Working As Intended Packet throttling

Closed bug reports will be moved here.
DG

Packet throttling

Post by DG »

https://discord.com/channels/2279148857 ... 1558397962

When you are running or spinning for a while,your ingame ping will increase significantly and your next action will be much slower.Ingame ping will become normal when you stop or cast a spell or do a resync.I used to think its a network issue.But it looks other runuo shards don't have such a problem.So it could be a server side problem.

More and more ppl notice the problem when they start to use CUO.Wish it could be looked into.It will be a quality of life change to high ping players.

Thanks in advance.
mguerine

Re: Packet throttling

Post by mguerine »

I have also observed that in here. Not sure what it is tho but its not often and kinda intermittent.. as DG said, you must stop running otherwise ping will not be lowered.. never tried to cast a spell or resync.. gotta try it..
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
Dysis
Demise Staff Member

Re: Packet throttling

Post by Dysis »

Greetings players, after receiving some reports, we decided to take a look around this issue, it only happens to players with ClassicUO or Orion client, because some modern clients have faster turn delays or the ability to change other delays. This will trigger our anti-speed hack system, which queues your movement packets. The only possible solution is to correct these delays, to match Original 2D client.
Dysis
UO Demise - Game Master

PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please page for a staff member in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UO: Demise.

Shard Rules - Last Publish - F.A.Q