to be 'osi like', if we don't have other stuff 'osi like' to balance everything.

This is of course a valid and important point to consider whenever changes are made. However:
Ciro wrote: June 28th, 2021, 12:29 amfor example, if you patch mana regeneration to be 'OSI like', then we need to have all other OSI stuff to balance that, like imbuing to give +2 mr /+8 lmc to each piece.
Mana regeneration was changed to Publish 46 (which was during Mondain's Legacy), before Imbuing was introduced. It was even before champion spawn artifacts were introduced.

Furthermore, there is actually little noticeable change to mana regeneration. This is because we also fixed a bug that caused mana regeneration to be slower than intended. While the old formula seemed faster (looking only at the numbers), in practice it ran slow and resulted in similar rates to the new formula. (See this bug report.)
So the actual MR speed doesn't change,or a bit slower?
DG

Post by DG »

@Eos Would you plz review the mana regeneration codes?

I just got time to test it. The difference seems huge,especially in duels. It should be little noticeable?

tks in advance.
3dot

Post by 3dot »

Other important point to consider is Hit Leeches are bugged too...

Warrior template can do perfect weapons, specially archers, they just need to farm kit in heartwood everyday til do best yumi or best bow or best composite...

Differently, mage cant use this... Mage needs to farm ability. HOW to farm this? Dieing AND checking THAT U DONT HAVE MANA TO KILL ONE PLAYER... hehe

If u dont want to fix Hit Leeches for all, it should be fixed in felluca as Cast...
Loler

Post by Loler »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
very little difference. that was funny.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Loler

Post by Loler »

120 med
18 mr
150 int
20 focus
current demise
2.71 mana per second.

Assuming you actually tried to duplicate osi rates

120 med
16 mr
150 int
20 focus
old demise
4 mana per second

But i guess when you dont play the game...
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Dysis
Demise Staff Member

Post by Dysis »

Loler wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:58 am 120 med
18 mr
150 int
20 focus
current demise
2.71 mana per second.

Assuming you actually tried to duplicate osi rates

120 med
16 mr
150 int
20 focus
old demise
4 mana per second

But i guess when you dont play the game...

Greetings player, thank you for your feedback, we will provide more information soon about our adjustements to the system.
Dysis
UO Demise - Game Master

PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UO: Demise.

Shard Rules - Last Publish - F.A.Q