New Suggestion

Post your Demise bug reports here!
3dot

Suggestion

Post by 3dot »

I was checking about pvp mechanics from demise...

Lets try some suggestion changes:
1) FIx stack potions (if u drink one potion, u can drink in row, but I think that u dont have effect in row ... I dont know if it's on osi)
-> It will avoid a little bit auto potions drink ... Player should be drink on right moment...
2) FIx stack curses ( It does fizzles but not stacks curses)
-> If u curse in row here, u will drop all str, agi, int from player... if u drink potions and u have 150 str, one guy can drop 48 str with weaken spam
3) Fix moving shot elemental dmg
-> This will decrease a little bit dmg from archeries... ( one moving shot with hitlight will hit 25+(10-12 light) from target cursed with elemental )
4) Fix hit leech
-> It will drop some kind of bots because leech will base on %, not on dmg as right now
5) Put Paralize status when cast
-> It will avoid some kinds of auto xheal ...
6) Turn action delay 800-1s for all, not only for explo pot as u do
-> Update wasnt put right
7) Fix yumi dmg (they are getting 100+dmg)
-> Dmgs are higher, needs to be fixed.. (More speed, less dmg)
8) Decrease trap pouch dmg (They are higher too, u can take 61dmg with one pouch dmg)
-> Its right ? Image (One parablow with velocity and lighting can drop 50 dmg + Pouch Random til 61dmg + 3-4 ticks 12-14 from conflag)
9) Decrease Tactics 90/70 to 60/30 for both special moves as OSI ( i dont remember if it's 50/30 or 60/30 )
-> Perhaps, It will permit other kind of templates

I think that all thoses changes can increase a lot kind of template, some kind of balance and change some mechanics ...
Last edited by 3dot on September 4th, 2023, 5:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
mguerine

Re: Suggestion

Post by mguerine »

That will bring a more balanced pvp, for sure. But in my opinion, the ones that are urgent will be:
  • 3) Fix moving shot vs elemental damage as reported by me here: https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 14&t=32031
  • 6) Turn action delay 800-1s for all. Staff changed that for explo pot, but it should apply to every single pvp consumable item
  • 7) Fix yumi dmg (they are getting 100+dmg). We've been reporting this for a while. Specially with 24/7 heartwood farming bots. They get as many kits as they want and play with demise crafting RNG to make overpowered bows, composites, yumi's and heavy crossbows. Ah, Yumi damage is absolutely insane so as the heavy crossbow. When you get dismounted, you take 40+ damage and dismounted. That's crazy. You get punished twice from one single shot.
Well, I hope staff review this or at least take those updates to test center and let the community decide (maybe a poll?).

Cheers :)
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
tank

Post by tank »

I like all those proposals but first of all they have to fix some bugs with "OSI" casting
mguerine

Post by mguerine »

tank wrote: August 12th, 2022, 6:22 pm I like all those proposals but first of all they have to fix some bugs with "OSI" casting
such as?
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
Loler

Post by Loler »

Delayed spells are either a tad to fast or 4th level spells are a tad to slow to cast.

Overcastng penatly and disrupt delay are both to long of a penalty and more punishing then osi has them.

Casting is close to done but not finished.

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... ublish-96/

moving shot damage change came out years after the cut off.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Haswell

Post by Haswell »

Loler wrote: November 7th, 2022, 10:37 pm Delayed spells are either a tad to fast or 4th level spells are a tad to slow to cast.

Overcastng penatly and disrupt delay are both to long of a penalty and more punishing then osi has them.

Casting is close to done but not finished.
I feel the same, specially when it comes to "overcasting penalty and disrupt delay". Demise is slower and it is very noticeable.